PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect

[SS]Midnight
12-02-2007, 03:20 PM
I have seen commercials for this. I think it's an MMO? Anyone have some info on this title? I have seen a few of you guys playing this...

Sabotage
12-02-2007, 04:06 PM
I haven't played it yet but from what I've heard it's both a FPS and an RPG. I've also heard that it has great graphics but it's sorta hard to understand how to play. Again I've just heard these things but look kinda forward to playing it soond.

Deadshooter
12-02-2007, 05:32 PM
its not an mmo or a fps. its a third person shooter and rpg. the graphics are great its easy to play the harder the difficulty the harder the gameplay. alot of missions. to do all the achievements you have to play throught the game more than once so its a replay.

i give it a 9 out of 10

[SS]Grifter
12-02-2007, 06:24 PM
I think I saw Chenz playing it - I'd like to hear his take on it...I nearly picked that one up as well.

Chenzo
12-03-2007, 10:39 AM
I rented it.

It IS a tps and rpg. It's running on an engine that's just like the Knights of the Old Republic one.

Story's good, missions are entertaining, I dig the ship, the voice acting...

the problem is the difficulty curve. I'll have 10 easy fights in a row, and then one nearly IMPOSSIBLE battle. in fact I'm sorta kinda stuck.

I like to think I'm not a newb, and while I know I don't have killer TPS shooter skills on the controller, it just seems like it's fucked up.

I'm at the point where I wonder if I should restart the game... perhaps I picked the wrong kind of class... perhaps I should dumb down the difficulty...

I dunno.

hasha
12-25-2007, 03:27 PM
do you level in the game? if so is there places where you can go back and do battles to level? if so that is probably what you need to do. if it is one of the (build your character from the ground up) you may have picked wrong skills

Deadshooter
12-25-2007, 06:13 PM
no you level up by doing missions. and you get some level up from killing people. but there isnt anywhere you can go to kill thousands of enemies to become a higher level like you can do in world of warcraft

[SS]Showstoper
01-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Chenzo
I rented it.

It IS a tps and rpg. It's running on an engine that's just like the Knights of the Old Republic one.

Story's good, missions are entertaining, I dig the ship, the voice acting...

the problem is the difficulty curve. I'll have 10 easy fights in a row, and then one nearly IMPOSSIBLE battle. in fact I'm sorta kinda stuck.

I like to think I'm not a newb, and while I know I don't have killer TPS shooter skills on the controller, it just seems like it's fucked up.

I'm at the point where I wonder if I should restart the game... perhaps I picked the wrong kind of class... perhaps I should dumb down the difficulty...

I dunno.

I've been thinking about getting this one, it looks and sounds interesting, but I'm not one for RPG...Does it revolve around this concept? Thanks.spinningde

Chenzo
01-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Awesome:

http://kotaku.com/348355/quack-gets-amazon-book-rating-spammed

On a Fox News clip, self-proclaimed psychologist Cooper Lawrence shot her mouth off on a game she'd never played. (And most likely a game she'd never even heard of before she got on air.) Doing so, she not only exposed her own ignorance and prejudices, but also angered publisher Electronic Arts and the gaming community. As a sort of internet vigilante justice, the Amazon page for her new book The Cult of Perfection (the irony) is getting the crap spammed out of it. As of posting there are 330 reviews. 279 of those reviews are one star reviews. Reviews include lines like:

• "I never read the book, don't know who she is, and don't really care what she's writing about."
• "If she does have as much "research" as she does for her tv spots you can expect a book full of complete lies at best. Take everything she writes with a huge grain of salt or better yet save your money."
• "Trying to encourage sexual acts in a book made available to young children is unacceptable."

What's more, her other books (Been There, Done That, Kept the Jewelry and The Fixer-upper Man) are getting spammed as well. Immature and petty, sure, but at least it's not as stupid as attacking something you know fuck all about.
Book Trashed [Aeropause via Gay Gamer]

Hahhahaahhahahahaha...

[SS]Midnight
04-09-2008, 01:18 AM
I got this game yesterday. After playing it all day today I wish I had got it sooner. This game is very fun. It is a RPG mixed with a Choose Your Own Adventure. I like it a lot.

For those who have it I found this lil' gem:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Wiki

I discovered that when I was sick of going to merchants and not have any money. I found the "Rich Achievment" guide. How to get 1 million credits in about 45 minutes... sounds good to me...

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Rich_Achievement_Guide