PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Ps2 Games

Weeper
12-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Ok ... here is the list of PS2 games that I'm getting for Christmas (I mean I got for my kids for Christmas):

Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Ratchet and Clank Going Commando
Crash Nitro Cart
ATV Offroad Fury 2
Defender of the Crown (loved this game for C64)
Cabellas Dear Hunt 2004
Cat in the Hat (for my youngest PS2er)

[SS]ProXimo
12-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Don't have any kids, so I am hosed. LOL

Maybe my wife will buy me one. LOL

[SS]Raiden
12-17-2003, 07:07 PM
my kids aren`t allowed to touch MY ps2 so it`d be fishy buying one for them, lol

[SS]CJ
12-17-2003, 07:13 PM
I think I'll get any kids that I might have in the future all of those games.

Weeper
12-17-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Raiden
my kids aren`t allowed to touch MY ps2 so it`d be fishy buying one for them, lol

Thats why I recently bought another one. One for them and one NEW ONE for me. Hehehehehe!!!

[SS]Raiden
12-17-2003, 09:24 PM
i just bought my daughters a gamecube
i made sure it was a different system entirely

[SS]Cuervo
12-18-2003, 11:12 AM
with socom and evercrack.. the only games i need to buy next at GT4 (June) and MLB 2004

[SS]Cuervo
12-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Solitaire
WHOA....Hold everyhring....There IS gonna be a GT4?? VERY cool........But with my SOCOM and EverCrack addiction....I dunno...My wife wanted to get me the Tiger Woods Golf, the NASCAR and NHL games...because they're online as well...now, this is coming from mY wife, who hates the PS2...I think she figures it keeps me from meeting strange women at the bars....lol

GT4 isnt scheduled to be released until JUNE '04

[SS]Snakebite
12-18-2003, 02:27 PM
I'm too much of a Socomaholic to play anything else.

and whats a C64??

Weeper
12-18-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Solitaire
man, I thought I was the only one that had that game for the C64.........

Nah ... when that game first came out for the C64 it ROCKED!!!

Hope the PS2 version isn't dissapointing. :eek:

Weeper
12-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Snakebite
... whats a C64??

All these young whipper snappers that play these video games now a days don't know nothin'.

Snake,

A C64 is the vintage Commodore 64 computer. The computer the revolutionized home video gaming in the 80s.

Love,
Grandpa Weeper
LOL
:D

[SS]ProXimo
12-18-2003, 05:16 PM
LMAO,

I remember the C64 and the C128 came after. I also had an Atari 800 XL PC. It ran in Basic language before DOS excisted. LOL

My first Game Console was the Atari 2600, then Intelivision and Colleco Vision. Then Atari made the Atari 5200 and it rocked. It soon was killed due to low sales and then the Atari 7800 came out.

The next big one for me was the 8 bit Nintendo, then the SEGA Master System. Then the Super Nintedo, Playstation, N64 and now the PS2.

I owned them all.

I never got into the SEGA Genesis and Dreamcast since I lost interest when I owned a SEGA Master System. Did not like the product.

I also don't like the Game Cube. I do like the X-Box but can't justify the purchase due to lack of great games.

I always had PC's to play games in between these consoles. I remember the firt time I played DOOM. It took about 30 minutes for my brother and I to connect and then we played for like 8 hours straight. The morning light came up. Frost remembers this. It was great.

Weeper
12-18-2003, 05:35 PM
Ok ... I have had or have:

Computers:
TI/99A, C64, Commodore Plus/4,C128, C128D, Apple IIe, Macintosh (original), Mac II, then since 1991 various different PC's

Video Game Systems:
PONG, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Playstation, PS2.

The big gap between the Atari's and the Nintendo was because at that time the C64 was the best game machine out there.

[SS]CJ
12-18-2003, 08:52 PM
PONG, ROFLMAO. I had that as well.

Prox, do me a favor and the dollar amount up for all the chit you had. I'm curious. Just a rough guess. I had some of those, but definately not as many as you had.

Since we're on the topic of video games, has anyone ever heard of a game called "The Incredible Machine?" It's a really hard game to describe. If I have to I'll describe it, but I was hopin someone would turn me on where I can get it.

[SS]ProXimo
12-19-2003, 11:27 AM
PONG, Pong came out for the ATARI 2600 as the first Video game on a console. The original PONG was on a HUGE computer. The actual first game ever was not PONG. It was some space game that used Text to create the Ship and Enemies. It was on a Mainframe.

Anyway, There is no way I could tell you how much the console cost would be. Most of those where purchased by my parents and I don't know or remember how much it cost back then. Sorry.

Incredible Machine. Dude, I am a Mechanical Engineer. Of course I know this game. I have the new one. "The Return of the Incredible Machine and Contraptions".

You can get it from www.realonearcade.com

Here is the actual link.

The Return of the Incredible Machine and Contraptions (http://games.real.com/game.php?gameid=EBD47DCB-9CED-41A4-9558-E1949E2ED145&pageid=genre1-sort&src=rahome_andmore)

If you need full access to the game. Let me know. :D I am sure you can figure it out.

For those who don't understand what this game is. It's basically the invetions that Wild E. Coyotte would create to capture Road Runner, or the crazy one that Tom created to capture Jerry. Your given a task and must create a machine to accomplish the task. The game gives your stuff you can use to create your invention so it's different for everyone. It may be as simple as. Pop the balloon and your given 10 items to create a machine that will pop it. It's an Awesome game. It's a Puzzle game.

[SS]Dr.Who
12-19-2003, 12:00 PM
I am having problems gettin the page to open up. I tried to dwnload the whole player and page never opens....oh damn I really need some games for vacation....................................

Weeper
12-19-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by [SS]ProXimo
PONG, Pong came out for the ATARI 2600 as the first Video game on a console. The original PONG was on a HUGE computer. The actual first game ever was not PONG. It was some space game that used Text to create the Ship and Enemies. It was on a Mainframe.

Actually I had PONG on a game console of its own before the Atari ever existed.

I think but can't remember for sure if there was like two other games on it or two other versions on PONG.

Either way it was not on the Atari. It was a console of its own. And it was not a mainframe. I had it and a friend of mine had it in middle school.