Thread: Fail!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012   #896
Tagger

Woman swims to safety after crashing vehicle into Vestavia Hills lake while fighting off bee

I'd probably wreck too....

Quote:
VESTAVIA HILLS, Alabama -- A woman in Vestavia Hills was able to escape her submerged vehicle and swim to safety this morning after she accidentally drove into a lake.

The woman was driving in the Crossgate subdivision when she said she was attacked by a bee and lost control of her vehicle.

She crashed into the lake, but was able get out. She was the only person in the vehicle.

The 24-year-old woman declined to give her name. "I am embarrassed,'' she said. She said she is a painter that was working on a house in the neighborhood.

While driving her boss's van, with the windows open, a bee flew into her face and stung her on the lip. "I was freaking out,'' she said. "I was trying to swat it out of the window and I guess I just swerved."

The woman said she was able to crawl out of the passenger's side window and swim to the bank. "I was screaming, 'help, help, somebody''' she said. "I was like, 'Oh my God, I'm going to get fired.'"

Rescue workers checked out the woman, and she was fine.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote