PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Declines Comment on Motion Controller

[SS]Midnight
12-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Will Microsoft release a first-party motion controller for Xbox 360? The company isn't talking.

"Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation. And I have nothing further to share," a Microsoft official told Next-Gen on Friday, when asked if the company would be releasing a motion controller add-on.

Rumors of a 360 motion controller surfaced on Wednesday, after XboxFamily.com reported that Microsoft would release a Wii-like peripheral this fall with the help of Gyration, the same company that first worked on prototype designs of the Wii Remote for Nintendo.

Microsoft is currently the only console maker not supporting some form of motion controls.

In May of 2006, Microsoft founder Bill Gates told MTV News that motion controls are "not mainstream for most games," before adding, "there's a lot to be learned about these controllers."

For more computer gaming news, visit GamePro. Story copyright © 2007 IDG Entertainment. All rights reserved.
RUMORS!!!! toungey

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,140904-pg,1/article.html

DatGuy
12-29-2007, 08:43 PM
I say they suck...

well let me rephrase that...the six-axis sucks.

the Wii-mote does what it is meant to do and thats what it is designed to do.

The Sixaxis is stupid. There are things where you can accidentally activate a motion function in a game just because you are getting into it and not holding the controller straight...and In my experience with that controller...it blows.

So to sum up my point, I hope it stays just a rumor

Chenzo
12-31-2007, 10:42 AM
I'd rather they didn't add motion control to the xbox controller.

Sabotage
12-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by [SS]DatGuy
I say they suck...

well let me rephrase that...the six-axis sucks.

the Wii-mote does what it is meant to do and thats what it is designed to do.

The Sixaxis is stupid. There are things where you can accidentally activate a motion function in a game just because you are getting into it and not holding the controller straight...and In my experience with that controller...it blows.

So to sum up my point, I hope it stays just a rumor i can see the six-axis getting really annoying I really hope they don't add motion controllers.