PDA

View Full Version : Halo map pack un-original

DatGuy
12-11-2007, 02:42 PM
http://kotaku.com/gaming/dlc/new-halo-maps-are-live-332523.php

here is the list of the 3 new maps, now look at the second one...

Standoff's symmetrical valley, with its entrenched bases and fields of boulders is ideal for mid-sized objective and Slayer game types, while

Rat's Nest's vast, labyrinthine passages bring something new to the "Halo" multiplayer experience: an indoor vehicle paradise, strongly influenced by the Campaign mode, ideal for big team battles.

Finally, Foundry is the ultimate Forge map - players can edit every single object in this voluminous industrial warehouse, place stairways, walls, bridges and tunnels to create an entirely new play space and build almost any kind of map they can think of.

RATS NEST!?!?! are you serious?

[SS]Midnight
12-11-2007, 04:44 PM
2 games I don't care about anymore. I did care about SOCOM, but I regret buying Halo 3. My son does not even like it. He did like SOCOM though (such a good boy).

[SS]TuefelHunden
12-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Hey that's a cool avatar Dat. Isn't that Slant Six's logo and aren't they making the new SOCOM? Just curious...

DatGuy
12-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by [SS]TuefelHunden
Hey that's a cool avatar Dat. Isn't that Slant Six's logo and aren't they making the new SOCOM? Just curious...

lol, as a matter of fact YES Mr. Tuefel

Sabotage
12-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by [SS]DatGuy
http://kotaku.com/gaming/dlc/new-halo-maps-are-live-332523.php

here is the list of the 3 new maps, now look at the second one...

Standoff's symmetrical valley, with its entrenched bases and fields of boulders is ideal for mid-sized objective and Slayer game types, while

Rat's Nest's vast, labyrinthine passages bring something new to the "Halo" multiplayer experience: an indoor vehicle paradise, strongly influenced by the Campaign mode, ideal for big team battles.

Finally, Foundry is the ultimate Forge map - players can edit every single object in this voluminous industrial warehouse, place stairways, walls, bridges and tunnels to create an entirely new play space and build almost any kind of map they can think of.

RATS NEST!?!?! are you serious? lol yea I laughed when I first saw the title of that map also. From what I've hear it's nothing like the socom map though.

DatGuy
12-12-2007, 01:54 AM
Well I actually played Halo 3 for the first time today...what a load of crap...I got it off a guy at work so thank god I didnt pay for it...

utterly terrible

Chenzo
12-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Well I actually played Halo 3 for the first time today...what a load of crap...I got it off a guy at work so thank god I didnt pay for it...

utterly terrible

I agree... worst. shooter. evar.

and here's the Red vs. Blue guys talking about the new maps... (Rat's Nest is only similar in name.):

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/10/red-vs-blue-vs-halo-3-heroic-map-pack/

DatGuy
12-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Chenzo
I agree... worst. shooter. evar.

and here's the Red vs. Blue guys talking about the new maps... (Rat's Nest is only similar in name.):

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/10/red-vs-blue-vs-halo-3-heroic-map-pack/
Im gonna have to go ahead and say that Red vs Blue is the only good thing to ever come out of Halo...I own every season...priceless

[SS]Snakebite
12-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Dang, I was gonna go play those new maps when I seen this post today BUT I'm not going to pay for them, that's lame!

They sold over a million copies of the game @ $60 each, my math is a little slow but isn't that over $60 million???

I think I could make a few new maps and give them for free to my loyal gamers.

Sabotage
12-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Snakebite
Dang, I was gonna go play those new maps when I seen this post today BUT I'm not going to pay for them, that's lame!

They sold over a million copies of the game @ $60 each, my math is a little slow but isn't that over $60 million???

I think I could make a few new maps and give them for free to my loyal gamers. Please do!

I only have two games sadly (I'm a broke teen) RB6 and Halo 3. I liked it a lot at first mainly because it's fun messing around with your friends, but it got really repetitive and now I just can't wait till christmas.

Bassani
12-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Sabotage
I just can't wait till christmas.

Make sure you put Rock Band and CoD4 on your list.

Deadshooter
12-12-2007, 09:22 PM
if i were you i would bring back halo and get call of duty 4 but thats just me

Sabotage
12-13-2007, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Bassani
Make sure you put Rock Band and CoD4 on your list. Oh there at the top of the list 1 and 2 trust me.

Sabotage
12-13-2007, 02:04 AM
I thought this was funny:
<embed src="http://update.videoegg.com/flash/proxy.swf?jsver=1.4" FlashVars="gc=c2hvd0FkPXRydWUmYWRWYXJzPWFyZWE9Z2FtZXMmc2l0ZT1 lc2NhcGlzdG1hZ2F6aW5lJmZpbGU9aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnNlb GZzZXJ2ZTMwMCUyRWRvd25sb2FkJTJFdmlkZW9lZ2clMkVjb20 lMkZnaWQzODklMkZjaWQxMzg5JTJGSTUlMkZHUSUyRjExOTEyN zM3MTFuSEk4SEZNSWlmM3ZxV1R3YWtMSyZzd2ZwYXRoPWh0dHA lM0ElMkYlMkZ1cGRhdGUlMkV2aWRlb2VnZyUyRWNvbSUyRmZsY XNoJTJGcHJveHklMkVzd2YlM0Zqc3ZlciUzRDElMkU0JmF1dG9 QbGF5PWZhbHNlJnNob3dBZFByaW1hcnk9dHJ1ZSZ3bW9kZT13a W5kb3cmYWxsb3dGbGFzaDlGdWxsc2NyZWVuPXRydWU=" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" scale="noscale" wmode="window" width="400" height="332" name="VE_Player" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

Edit: doesn't look like the embed works on these forums so go here:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2304-Zero-Punctuation-Halo-3

Deadshooter
12-13-2007, 02:44 AM
yea they shouldnt make you have to pay for the maps

[SS]Midnight
12-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Sabotage that was a good link. That review was "spot on" I thought.

The game is average. It is built on 100% hype. Halo 1 and 2 may have been really good in their time but Halo 3 is just....bla.

I would very much like to see the numbers for this game. How many playing it at start...how many now....

[SS]Rator
12-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Its a flavor. If you like the taste of Halo, then play Halo. No ones forcing anyone to eat Halo...

DatGuy
12-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Midnight

The game is average. It is built on 100% hype. Halo 1 and 2 may have been really good in their time but Halo 3 is just....bla.

I would very much like to see the numbers for this game. How many playing it at start...how many now....

I jumped on last night and there were over 11,000 playing just one of the game modes...

Sabotage
12-14-2007, 03:12 AM

I would very much like to see the numbers for this game. How many playing it at start...how many now.... I actually went on and checked last night: At start the total amount of people playing at around 10:00 Eastern on a Wednesday was I think around 100,000 maybe more. Now its at about 35,000 total.

Those numbers are probably not right but the percentage of 100k to 35k is.

[SS]Midnight
12-14-2007, 04:00 AM
I actually went on and checked last night: At start the total amount of people playing at around 10:00 Eastern on a Wednesday was I think around 100,000 maybe more. Now its at about 35,000 total.

Those numbers are probably not right but the percentage of 100k to 35k is. Thanks bud. That is almost exactly what I thought it would be. Where did you get that info? Can yo site your source?

DatGuy
12-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks bud. That is almost exactly what I thought it would be. Where did you get that info? Can yo site your source?

it shows you in game when you are in the matchmaking menu

Sabotage
12-14-2007, 07:46 PM
it shows you in game when you are in the matchmaking menu Yea I guess you can say the source is me, it tells you how many and where the people playing are located around the world, sadly about the coolest thing in the game.

DatGuy
12-15-2007, 07:17 PM
wow this after noon the were 394000+ online on this game...insane

Bassani
12-15-2007, 07:21 PM
wow this after noon the were 394000+ online on this game...insane

How many of those are adults though? I bet the bulk is kids and teenagers.

Sabotage
12-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Bassani
How many of those are adults though? I bet the bulk is kids and teenagers. The bulk of em are kids younger than me I can tell you that because they all have those annoying high pitched voices.

[SS]Midnight
12-15-2007, 07:49 PM
The bulk of em are kids younger than me I can tell you that because they all have those annoying high pitched voices. That is why I call them "Smurphs".

Wow DatGuy. I may have to log on to check for curiosity sake. All in all though, I am sick of talking about Halo 3. thumbsdown.

Sabotage
12-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Yea DatGuy's right that is the average number of people on a night. That means that when it came out there were about 900000 people on.

[SS]Snakebite
12-18-2007, 06:01 PM
I play Halo 3, its ok. Like Rator said just a flavor. My favorite part is dual weilding (spelling) weapons in each hand and using both triggers. Its a fast pace game with lots of quick hand eye coordination. Not really any tactics to it at all.

Sabotage
12-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Snakebite Not really any tactics to it at all. [/B] Yes that's why I think it is a fun party game to play when you have friends over or if you are just messing around with friends online.

Deadshooter
12-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Yea DatGuy's right that is the average number of people on a night. That means that when it came out there were about 900000 people on.

actually i started playing it when it first came out and there were a good 1.1 million people on nightly but that was only for the first week

Sabotage
12-19-2007, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Deadshooter
actually i started playing it when it first came out and there were a good 1.1 million people on nightly but that was only for the first week Oh well I didn't have it until about 4 weeks after it came out.