PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Netflix.?

Thorn2k
06-28-2008, 10:43 AM
I use the HELL out of it.!! i just recently bought the Roku netflix box to stream movies to my TV. you get unlimited stream/downloads.!! we where talking about this over at the VvV boards.. and here is the link that someone posted.

http://gizmodo.com/389698/first-netflix-streaming-box-review-100-and-unlimited-downloads

its pretty damn cool.. my only problem is that there isn't enough stuff thats been made available. don't get me wrong, there is a lot of stuff.. but, could use more.

THEN, kodi posted this link..

http://lifehacker.com/396881/turn-your-xbox-360-into-a-streaming-netflix-player

its to turn your 360 into a netflix player.!!! so you don't even have to buy the set top box.! i'm gonna try that sometime and see how the quality is.

[SS]Showstoper
06-28-2008, 11:13 AM
I had the three movies at a time deal with them. I thought it was pretty cool seeing that it was not even $19 bucks a month for three movies at a time or as fast as you can send them in. Not bad.

[SS]Shooter
06-28-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm usually playing COD, so the TV goes for days at a time without even being turned on...

[SS]Rator
06-28-2008, 04:59 PM
lol, i tried ti too and they never had any recent movies available and i always ended up going to the video store to see the most recent shit.

Thanks for the heads up tho, the streaming shit sounds cool!

Sabotage
06-28-2008, 08:59 PM
I love Netflix we've been using it for years now. Only time I go to the movies it to see something that I've been waiting for but everything else I just wait for Netflix to send it.

[SS]Midnight
07-02-2008, 02:48 PM
I just recently (two weeks ago) started on the netflix path. I am doing the 1 movie at a time deal. I started on the 3 at a time with the free trial offer, and last week that ended. But I watched most of what I was interested in on the free trial.

I do like this thing that turns my 360 into the netflix player. I will give it a try.

[SS]Midnight
07-05-2008, 08:52 AM
OK wow. I just finished setting my 360 up as a netflix player and it is freaking awesome.

I was able to watch them on my 32" widescree TV as it has a input to be used as a PC monitor. But I had to watch it in a IE browser designed for viewing on a PC. It is 100% better through the 360 on the TV. The format works way better that way.

Sabotage
07-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Midnight;91637']OK wow. I just finished setting my 360 up as a netflix player and it is freaking awesome.

I was able to watch them on my 32" widescree TV as it has a input to be used as a PC monitor. But I had to watch it in a IE browser designed for viewing on a PC. It is 100% better through the 360 on the TV. The format works way better that way.I didn't even know you could do that, that's pretty sweet.

[SS]Midnight
07-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Ya it works great. Once or twice in one movie it lagged a bit to catch up the buffer, but that could just be my connection. Also if you like to RW or FF then it might freeze on you here and there and you may need to reboot to start it over again.

Overall though it is very nice indeed. 2 1/2 thumbs up!

Thorn2k
07-08-2008, 11:27 AM
it sounds really good.. i still haven't tried it yet though. Maybe i'll give it a shot this weekend.

[SS]Midnight
07-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I found it to be rather easy to do. I would say it took me about 20 minutes. That includes time reading the directions/instructions.