View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009   #3
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

Well, as far as likes and dislikes, all I would be telling you would be a grunt's point of view in the Army. I've been in over 20 years, so I love the Army. It has it's good days and bad days, just like in any regular/civilian jobs. It's what you make out of it that counts.

Just make sure, like Bass said, get everything in writing on what they are actually offering on your contract initially. After that, it's pretty much where they need you or send you, if you decide to stay in longer.

I'm sure you see the news and know that we are involved in operations in other countries. Remember, you will be away from home ALOT.

When it's all said and done, the choice is all up to you. There are many, many great benefits of being in. Steady income, promotions, medical insurance, health benefits, dental benefits, you travel to beautiful countries (other than the middle east). Are you single or married? You never mentioned that. That plays a big factor in your decision. I'm glad to read that you may join the forces one day. Good luck.

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote