Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-23-2008   #1
[SS]CJ(ret.)

Long time no see

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I've talked to any of you guys. I see rator every once in a while on AIM.

I hear you guys not only switched games but switched platforms. Hope its working out well for you. Personally, I can't deal with FPS games. I've tried many and just cant get to like them. SOCOM ruined shooter games for me. TPS or OTS only for me.

Was wondering if any of you guys plan on playing the new socom at all, even if not officially sanctioned [SS] stuff.

If any of you do, I've been playing 4-5 nights a week, late night pst stuff.

I have a couple accounts to try out the different guns and such. My PSN SNs are: karichi, diaperload, fulldiaperload if anyone wants to add me or if you guys play the new socom at all.

NOTE: Hi Deadeye. I saw it was your birthday not too long ago on the forums but I couldn't figure out how to get access. Took me a while. I'm still playing FFXI quite a bit.

Anyways, thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Peace,

CJ
[SS]CJ(ret.) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #2
S10Draven
bitch

holy crap... long time no see cj.
S10Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #3
DatGuy

hey CJ

Ill be playing a bit on the new socom, since I made it, ISSIDatGuy is my PSN

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #4
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

Hello CJ, pleasure to meet you...

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #5
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

Whats up bud! A few of us will be playing Socom im sure, DatGuy worked on it too. Suggestion: Get over TPS! lmao. come play with the big boys again bro!

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008   #6
[SS]CJ(ret.)

I tried to like FPS stuff, I really did.

I've tried: Soldier of Fortune I and II, Star Wars, Halo, Battlefront, Black, etc. I think I gave them all a fair shake. So now I stick to what I know. I liked MGS quite a bit. Still play MGO occationally.

What eventually drove me away from MGO is they had a FPS setting that a lot of people used. When you were in that mode you were able to 'bob and weave' thus avoiding hits. Then they would pop you in the head. Drove me nuts.
Old 10-24-2008   #7
[SS]Rator

Bah, you tried ALL the wrong shooters bro lol. Those are likke some of the worst ones evar!

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 10-24-2008   #8
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Rator View Post
Bah, you tried ALL the wrong shooters bro lol. Those are likke some of the worst ones evar!
QFT

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008   #9
[SS]CJ(ret.)

You guys just dont get it. Its not the game itself. Its the way in which you can see your toon. There's just something about seeing a hand and half a gun that I can't stand. I started on SOCOM and got used to it. I tried other games to see if I could break my 'socom habit' but couldn't do it. So I'll stick with what I know and like.

I know the popular way to go these days is FPS. That doesn't mean I have to like it. I like TPS so I'll only support games that I like.
Old 10-25-2008   #10
[SS]Rator

That's fine bro, just good to see you back in here posting. How's the burger joint?

Old 10-26-2008   #11
[SS]CJ(ret.)

Same Ol' same ol' My brother quit for like the 10th time so I'm back to working 6 nights a week 50 hours a week. Makes things rough. I don't think he's back on meth but he is blowing everything he has on gambling. He has an addictive personality to say the least. Booz, meth, gambling, pot. Hopefully someday he gets his sh#% together.

We did hear from a TV show about the dinger recently. You guys ever hear of the TV show called "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives?" They called us up the other day and asked about our place. Once we send them some email pics and a copy of our menu they may decide to come do a segment about us in April of next year.
Old 10-27-2008   #12
[SS]Rator

Hey cool, let us know if you get on it.