Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-02-2011   #241
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
same here chief, my buddy gave me some points so I had to activate them on an american account, go to DL and says I cant because of region, now I have to deal with MS' shitty support, I got the run around earlier, but they were so busy I spent most of my time on hold...I have to call back later.

what I got out of the guy was that activision put some weird region restrictions on the pack and there is nothing they can do except give me a token for the points to redeem on my CDN account, but when I got to the billing guy he didnt understand and tried to send me back...I just hung up.
Dat here's what someone in your same area had to say from here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngocphi
*I Cattra I wrote:
any way around this for us Canadian's that have a Canadian IP; a Canadian game and console and still getting this popping up?

where are you trying to buy the DLC the website or the xbox?

the easiest way to do it is sign onto your account on your xbox and download from the marketplace

now if you do not have an canadian account but a US account thats going to be an issue

goto https://billing.microsoft.com
and look at your region

if it is US or anything other then canada then you have a different account
changing the live id does not change the account's region

I have personally purchased canadian ms points and have an canadian account and downloaded this mappack from my canadian ip

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011   #242
Bassani

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Sabotage View Post
Well is this via all systems or...? Cause I know on PC EVERYONE uses the FAMAS.
My guess is it's across all platforms, nothing that tells specifically though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Snakebite View Post
So is the D/L up?
yep, 1200 msp ($15)
Old 02-04-2011   #243
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Dat, I was able to download the DLC. The way I was able, again, it goes back to billing. I had to create an account that was Italian (since I live in Italy i.e. IP). Go to the xbox.com website (with my new account) and go to the US page and order the EN map pack. It then downloaded it to my XBOX, which in turn you can have any member logged in on YOUR XBOX. They can use the map packs. It's a crazy work around, and YES they still get their money and at the end of the day...we can play with everyone in the rooms/maps we want.

Hope it works for you....

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
Old 02-04-2011   #244
DatGuy

so I logged into the website with my american account, the one where all the points are, and attempted to DL it.

the site then pops up and says "that shouldn't have happened, you found a glitch in the system"

lol

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #245
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Chief View Post
Dat, I was able to download the DLC. The way I was able, again, it goes back to billing. I had to create an account that was Italian (since I live in Italy i.e. IP). Go to the xbox.com website (with my new account) and go to the US page and order the EN map pack. It then downloaded it to my XBOX, which in turn you can have any member logged in on YOUR XBOX. They can use the map packs. It's a crazy work around, and YES they still get their money and at the end of the day...we can play with everyone in the rooms/maps we want.

Hope it works for you....
when I tried it differently, like you did, where I logged in with my american account, changed the region to Canada(English) then went to DL, it said the offer is not available in my region...

fuck MS, fuck consoles in general

Old 02-05-2011   #246
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
when I tried it differently, like you did, where I logged in with my american account, changed the region to Canada(English) then went to DL, it said the offer is not available in my region...

fuck MS, fuck consoles in general
I guess for me, this is what I understand.

I had to make an Italian Account since I'm here in Italy. It seems to me, that YOU would need to make a Canadian account, since you are there in Canada right?

DLC -- Checks IP to make sure it can download to the right region the account is made.

Game -- Checks to make sure you have the right version i.e. EN for English, IT for Italian etc.

So wherever you are in the world, your account just needs to be from that region.

Old 02-05-2011   #247
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Chief View Post
I guess for me, this is what I understand.

I had to make an Italian Account since I'm here in Italy. It seems to me, that YOU would need to make a Canadian account, since you are there in Canada right?

DLC -- Checks IP to make sure it can download to the right region the account is made.

Game -- Checks to make sure you have the right version i.e. EN for English, IT for Italian etc.

So wherever you are in the world, your account just needs to be from that region.
here is what my situation is Chief.

my buddy bought me MS points from the US, I can only activate those on a US account. I use that US account to DL the maps.

this has worked for every single map pack for all previous CoD's, but for some reason Activision put region controls on this one...the only way I can get it is if I get MS to remove the 2000 points from my american account and give me a token to add them to my regular cdn account...

it sucks...consoles suck...Im going to play TF2

Old 02-05-2011   #248
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

you're just poor, your console is fine.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #249
S10Draven
bitch

lolcanada
S10Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #250
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10Draven View Post
lolcanada
shut it traitor

Old 02-05-2011   #251
S10Draven
bitch

traitors get to play the new maps
S10Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #252
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10Draven View Post
traitors get to play the new maps

Old 02-06-2011   #253
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

[/Canadian spam]

Quote:
http://forums.xbox.com/34970190/ShowPost.aspx

I searched and couldn't find a thread on this. I am going to list tunnels for the RC-XD I have found so far. I will also try to explain the location as best I can.

Grid: Section C2 at the bottom of a wall. This tunnel is the one with the most options. About halfway through there is an intersection where you can go left or right to go outside or upstairs into a building. You can also continue to go straight.

Hanoi: Section B4, B3, C3, C2. There is a tunnel going under the building in B4 to section B3. The tunnel in section C3 is underneath the stairs and exits in section C2 underneath the stairs there. The C3 - C2 tunnel is great for catching enemies in the center courtyards.

Nuketown: Section B2 to D2. This is probably the best path even though it is not a tunnel. Start at either fence opening at B2 or D2 and boost (LB) over the rock jump. This will catch multiple enemies by surprise because they most likely just spawned.

Radiation: Section C4 to multiple other sections. This is the most diverse tunnel I have found. It goes to the underground section of this level where you can continue across the underground into another tunnel and out to the other side of the level.

WMD: Section C3. The tunnel is in the second story of the building in C3. It is one of the shortest but really effective. It goes through a short air duct and out the side of that building.

Those are the ones I have found so far. I will add to this thread if I find some. Also, if you have found some that I didn't mention or have a better way of explaining it please feel free to add to it. I use the tunnels to cut down on the time I look for potential targets. It helps out if you know where they are.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #254
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Midnight View Post
[/Canadian spam]
[/midnight spam]

look I can do that too!

Old 02-06-2011   #255
[SS]SportoFu
Canadian Chuck Norris

I had no problems with the download. I AM CANADIAN.

I understand why Chief has different accounts, but DG, why do you have an american account? Who is this buddy you're getting points from?

[SS]SportoFu is offline   Reply With Quote