View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012   #4
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

First and foremost; thank-you Rator for the kind words. We’ve had talks about this very subject and for me, it’s hard to accept thank-you’s for doing a job I was paid for. Don’t get me wrong; this is just how I feel when hearing this. I guess I look at it like this. If you go to restaurant and thank that chef for making that burger awesome or even cooking it up, you’re paying them to do that. Much like all American’s are ‘paying’ me to do a job. Perhaps it’s not one that someone else would do. I don’t know how many folks would turn to run toward gunfire or an explosion or fire…..perhaps Police, Fireman and the like. But none the less….it was a job that I loved and would do it all over again!

For those youngsters that might be reading these posts: If for whatever reason, you’re not sure of what you want to do when you grow-up. I’d suggest that you at least go in for four years. It’s not a lifetime commitment and in the end, who knows, you’ll learn a great skill that translates over to the civilian sector and you would have seen some of the world hopefully…..just my two cents.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote