[SS] Forums

[SS] Forums (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/index.php)
-   Game Chat (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13171)

[SS]Wally 01-20-2011 02:34 PM

CoD: Modern Warfare 3

LINK

‘Modern Warfare 3′ coming from Sledgehammer not IW

The next Call of Duty may not be a Modern Warfare title but it will be as close as legally possible. One thing that is not up in the air however, is who will be developing the next 'Modern Warfare' be it Modern Warfare 3 or not, Sledgehammer Games recently posted a job listing where the company is looking for a community manager for the next Call of Duty Game. With the ousting of the Modern Warfare creators there has been no clarification made as to if the developers in place will be pushing forward with the series or even if it is legal for them to do so.

Many things have been rumored already about the next game who it will come from seems to be in place. Will it follow the Call of Duty Modern Warfare story? That remains to be seen. Some recent speculation has hinted to the possibility of a Modern Warfare title telling the story of Ghost in a prequel to Modern Warfare 1.

[SS]Sabotage 01-20-2011 04:26 PM

I smell a huge plate full of meh...

...It's not IW

Bassani 01-20-2011 04:31 PM

Funny, I just read something that said it is coming from IW, just that SH is helping IW & halting on their own spinoff...

[SS]Rator 01-20-2011 04:36 PM

What i heard was that Sledgehammer was going to do an MMO/RPG-ish type COD. I think IW is still going to be doing mw3. Too early to speculate.

[SS]Grifter 01-20-2011 04:36 PM

Interesting....I didn't know they were headquartered out by me.....wonder if they need tech help......

Bassani 01-20-2011 04:38 PM

Here is what I read...

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/20/re...3-with-sledge/

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare publisher Activision has repeatedly stated that Infinity Ward is doing fine since heads Vince Zampella and Jason West were ousted from the company early last year. A report on the LA Times' Company Town blog, however, tells a different story -- according to the piece, both Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have been tasked with helping develop the next, still unannounced Modern Warfare title, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

"People familiar with the situation" claim that Sledgehammer is working with the remaining staff at Infinity Ward on developing the game's single player campaign, while Singularity developer Raven Software is in charge of bringing up the multiplayer side of things. The sources also contend that, like past Call of Duty titles, MW3 is expected to ship this November. Additionally, Sledgehammer is said to have halted production on its own spinoff Call of Duty title in order to help IW out. Representatives at Activision had yet to respond to a request for comment as of publishing.

[SS]Sabotage 01-20-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [SS]Grifter (Post 135672)
Interesting....I didn't know they were headquartered out by me.....wonder if they need tech help......

Wha?! Dude lets take a field trip Grift.

[SS]Grifter 01-20-2011 06:00 PM

Yea, they're in Foster City - not far from me at all. Nice little 30 minute motorcycle ride - if that.

[SS]Sabotage 01-20-2011 07:16 PM

Yup I know where that's at. We should take a visit wearing SS gear.

DatGuy 01-20-2011 08:34 PM

meh, unless the completely overhaul the multiplayer, Im done with COD.

same boring casual shooter crap year after year

[SS]Wally 01-20-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [SS]Sabotage (Post 135688)
Yup I know where that's at. We should take a visit wearing SS gear.

You could almost count me in on that

[SS]Chief 01-21-2011 01:20 AM

Wally, I've read the same article. I don't think it's true however. It started off on one page as a perhaps and has grown into; it will be. But sometimes, change is good for game perhaps? Different ideas etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatGuy (Post 135692)
meh, unless the completely overhaul the multiplayer, Im done with COD.

same boring casual shooter crap year after year

And for DG: Perhaps it's the platform you're playing it on? The PS3 is getting ready to yank COD off of it.

linky

Legal Trouble for PS3 Call of Duty: Black Ops?
Service Rep: We can shut down CoD if we choose

HOUSTON - Players have made their voices heard on plenty of issues concerning Call of Duty: Black Ops for the PlayStation 3, but one exchange between a player and a customer service representative has lit a firestorm.

We reported the concerns of Black Ops players last year , shortly following its November release. Many said their consoles were freezing up during online-play sessions over the PlayStation Network. Players took to Activision's online forums to get a response from the publisher and the game's developer, Treyarch.

Service Rep Says Activision Can Shut Down Black Ops if Need Be

Online journalist and blogger Jason Koblovsky posted a written exchange between himself and a customer service representative. After forwarding his concerns regarding the game, the rep. stated he had no solutions to his problems and then said Activision reserves the right to take Black Ops off the PlayStation Network if it so chooses - a solution that would not be so off-base given the numerous reports of technical issues surrounding the game.

The representative offered the following alternatives, according to the written exchange:

-- Send the game back to Activision and receive a repackaged game to deliver to a retailer
-- Swap the game for an identical version on another gaming platform (XBOX 360, PC)
-- Swap the game for another Activision title of equal or lesser value

Koblovsky, in response, said if Activision does pull the service, the game publisher can expect the following to occur:

-- He would choose option 1 and never purchase an Activision title in the future
-- Legal repercussions from the PlayStation Network
-- He would forward the exchange to several Canadian consumer advocates.

DatGuy 01-21-2011 01:30 AM

nope, Chief, I have it for 360.

its just the same old crap, re-skinned and sent back out. you would think after 4 years they would have added new game modes at least.

also p2p connections are really holding all console shooters back.

Bassani 01-21-2011 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatGuy (Post 135721)
also p2p connections are really holding all console shooters back.

Homefront is supposed to have dedi servers for consoles as well as PC. I'm hoping for this game to be good, sure as hell looks good...

DatGuy 01-21-2011 03:05 AM

yeah Bass, I know. The devs came out and said something along the lines of having more than 5 people in a game should require dedicated servers.

regardless Ill still get homefront on PC over console

[SS]Sabotage 01-21-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [SS]Wally (Post 135699)
You could almost count me in on that

I'm not joking lets do this.

[SS]Chief 05-07-2011 09:04 AM

From here

Rumor: Call of Duty Online to Be Revealed Soon

Everyone’s familiar with the Call of Duty brand. What some people might not know though is how many studios Activision currently have working on the brand itself.

Infinity Ward does the Modern Warfare games (What’s left of the studio anyway), Treyarch did the most recent one, Black Ops, and we also have Raven Software, Sledgehammer Games and Beachhead studios.

Raven Software is rumored to be working with Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games on Modern Warfare 3, which is supposed to be revealed this year and go up against EA’s Battlefield 3. To this end, there have been several rumblings about the Call of Duty brand and where it’s headed. One speculation is it will go past the modern setting and into the realm of sci-fi; another rumor is that it will go the MMO/online route.

While both rumors sound plausible, website Rock, Paper, Shotgun has just received a tip that we will soon be getting a major announcement regarding the Call of Duty brand, and it looks to be centric to the PC.

According to the tip, they’re calling it Call of Duty Online. This might be the Call of Duty “online solution” Bobby Kotick has mentioned before, or at the very least, part of it.

The site speculates that this might be a free-to-play shooter much in the same vein as Battlefield: Play4Free.

Will it be a Call of Duty MMO or a browser game? Or even Call of DutyVille? Activision-Blizzard is scheduled to reveal their quarterly results this coming week, there’s a very good possibility we’ll know more then.

[SS]Midnight 05-07-2011 12:22 PM

I don't know if this is the MW3 everyone thinks is coming, But here is confirmation of CoD:online. Pretty much what you posted Chief, but with confirmation of it.

Quote:

Report: Call of Duty Online in Development
Free-to-Play shooter likely to be announced next week.

Activision will soon unveil Call of Duty Online, a PC title likely to be announced early next week, according to a new report from Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

A tipster told the website the game will be Activision's "online solution" the publisher has been hinting at over the past couple years. RPS speculates Call of Duty Online will have a Free-to-Play business model, similar to Electronic Arts' Battlefield Play4Free title.

Activision Blizzard has an earnings call scheduled for 1:30 pm PST on Monday, May 9. We'll likely hear some details about the project then if this report holds true.

Activision has not responded to requests for comment at this time.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/116/1166484p1.html

DatGuy 05-07-2011 07:38 PM

They will have to completely re-invent the game for me to even come close to considering buying a new COD...every year they have got worse and worse...well black ops was a tad better than MW2.

They have just made them complete snore fests where the game basically plays for you so that noobs can compete.

[SS]Chief 05-07-2011 08:18 PM

I got's to admit, me likey the new map pack. I don't know DG....perhaps give it another go around? You might find it funtastic?

AEJustin1 05-07-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [SS]Sabotage (Post 135757)
I'm not joking lets do this.

The new map pack is pretty awesome! I really like this zombie map better than the rest by far though.

[SS]Chief 05-09-2011 08:23 AM

An oldie....but a goodie. More sneak footage of MW:3

[SS]Wally 05-09-2011 10:20 AM

hahahahahaha nice.

S10Draven 05-09-2011 07:46 PM

the new map pack is awesome....it even got my wife to start playin black op online with me cuz she seen the 4 new maps and said they looked fun. shes not that good yet but shes gettin better every game she plays. i think she got like 12 lvls since sun morn.

Bassani 05-09-2011 07:47 PM

Wrong thread... lol

S10Draven 05-09-2011 08:49 PM

post whore

Bassani 05-09-2011 08:56 PM

Jealous? lol

AEJustin1 05-09-2011 09:48 PM

needs more achievements! lol

[SS]Midnight 05-09-2011 11:09 PM

"Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3"
Quote:

Call of Duty Updates From Activision
The world's most popular franchise is making some changes, but none they aren't too drastic -- yet.
May 9, 2011
0digg
User icon for Steimer-IGNLevel 13
by Kristine Steimer

Activision announced several things regarding its most popular franchise, Call of Duty, on its earnings call today.

For starters, the next Call of Duty game (Activision did not confirm if this would be Modern Warfare 3) will have an accompanying "online universe." Activision didn't give any further details, but this could be connected to the new studio Beachhead's endeavor to provide "digital content" for the franchise.

Finally, Activision stated that it has no intention of monetizing features that players currently receive for free with Call of Duty.

What do you think of these changes? What could an "online universe" mean for Call of Duty? Are you happy that Activision says it won't charge you for currently free features? Sound off in the comments and let us know.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1166976p1.html

S10Draven 05-09-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [SS]Bassani (Post 140811)
Jealous? lol

sadly theres not a damn thing you have that i would be jealous of. :happy-054:

[SS]Chief 05-10-2011 09:14 AM

From here

According to Eurogamer, several sources have pegged the release date as being November 8, which is the second Tuesday in November. This won't come as a huge surprise to anybody, given that the previous two Call Of Duty games have also been released on the second Tuesday in November.

[SS]Grifter 05-10-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

(CNN) -- Activision Blizzard is set to launch a new "Call of Duty" game for consoles alongside an ambitious digital platform later this year, Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg said on the company's earnings call Monday.

Executives have expressed an especially keen excitement about the new platform features.
They named "Call of Duty" as one of the two "significant investments" that Activision is making, which will include the company's largest marketing campaign, Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick said on the call. (The other investment is in PC developer Blizzard, which is working on "Diablo III" and a new massively multiplayer online game franchise unrelated to "World of Warcraft.")

"This year's 'Call of Duty' initiatives will result in the best 'Call of Duty' experiences we have created to date," Kotick said. In addition to paid features integrated into the platform, "You will see a lot of new services and capabilities that will be provided free of charge to all of our customers," he said.

The "Call of Duty" online service has been in development for two years under the name Project Beachhead, Hirshberg said. The company created a separate group, also called Beachhead, to focus full attention on the project, Kotick has said previously.

Activision will begin briefing reporters in San Francisco later this week about the project under nondisclosure agreements. The company plans to make a formal announcement in the next several weeks, Kotick said. Still more details are expected in June for the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

That a new entry in the "Call of Duty" series will be released this year isn't a bombshell. Activision has introduced a new game in that franchise each year since 2005. The most recent, "Call of Duty: Black Ops," was the top-selling game in the United States and Europe over the last three months.

"Black Ops" still draws fervent crowds for its multiplayer features and continues to sell well.

But that experience has been hampered by Sony Computer Entertainment's shutdown of the PlayStation Network, with the online gaming service approaching three weeks of downtime this week. Activision intends to release a download package for "Black Ops" in the next three months. "Hopefully the situation will be resolved by then," Hirshberg said.

Cliff Bleszinski, the design director for Epic Games, which makes another popular shooting franchise called "Gears of War," said he has doubts about "Call of Duty's" viability. "'Call of Duty' is doing well right now, but if I was one of the owners of that property, I'd be concerned about potential fatigue," he said in a recent interview.

This year's new installment may be called "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" and debut in November, according to a report in the Los Angeles Times. "The game has exceeded every internal milestone," Hirshberg said on Monday's call.

LINKY

Bassani 05-10-2011 04:35 PM

Modern Warfare 3 Rumors: Bigger Story, Environmental Destruction

Yesterday, we opined on the increasing likelihood of the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in November. Today, Kotaku filled in some general game details on the not-announced game.

According to Kotaku's sources, MW 3 will continue Modern Warfare 2's story, exploring the aftermath of the invasion of the USA detailed in MW2. The involvement of other nations in the war could result in World War 3. According to the source, Modern Warfare 3 will have an urban setting, including "military vehicles, including tanks, rolling through suburban streets." Returning characters could include John "Soap" MacTavish and Captain John Price.

The main gameplay change will reportedly lie in the scope of the game. It's going to be huge, taking place on large, destructible urban maps. Hmmm... big maps and destructible environments. Those features are the hallmarks of the Battlefield games, and with the amazing-looking Battlefield 3 slated for a fall release, it's looking like a head-to-head battle between the two most 'core shooter game franchises on earth is heating up.

What kind of things would you like to see in the next MW game? If you had to choose either Battlefield 3 or the next Modern Warfare game, which one would you pick?

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...#ixzz1Lz2uT23d

S10Draven 05-10-2011 07:36 PM

i wanna see what the paid features thing is all about...if it just means map packs im all for it...if its some bs like havin to pay to play online or something they can blow it out their ass

Bassani 05-10-2011 08:04 PM

They say that CoD will never have a pay to play program...

http://oneofswords.com/2011/02/mw2-subscriptions-nope/

[SS]Midnight 05-13-2011 10:44 AM

CLICK FOR PHOTO GALLARY

Quote:

The Modern Warfare 3 Files: Exclusive First Details on the Biggest Game of 2011

Brian Crecente — Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is coming Nov. 8, 2011, Kotaku has learned, delivering with it mammoth battles that engulf a dozen cities around the world including New York, Paris and London.

Multiple sources have shared details of the game's story, art, sounds and game modes with Kotaku, noting that the game will reshape the landscape of the Call of Duty franchise, bringing an impressive number of eclectic settings, deep multiplayer gaming and a story that ties up nearly all loose ends from previous titles, including the final moments of key figures in the series' history.
While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we've gone to great lengths to nail down as much as possible the veracity of our sources. We believe that the imagery and chief details are accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release, but this appears to be a full run down of where Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software is on Modern Warfare 3 as they add the final polishing touches.

The game opens moments after the cliffhanger ending of Modern Warfare 2 with the U.S. struggling to stave off a surprise Russian attack. The single-player campaign will ping-pong players around the world as they take on the multiple throwaway roles as a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as key characters from previous installments and new recurring characters. The game will feature about 15 missions, kicking off with the invasion of Manhattan by a Russian force and wrapping up with a final encounter in Dubai.

The plot, as described, seems to be keeping with developer Infinity Ward's habit of delivering complex, short sequences punctuated by lots of gunfire and scene changes. The game also has players take control of several vehicles, returning gamers to the AC-130 gunship as a gunner and plopping them down in a tank as part of a U.S. Armored Division.

The single-player campaign, which appears to wrap up most of the unanswered questions and character fates of the first two Modern Warfare titles, also introduces new characters who appear to be destined for future Modern Warfare games, especially two Delta Force operatives codenamed "Frost" and "Sandman".

Multiplayer in the game returns with a chunky list of playable maps as well as two types of Spec Ops modes: "Survival" and "Mission".

Activision, the series' publisher, still hasn't officially unveiled any details about the game, though executives have said that a new Call of Duty game was coming this year. Last year's Call of Duty: Black Ops, developed by Treyarch, sold more than 7 million copies in the first 24 hours and within six weeks reached $1 billion in sales.

We've contacted Activision for comment and will update the story when and if they provide reaction.

Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Features Battles in Brooklyn, Clash in Mogadishu
Packed with 15 levels set in locations around the world, from Manhattan to the catacombs of Paris, Modern Warfare 3's near-future campaign looks to be an experience that will top anything seen before in a Call of Duty game. More »

Where You'll Go, How You'll Kill, and Who Will Die in Modern Warfare 3
We've been gentle so far in our revealing of what we know about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. We've tip-toed through the minefield of spoilers, and tried to reveal only facts anyone would want to know.

http://kotaku.com/5801226/the-modern...t-game-of-2011

Bassani 05-13-2011 02:00 PM

How about a spoiler alert?

J/K but holy shit the H scroll...

DatGuy 05-13-2011 02:19 PM

I've heard some rumors that they have gone back to PC for the lead SKU so that they can attempt to compete with battlefield in the visual sense

[SS]Midnight 05-13-2011 10:11 PM

No DG. No.

So apparently the info for that big post above that Bassani admired was actually leaked information.
Quote:

fourzerotwo Robert Bowling
A lot of hype & a lot of leaked info on #MW3, some still accurate, some not. To avoid spoiling the experience, I'd wait for the real reveal.
So then 402 said he reluctantly released these vids even though they did not plan on putting them out yet.
Quote:

fourzerotwo Robert Bowling
http://fzt.me/MW3now Wasn’t planned, but you’re clearly hyped, so here is the 1st of many Modern Warfare 3 videos coming in hot today! #MW3
So all-in-all good for us who are eager for info.

[SS]Chief 05-14-2011 08:02 AM

NICE!!