View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005   #88
nyck

sorry rator, i understand you want to calm things down, but well, i hate ignorance, so i have to reply…

Quote:
Originally posted by heavenly spawn
But hey, thats just the way the world works; capitalism.
@spawn
don't you understand the principle of shareware? one creates something and gives it away for free, everybody uses it and everybody is thrilled by it. rules are: you can use it for free but please give credit and you may want to donate something for the afford.

now, the creator gets the fame and some money, but usually that does not make a living. if people like you donated he may got enough to spend more time in creating more stuff and no big corporation would be necessary.

or if people like you did not donate, because they do not have money, which is ok, but you could create sth useful by yourself instead thus giving back sth. and if you cannot do the latter because you dont have the time or abilities, it's ok, but at least you could evangelize, telling people how great the work of the guy is (you are using it all the time, aren't you?) and that they should support it if they can.

see, that's the way things work. and that is not capitalism. if it were you had not seen the maps in the first place, nor the whiteboard, because you had to pay for it… not fifteen dollars, because the works worth is a lot more (and don't forget that the quality would not be that excellent, because if people just work for money they usually dont put as much heart in it…).

Last edited by nyck : 11-02-2005 at 05:40 AM.
nyck is offline   Reply With Quote