View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013   #9
[SS]CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Snakebite View Post
Looking back, it's been a great 10 years. Frostfire started it all for me. I popped in my Socom disc and it was the first map I ever played. It was a room set to only that map and I played for hours and hours. I still have my fat PS2, my Socom game, headset, the box and all the swag I collected over the Socom series.

I'll never forget those game sounds. "Seals are winning". "Man Down", "Got him".
Good stuff.
My first map was desert glory. It was the first online ANYTHING that I ever played. Didn't know a thing.

I was playing like I played the campaign. Using single fire, expecting the enemies to follow some pattern. Learned immediately to switch to full auto and that the enemies really didn't want to die and changed strategies between rounds, etc.

I also used my full real name. Then I saw all the other people with names like; ninjakiller, 420killer, assassin, etc. I quickly logged off and created C.J. I also had a silly immature name I used for a few weeks. HisOwnDick. So lets say I killed Snakebite. It would show up on the screen as "Snakebite was fragged by HisOwnDick." I know....childish, but it would make me giggle.

For a while, I think my sig on these forums used to be "Aukwa a nod au hoffera." No idea what it means but that was my favorite terrorist nade throw call out. There might even be an old post of me trying to type out every terrorist grenade call out.

Last edited by [SS]CJ : 08-04-2013 at 04:27 PM.
[SS]CJ is offline   Reply With Quote