[SS] Forums

[SS] Forums (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/index.php)
-   Professional Work (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Socom Combined Assault: Strategy Guide (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14040)

[SS]Rator 10-28-2006 05:44 PM

Sea Snipers Author & Illustrate SOCOM: CA Guide

Socom Combine Assault: Strategy Guide
Multiplayer Authors & Illustrators

Download all Multiplayer MapsDownload Individual MP Maps
Since Sept '09 we've been hard at work authoring and illustrating the multiplayer section of the SOCOM Combined Assault Guide from Brady Games! After our success with the official SOCOM 3 guide, Brady picked us up to do the SCA guide.

Once again, we have written the entire multiplayer section of the guide, and I personally have illustrated all of the single player and multiplayer maps including a handful of tactical formation illustrations. We are aware that the maps in the previous guide were difficult to use since they were not available for online use, so this time I have created a numbered and lettered grid system to aid you and your clan in creating tactics and calling out locations. Now you can say, "3 tangos heading south out of E4".

The guide contains in-depth explanations of how to create and manage your clan as well as gameplay basics, and how-to's on tactical fireteam formations complete with illustrations. We had a lot of work to do and very little time and content to work from, but the guide came out fantastic!

In addition to writing and illustrating the guide, we will also have an interview with the Sea Snipers up on the Brady website, in the Brady Games Connected section. This section of their site will also include more content provided by the Sea Snipers in the weeks following the release of SOCOM: CA.

We are honored to be asked to write and illustrate these guides, and hope that they help you and your clan. I would have loved to do the maps on my own like i used to and offer naming things, but at least this way you get all of the maps at once. I would like to thank all of the Sea Snipers that contributed to this guide in both research and quality assurance, i couldn't have done it without you guys. Thanks to [SS]Chief who got us out to E3 and got this whole thing rolling in the first place.

We would also like to thank all of the players that have been so cool, and so supportive of us over the past 4+ years. We appreciate it, and look forward to doing more for the community in the upcoming weeks and months following the SCA release. Hope you enjoy the guide, and please give us any feedback on it once you pick yours up.

Best,

[SS]Rator & The Sea Snipers®

[TOU]Silent-OPs 10-29-2006 12:41 AM

nice!! great work!!

[TOU]Warfaze. 10-29-2006 02:02 AM

Good Work!!

UMMaDCoW 10-29-2006 02:12 AM

Good stuff guys.

mentalcorrupt 10-29-2006 07:15 AM

HA, I knew it!!!!!

You really did help on the guide again.

Good stuff, can't wait to see it!!dancingsmi dancingsmi

[SS]Snakebite 10-29-2006 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mentalcorrupt
HA, I knew it!!!!!

You really did help on the guide again.

Good stuff, can't wait to see it!!dancingsmi dancingsmi

Hehe, see, I couldn't say anything. I'm the wa, wa, wah, waterboy...... winksmiley

Delta-OPs 10-29-2006 12:55 PM

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! BASSANI likes meatspin!

[SS]Rator 10-29-2006 01:05 PM

Yes i apologize to everyone we had to lie to about this project. We were under contract and could not legally talk about it until now. Thanks for the compliments, and let us know what you think when you pick it up.

Bassani 10-29-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Delta-OPs
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! BASSANI likes meatspin!
Um No. Our [r]'s do though, lol

DatGuy 10-29-2006 02:13 PM

congrats SS again on doing the guide!bigclap

[FOG]BTheMan 10-29-2006 03:32 PM

Kewl!

I look forward to receiving my copy in the mail again Rator!

Nice job!

djlotus 10-29-2006 04:09 PM

I have not seen it yet, but would loike to thank you again for all you guys have been doing. It is always appreciated.

bigclap

[SS]TuefelHunden 10-29-2006 06:03 PM

Thanks fellas, we are just as excited about this as everyone else!

JESS7 10-29-2006 09:05 PM

I sure hope my autographed copy arrives in the mail soon!

Seriously...it's pretty cool to talk to the kids at school and say my husband plays Socom with the guys that wrote the book.

I admire you and all your talents, Raptor. I can't believe some of the things you create aren't actually real; they look so life-like. Keep up the good work and congratulations!

[SS]Snakebite 10-29-2006 09:12 PM

zomg, she called you Raptor!!!!!1111

laffyguy rofl laffyguy rofl laffyguy