PDA

View Full Version : Connection

[SS]Showstoper
01-12-2008, 02:39 PM
DRINKCOFFE

Question...How do ya'll deal with connecting to someone that's in Canada? Everytime I try to connect to one of the ISSI that live in Canada it always says cannot connect to host or something about server is full...Help, please!!

bangsign

[SS]Midnight
01-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Well....those canuckleheads think they are too good to connect to Americans.....

Seriously though I can not think of any reason why you would not be able to connect to any of them. Maybe they are avoiding you. We have had issues with stalkers in the past...coughBassanicough... Really though I think you may just be experiencing the issues Live! has been having with overwhelming numbers of new users. There have been lots of reported issues with the online service since Christmas I think. Keep trying. You will get your chance to play with our clanmates from teh land of Canaydia. Eh?

[SS]Rator
01-12-2008, 06:01 PM
It could be live, but it could be your router+live+game=no play for you.

We'd need to know what game, what router, what connection and what exactly the message said.

Bassani
01-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Umm, I didn't stalk anyone. Anyway, if it was on CoD, it could be just the game, I get that once in a while too. If its RB6, you shouldn't have problems at all, if you have a problem, like Rator said we need to know what router you have and stuff.

[SS]Showstoper
01-12-2008, 09:50 PM
It'll say "CANNOT CONNECT TO HOST"

The router I use is Westell DSL Router from Verizon

I use a wired connection

I do have a network setup in the house, the network hub is by Microsoft

The game it boogeyed on was COD4, when I run a Xbox live connectivity test everything reads fine, so there you have it..One thing I will add that if I start up the party and the Canucks join me, normally there is no connection problem, but sometimes there is, but when I connect to them, no dice, never works.

headbangsm

[SS]Rator
01-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Wow, thats weird. How about places far from you like opposite coast players?

BTW, i'm moving this to the "Questions" forum lol...

Bassani
01-12-2008, 09:56 PM
If its a small little black one, model 6100, thats what I have, I dont have any problems when I bypass my router and go direct.

I think the problem lies in who ever the host is on CoD. I dont think that you would have a problem connecting to anyone of us though.

[SS]Showstoper
01-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
Wow, thats weird. How about places far from you like opposite coast players?

BTW, i'm moving this to the "Questions" forum lol...

Here alone in the states I mostly never have any connection problems, unless they're using dial-up...JK...I play with everyone just fine unless Xbox live is acting up, I get the same connection problems when I'm playing with folks in South America, maybe something that has to do with A,B, or G router? Hmmmmm....I think my router is B and G router only.
thumbsup

Bassani
01-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Oops, I mis read, I see that the router is Westell, My Modem is a Westell from Verizon. I have a router from Linksys. I think the problem just lies within the other user. Like I said, I think the problem lies within the host. I think that they may have issues with the setup that they have.

If you know how to access your router, you can try to open up ports 88 to 88 UDP, 3074 to 3074 UDP & 3074 to 3074 TCP. You may also want to disable the UpnP as well. If that does not work, go to your system blade on your dash get the IP that your router assigned your 360 under the system settings and enter that under your DMZ settings in your router and enable it for that IP address.

You should be fine then. Like I said though, my modem is a Westell 6100 from Verizon and my router is a Linksys. I usually do not have to many problems connecting to others, but once in a while I will on CoD only.

[SS]Showstoper
01-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Hi Bassani,
Thanks for the tip/advice, I'll check my settings and see if it works from there. If not, then, at least I've tried...NP on the spelling of names correction also, I always like to be formal until told otherwise, until later...whistler

Deadshooter
01-13-2008, 03:27 PM
yea when i played raibow six with some of you guys i couldnt connect unless i skipped my router and went straight from modem into xbox

[SS]SportoFu
01-13-2008, 11:03 PM
2 nights ago I didn't have a problem. Shooter had me in his party for a few rounds and had no trouble. Maybe it was just the LIVE or the CoD servers, IDK. Last week I even had trouble staying in a party with a buddy in my home town.
Hopefully things will be back to normal soon . . . .