[SS] Forums

[SS] Forums (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/index.php)
-   Professional Work (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Call of Duty World at War: Strategy Guide (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14042)

[SS]Rator 11-04-2008 05:45 PM

Sea Snipers Author & Illustrate COD WaW Guide

Call of Duty World at War: Strategy Guide
Multiplayer Authors & Illustrators

Download PDF Guide
Brady Games hired us to write and illustrate the entire multiplayer section of the Call of Duty World at War Signature Series Strategy Guide.

Here's a quote...

• A complete walkthrough, leading players through every mission.

• AREA MAPS: Detailed maps calling out items, weapons, critical locations, and more!

• WEAPON LISTING: In-depth listing of all weapons with expert tactics on how best to use them

• MULTIPLAYER COVERAGE: Extensive multiplayer coverage with strategies for solo and team-based gameplay

• UNLOCKABLES: All unlockables revealed!

• Signature Series guide features bonus foldout and more!

We did not have a lot of time to do this. Rougly 3-4 weeks tops. We had a lot of stumbling blocks along the way but we managed to compile over a hundred pages of content for the MP section including everything from weapons charts to map and mode tactics. We choreographed and shot all of the screenshots in the guide as well as detailed every weapon, perk, mode and map. The maps look great and are accurate down to the box and barrel. The guide should drop around the release of the game 11.11.08 so check it out.

Big thanks to Yetizai, Snakebite and Midnight for their tireless work on this project, and Wally, Shooter and Bassani for their help as well. We didn't get to go out to Treyarch to work on this one, but we did get to work on full versions of the game via de-bug units supplied by Brady. We had a lot of fun and put in a lot of hours, so if you haven't seen us around, that's what we've been up to. Brady Games had offered us the Socom Confrontation guide too, but we had to turn it down. The deadline for the Socom guide was just too tight. Sorry to all of our Socom friends.

Hope you all enjoy the guide and we will work on trying to put the maps public for everyone to use.

Best,

[SS]Rator & The Sea Snipers®

[SSr]Pitcher 11-04-2008 06:22 PM

I'm sure you know by now, but the Socom guide was pretty lame........thanks for nothing! .................jk. Would you get on with the cloning already!

[SS]Rator 11-04-2008 06:23 PM

lmao

[SSr]Pitcher 11-04-2008 06:26 PM

I may switch back to COD just for the guide. I base all my game playing on the quality of their guides, and Socom just isn't cutting it.

[SS]Rator 11-04-2008 06:30 PM

I wish we could have done the Socom project too, but with COD5, we just didn't have the time.

[SS]Chief 11-05-2008 02:05 AM

Great stuff everyone! I am sure this will be a GREAT guide.

[SS]Shooter 11-07-2008 03:53 PM

The cover is online...

The cover is online...

Sabotage 11-07-2008 04:42 PM

Yea great job guys, sadly I will not be playing this game though.

[SS]Rator 11-07-2008 04:44 PM

oh yea, check under his foot!

Got the Gears 2 guide today too, awesome.

[SS]Chief 11-08-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [SS]Rator (Post 98419)
oh yea, check under his foot!

Got the Gears 2 guide today too, awesome.

Very cool, we have moved from the inside cover to the back cover to now small font on the front page! It just gets better and better....

[SS]Rator 11-08-2008 02:05 AM

lol yep, actually, Socom 3 (our first project) we only got the back page credits, but the past 3 Brady titles we've done (Socom CA, COD4 and COD5) we've been on the front cover of all of them and in the back.

[SS]Wally 11-08-2008 07:16 AM

Hey Boss, congrats on the Gears 2 Guide. That thing is a monster as well. Great job.

[SS]Yetizai 11-08-2008 08:22 AM

I'm excited to see the finished product myself. There is a lot of hours of work in there and I had the really easy job compared to Rator.

[SS]Rator 11-08-2008 01:53 PM

Everyone worked really hard on it and put some hours in. Its not easy to do by any means. Thanks boys.