View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011   #156
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10Draven View Post
if they tried to make him take the site down cuz it was a fan site but not authorized then yeah they are being babies about it. they may not want someone having that url and redirecting it but im not sure they can do anything about it unless stuff has changed. i seen a story something like this a few yrs back about some guy buying a domain name for some big company before them and they couldnt do shit about it except pay him to buy it from him.
^
Kind of like the guy that copyrighted 21st Century Fox, these are gold diggers and I am not a fan of it, but I feel like there is nothing you can do about it except buy it from him.

There is no slander from what I saw, he is not hurting either game by putting up a vid of Lampoons whatever and adding voices. Slander is a direct intentional way of talking bad about someone trying to hurt their business. A redirect is not slander and there is a loop hole in that as you do have freedom of speech. Slander is no joke as I myself have dealt with it recently as well. I know slander when I see it.

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote