PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV Freezing Issues

[SS]Shooter
04-30-2008, 12:20 PM
I've had my game totally freeze my XBOX about 5-6 times, sometimes in multiplayer and single player.

It just locks up. I cleared the cache and its still done it. I undertstand its an issue with the game.

Anyone else having similar issues?

[SSr]BenDover
04-30-2008, 12:42 PM
i know our ps3 guys cant even get it to play on their 60gbs.

[SS]Grifter
04-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Shooter;88622']I've had my game totally freeze my XBOX about 5-6 times, sometimes in multiplayer and single player.

It just locks up. I cleared the cache and its still done it. I undertstand its an issue with the game.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Truthfully - no. And I had mine on most of the day yesterday, even when I just left it on to switch between the Cubs game and the Penguins/Rangers game for a few hours.

I know you said that you've had issues with R6 also locking up - it might not be the game, but it might be the console. Maybe the DVD laser is effed.

DatGuy
04-30-2008, 01:20 PM
it locks up on certain console versions apparently...I played for hours last night without an issue.

how old is your 360 dude?

Chenzo
04-30-2008, 01:37 PM
I played for a good 3 to 4 hours... no issues.

(360)

ChrispyCritter
04-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah i had a couple of freezes on my 80gb PS3 one when quitting another on a mission. But for the most part it runs good. I think other GTA's froze sometimes so i think it's nothing new. I have seen a lot of posts about the freezing issue with both consoles and it seems 20/60gb PS3's are the ones with the most freezes on PS3 i don't know about 360 much but i bet it's early models. Hopefully they will patch out the issue though.

[SS]Shooter
04-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Grif, I've gotten a new 360 Elite and haven't had any issues in months with any games...

Seems like the GTA thing is happening to a number of people. It played OK for about an hour earlier today.

Bassani
04-30-2008, 02:55 PM
No issues w/ GTA4 here

Sabotage
04-30-2008, 02:56 PM
I played for a good 3 to 4 hours... no issues.

(360)Same, I think you just may have a dud copy bro.

[SS]Rator
04-30-2008, 03:11 PM
yea weird, i havent had any issues myself (knock on wood) let us know if you find a solid fix.

ChrispyCritter
04-30-2008, 05:16 PM
One suspicion i have is it's something in the coding. Another one is maybe this freezing has something to do with the online because i think it connects to the server when you load the game. I played for more than 5 hours without it freezing but it did freeze those 2x another time playing. Well the one when i was quitting my PS3 made 3 beeps and rebooted and i was logged off thats why i think it might have to do with online maybe. The same mission gave me no problem when i played it again.

Bassani
04-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Isnt the PS3 harder to make the codes for?

Drunk_Couzens
05-01-2008, 11:30 AM
My ps3 has been running fine so far on my 60 gb (knock on wood), however it was purchased only about 6 months ago. It may be the older 60gb that have troubles. Still cant get online yet though :sad-035: and im dieing too.

ChrispyCritter
05-01-2008, 11:36 AM
My ps3 has been running fine so far on my 60 gb (knock on wood), however it was purchased only about 6 months ago. It may be the older 60gb that have troubles. Still cant get online yet though :sad-035: and im dieing too.
I was online all night last night for the most part. If you can't get online make sure you not behind a firewall. I also haven't had another freeze and my PS3 was on GTA IV for over 8 hours last night even when i went and played Socom CA on my PS2 i left it paused lol.

Drunk_Couzens
05-01-2008, 01:10 PM
thanks, the last time i tried was at 6 pm yesterday. Ill try again tonight.

ChrispyCritter
05-01-2008, 02:48 PM
thanks, the last time i tried was at 6 pm yesterday. Ill try again tonight.
Yeah in the evening it gave me a problem for a bit but then it worked ok. My suggestion is try a few times if it doesn't work then do something else for a bit then try a few times again. I am sure they are working out the bugs in the server right now also. When you play online it works really good the mics are not that great but they work.

DatGuy
05-01-2008, 02:57 PM
the mics on the 360 work flawlessly...its such a satisfying online game...so addictive

ChrispyCritter
05-01-2008, 04:24 PM
DatGuy;88704']the mics on the 360 work flawlessly...its such a satisfying online game...so addictive
Oh they work ok but they just don't sound as good as Socom i think it's the crappy bluetooth mics out there mostly. They don't cut out at all but i notice some mic "skipping" a little but thats probably net lag.

[SS]Rator
05-01-2008, 04:28 PM
yea a bit less quality, but totally fine.

Bassani
05-01-2008, 07:06 PM
DatGuy;88704']the mics on the 360 work flawlessly...its such a satisfying online game...so addictive

I will dis agree with that one, only because you cant tell who the hell is talking unless you know them by voice...

Sabotage
05-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Bassani;88717']I will dis agree with that one, only because you cant tell who the hell is talking unless you know them by voice...yea that is true but everyone I've played with I recognize their voices.

[SS]Chief
05-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Strange they have the Hong Kong version here and you kung-fu everyone vice shooting. perhaps that has something to do with it? (okay not really....I just wanted to chime in on this).

[SS]Rator
05-01-2008, 11:35 PM
lmfao!

[SS]Shooter
05-02-2008, 01:03 AM
This POS!

I completed 'Crime and Punishment' then went on to the next Mikhail mission - where it froze.

BUT now everytime it autoloads 'Crime and Punishment' it freezes just after it says 'load successful'.

This is on a NEW elite, so I'm pretty sure there no hardware issues. Thing runs pretty cool, disc is warm, not hot. I clear the cache, changed it to 1080i from 720p, it still hangs up. The disc is from a Gamestop here in Illinois... Maybe there is a bad batch of discs.

I think I can manually delete that save.... I saw it in the memory section. Maybe then it will go back to the next-newest save.

Ideas? Chenzo, you usually can figure this kinda stuff out....Actually, I do have an idea... What is the status of everyone's rock band equipment? Is the Rock Band USB hub plugged into the Xbox (or no) when GTA IV is being played? Are the instruments plugged in? Someone said it could be looking at that port for something and locking up.

Chenzo
05-02-2008, 10:00 AM
I never have my RB instruments plugged in unless I'm playing RB. (And I only have the USB hub plugged in if I need to use more than 2 instruments.)

Bassani
05-02-2008, 12:40 PM
I never have my RB instruments plugged in unless I'm playing RB. (And I only have the USB hub plugged in if I need to use more than 2 instruments.)

Same here...

[SS]Rator
05-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Maybe take your HD off and pop it on at a friends house with a diff copy of gta? That would tell you if its your save file thats corrupt. Bring your disc and hd over and see if it does the same thing on another machine. Gotta try to weed out the problem. Your resolution settings probly dont matter.

Chenzo
05-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Dunno if this helps those of you that are fuxor'd:

Take-Two suggests PS3 GTAIV fix (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6190279.html) from GameStop. Seems fairly involved, but if yer shit won't work...

S10Draven
05-02-2008, 04:11 PM
go rent a copy and try that one. load the same save point and see what happens.

[SS]Rator
05-02-2008, 04:20 PM
yea you have to isolate the problem, disc, 360, hd. Has to be one of those 3.

ChrispyCritter
05-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Shooter;88734']This POS!

I completed 'Crime and Punishment' then went on to the next Mikhail mission - where it froze.

BUT now everytime it autoloads 'Crime and Punishment' it freezes just after it says 'load successful'.

This is on a NEW elite, so I'm pretty sure there no hardware issues. Thing runs pretty cool, disc is warm, not hot. I clear the cache, changed it to 1080i from 720p, it still hangs up. The disc is from a Gamestop here in Illinois... Maybe there is a bad batch of discs.

I think I can manually delete that save.... I saw it in the memory section. Maybe then it will go back to the next-newest save.

Ideas? Chenzo, you usually can figure this kinda stuff out....Actually, I do have an idea... What is the status of everyone's rock band equipment? Is the Rock Band USB hub plugged into the Xbox (or no) when GTA IV is being played? Are the instruments plugged in? Someone said it could be looking at that port for something and locking up.

Try loading GTA IV without being logged into your system and play offline. Mine was just freezing when it loaded but when i wasn't signed into my PSN it loaded fine. Once i was on it if i tried to start multi-player and log into my PSN it would freeze too. I think the issue is with there server being busy maybe. I tried it on another PSN and game save and same thing.

Sabotage
05-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Shooter tried playing with us last night and he couldn't stay in our room long enough for us to give him any suggestions.

[SS]Shooter
05-03-2008, 08:00 PM
It's killed my 360. I can't play it, or any game, now without the freezing issues.

I do blame GTA IV. The system is pretty new and worked fine prior to this game started the freezing BS.

I guess I better take it back to Best Buy.

Sabotage
05-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Shooter;88771']It's killed my 360. I can't play it, or any game, now without the freezing issues.

I do blame GTA IV. The system is pretty new and worked fine prior to this game started the freezing BS.

I guess I better take it back to Best Buy.And then make them fix your box.

[SS]Showstoper
05-03-2008, 11:46 PM
:lightsaber-battle:Shooter, get it fixed quick, so I can own you on MP on GTA IV everyman for themselves...

Deadshooter
05-04-2008, 03:21 AM
its the systems like the ps3 60 gb have a problem and also the first systems launched have a problem my 40gb is fine and i have played and finished the game in 32 hours no problems at all

Sabotage
05-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Looks like shooter had to trade in his Xbox but he was playing with us without any problems last night and he's all good now.

[SS]Shooter
05-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Yep, new Xbox fixed it...

[SS]Showstoper
05-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Thats how I do it, Shooter...If my shit breaks and out of warranty, I just get a new one...I have no patience for waiting for things to get fixed...If my Xbox broke down on me, I freak out....HAHAHA:DANCING-banana-032: