View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012   #6
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

First and foremost, I’m going to apologize. I thought that the controller was designed to be both a PS3 and XBOX controller. I was VERY wrong on that. There’s a controller for each. Okay my thoughts.

Goods
-- There are two types of thumb sticks and two types of D-pads. If you like your D-pad to be one complete cross, you can have that or have them as four separate pieces. The thumb sticks are either smooth tops or concaved with more of a grip.
-- You can change the layout of your stick placement. If you want your D-pad up top, you can have it up top out of the way, or in it’s normal place toward the bottom.
-- Weights in the bottom. At first I thought the controller was heavy. Turns out you have two weights in the bottom. You can remove them and make the controller lighter or just add on weight. Very customizable.
-- No batteries needed. This is both a plus and a minus. It’s great that you don’t need batteries, but a minus as you’re tethered to your console via a cable.
-- Quicker reaction. I’m sure it’s a nano-second. But it seems to react quicker. This could be purely an illusion as I believe that not having my controller send a signal every time is faster when using a cable…I could be WAY off on that one.
-- Two different styles. You can use the glossy plates or the flat black ones. I’m sure they’ll come out with multi-color ones in time.
-- Two year warranty.

Others (or bads)
-- As I said above, the cable for me is a bit bad. I don’t mind it, but others might hate it. It’s a four-foot cable that can unplug at either the console or unscrewed from the controller itself.
-- Inability to connect my Bluetooth puck. I have the Turtle Beach Delta headsets. They use a wireless connector to go completely wireless. Unable to connect that puck because the two slots on either side of the headset connector are not there. (used for power)
-- The select and Start button are up to high. This makes it difficult for games like BF3 and other games.
-- Price. At $100 it’s a bit pricey.

I can only hope that in the future I’ll be able to replace the sticks if they wear out. That would make the initial payout worth it. Over all I’d give it 4 out of 5 stars. Let’s hope I can get more kills at least….

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote