Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-31-2008   #1
[SS]TuefelHunden
Semper Fratres, Semper Fi

Sony and Socom

So, Sony finally does something smart for their SOCOM fans. Map Pack #3 was released today with Crossroads, Fishhook, Frostfire, and Guidance for both 3, and CA. Believe it or not, but it is actually free. They even dropped their fee for the other two map packs as well.

I know there's a lot of bad blood between how they treated us over the years, but I thought I'd just throw that out there for everyone.

[SS]TuefelHunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #2
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaha, omfg are we supposed to care?! ITS A FUCKING PS2 GAME!!! That's fantastic that they're not making people pay for those maps AGAIN! Just fantastic...

Hey, they're putting out a patch for Gran Turismo 1 guys, and it's free!

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #3
[SS]TuefelHunden

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Rator View Post
Hey, they're putting out a patch for Gran Turismo 1 guys, and it's free!
NICE!

Old 03-31-2008   #4
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

They are maybe a little late on this....

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #5
[SS]TuefelHunden

Yeah, it's basically to tempt players back into the franchise so that they will buy Confrontation.

Old 03-31-2008   #6
DatGuy

look now there is a picture of ME!

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #7
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Where was this, what....2 years ago?

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
[SS]Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #8
Sabotage

I love how they're still making things for an out dated console for an outdated game when the new game is just right around the corner.

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #9
Deadshooter

i love how if you have a ps2 you cant get the socom network configuration to work anyway so its bullshit i just wanted to see how they were but nope socom screwed my friends ps2 he had sitting in a box

Deadshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #10
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

So....what this means is that they realize that they have sucked all the suckers and gullibles dry and they just want to make a half effort to look like they care.

I feel bad for those who have been 'hanging on' just hoping things will work out. It is two years past that point.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #11
xFocuzedx

maybe past that point for socom :ca. I have faith in sony and s6 that they are making this one right. I don't mind the date being 5 months away. That just means our boys at S6 have more time to tweak whatever they have too. I was just reading an article this morning that they are stating that Socom Confrontation is PS3 Online Brilliance. I believe it will bring alot more to the online community than any 360 or PS3 game has. PS3 has been outselling the 360 for a while now and once Socom comes out that will be the biggest boost for ps3 sales. So to Datguy please keep up the hard work and thank you for what you are doing for a socom fanatic. I still play the game on a daily basis and the game still has life. I mean at 2 a.m. this morning when I finally decided I HAD to pry my fingers away from the controller for sleep there was still 12k people online. So not that it matters but my heart and opinion is simple.......Sony & PS3 > Microsoft & 360 any day. I love how xbox live is set up but not much longer and psn will be the same way. In game xmb control, and Im sorry to say with the whole Warner Brothers Blue-Ray exclusivity deal and everything thats coming for the ps3, xbox will be on its way to the bottom of the list. O but of course you will still have the kids on xbox live to play with.

Last edited by xFocuzedx : 04-01-2008 at 09:59 AM.
xFocuzedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #12
Tagger

Dude, I'm a PS3 owner. But, please don't encourage the PS3 vs 360 discussion. It's all personal preference.

I am happy about what Slant Six is doing. And, I hope that one day the PS3 will offer something similar to Live. It beats the hell out of what I have to go through on my PS3 to hook up with CoD4 buddies to play.

That said, it's just a wait and see until September.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #13
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Red Rocket, wtf dude. Go play Socom all you want but dont come up in here with console war shit and talk out of your ass. Here's your stats right here and in fact i just heard 360 outsold ps3 in japan and you know what that means...

Here's what you got for games, and their ratings from metacritic.

PS3:
1 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 94
2 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The 93
3 Rock Band 92

360:
1 BioShock 96
2 Orange Box, The 96
3 Gears of War 94
4 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The 94
5 Halo 3 94
6 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 94
7 Rock Band 93
8 Guitar Hero II 92
9 Mass Effect 91
10 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 90
11 Forza Motorsport 2 90

No need to reply to this, just read, and stop posting about what you dont know. Thanks.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #14
xFocuzedx

Admiral Rator, I'm not here to start any crap or get on anyone's bad side. I respect the SS more than any clan I have ever dealt with. But I do understand that Sony and Zipper left the SS with a bad taste in their mouths. As far as the sales go, Last I remember is that the PS3 did outsell them in the month of January and haven't checked since. Although MS claims it was a shortage in systems. I have no doubt that the 360 is still outselling the ps3 but due to the fact that it is a cheaper system. But in all honestly it does not have the capabilities whatsoever that the PS3 does or will continue to have. 360 came out first and has a good sales record, but as time goes on it will drop due to the features that ps3 does and will continue to have. Face it, MS can come out with as many add-ons as they can, but customers will get tired of spending 200 dollars on system add-on. But, the funny thing about me posting this is is that I own both a ps3 and 360 and prefer playing certain games on 360 rathar than ps3. Rainbow six vegas 2 - I'd rathar play it on 360. Plays better and the controller feels better for that type of game. COD4 - I'd much rathar play it on ps3, looks better on my hdtv than 360 which both are running HDMI. Plus the simple fact that live is filled with annyoing children who like to teamkill. Because seriously, who plays non-hardcore on cod4. NOT ME. The 360 is an amazing system IMO as well as the PS3. But I believe ps3 will once again prevail by the end of 08. I'm done with the console war now.
xFocuzedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #15
DatGuy

RR you did it again when Rator asked you not to...

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote