PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 4?

ShadowSaboteur
11-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Has any of the snipers played this game? If so, what do you think of it? Give us a review.

[SS]Shooter
11-08-2007, 12:30 PM
We is familiar with it.

http://seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8957

It's a great game.

[SS]Rator
11-08-2007, 02:06 PM
lol ya, we wrote the guide and i illustrated all the maps.

MarauderHD
11-08-2007, 03:39 PM
What is your take on the Clan Support?

We are having issues with it so far. Can you all please shed some light on this please?

WEEZER
11-10-2007, 04:32 PM
fun game.

[SS]Rator
11-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by MarauderHD
What is your take on the Clan Support?

We are having issues with it so far. Can you all please shed some light on this please?

What specifically are you talking about?

WEEZER
11-10-2007, 08:10 PM
There is no clan system like socom, once you get to level 12 you can add your own tags like in RB6.

[SS]Deadeye-R
05-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but i find the multiplayer for this game is hyped way too much.

98% of the time you will have no idea how you died, which makes it tough to improve your gameplay. Grenades are ridiculous - hard to see coming, and the throw-back command might as well be taken out for how often it actually works.

Sniping is . . . ok. The "steady" command is annoying as heck.

I'm actually quite sorry I spent my 50 bucks on this game. It goes to show you can never fully trust reviews.

Some of the maps are . . . .well, that crate map is just a waste of time. There's no tactics involved besides trying to figure out where the spawn points are and shoot your gun there until you kill someone.

The only plus to this game in my opinion is the "levelling" up system.

7/10 for me - graphics nice, gameplay is substandard IMO.

I would rather play TF2.

[SS]Rator
05-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I disagree, i think the game is fantastic to almost every detail. Maps are good (Shipment was included as a FUN map) but its a different PACE shooter. Not like a socom or vegas. More like an unreal tournament or halo etc., Sup D!

[SS]Deadeye-R
05-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Yea, i see the pace thing. It's fast, furious etc.

I just don't like the mix of realism with the run, shoot, die, respawn thing.

Take TF2 for example. It has a good mix of run/gun, snipe, spy etc.

For a sniper that UAV stuff is murder. I can't stay alive for more than a minute at a time. The environment is so busy, its hard to know where to shoot. There's too much smoke . . .I could go on.

Not my cup of tea that's for sure.

[SS]Rator
05-04-2008, 08:32 PM
lol sounds to me like you need to play some more is all. I'd give it a chance. Try playing some sabotage and search and destroy etc, hardcore modes. Once you learn the maps too, its much less "busy". The maps are in the guide lol...

[SS]SportoFu
05-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Yes, you need to play it a lot before you get a good hold on it.
Perks for example . . . . IMO totally depend on the map, mode, and what style you play on that map, but essential.
I can still snipe pretty well on CoD4 but not on every map.
And play Hardcore, that eliminates the f**king Juggernaut perk.

I really like the fast paced gameplay, and you know the frags are coming and usually to the same spot, again, depending on the map. The MGL's piss me off a bit but you can work around it. All in all, GREAT GAME!

What are you playing it on, PC?
And WTF mate? You don't leave your freaking house or what?

BEERS?!? :drinking-42:

[SS]Snakebite
05-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I'd have to say COD4 is by far my favorite game out to date. Yes, its very fast paced but the fun factor is definitely there, for me anyway.

Clan support, not so much, you basically just use the XBOX Live system. Get your rank up and add tags as mentioned above.

Now if I can just get my XBOX "console" to work and stop the red rings and the freezing up.... I'd be happy to just play pac-man on it. :(

Sabotage
05-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Yea it's a very fun game but there is no teamwork needed so it kinda gets old.

[SS]Wally
05-05-2008, 12:32 PM
There are things I love about it - which comes down to basically the graphics. Yes it looks amazing.

For me personally it just feels like a run and gun and the pace is so fast it doesn't seem tactical even though it could be played that way. I will buy the new maps because I heard they look great and I am sure they do, but I will probably buy them just to run around in and look.

Chenzo
05-05-2008, 01:10 PM
For those of you saying it's not tactical, you're playing in the wrong mode.

Shit, <1>'s warring in it now. Search and Destroy, Hardcore, One Life to Live, with the PAM4 TWL mod running (which removes some pussy perks.)

It's as facking close to Raven Shield as I can remember.

The maps are FUCKING BRILLIANT with one or two exceptions.

I dunno if it plays differently on the 360 (which I doubt outside of the controller vs. MK...) but the game's quite the awesome.

[SS]Shooter
05-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Search and Destroy plays a lot like Socom. With hardcore on, its basically one shot kills, so that can get frustrating.

I think teamwork is important, even for control and some of the other respawn maps.

Team Deathmatch and headquarters are not teamwork oriented, but they can still be fun. Lots of action.

Chenzo
05-05-2008, 03:17 PM
one shot kills are way better than tagging someone 6 times only to have them hide and HEAL...

I hate that shit.

[SS]Deadeye-R
05-09-2008, 10:33 AM
I played a few games of Search and Destroy last night. On some rounds you got only 2 lives. Others you could spawn a number of times.

The gameplay was 100% better than the other game modes. People actually trying to use strategy and positioning to their advantage - like a shooter should. No more grenade fest. It changes my opinion on the game - so long as I can play all the time in that mode.

Chenzo
05-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Heh... play on the PC and the PAM mod...

They removed the triple nade perk. It stops the spamming for the most part. I hated that shit.

[SS]Wally
05-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Dead eye, your sig is messed up and your inbox is full bud.

[SS]Shooter
05-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Most S&D matches have no respawns.

Chenzo, I'm with ya, but with the one shot kills on hardcore, it basically boils down to everyone using a G3, and all the other full autos get no play.

Chenzo
05-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Shooter;88970']Most S&D matches have no respawns.

Chenzo, I'm with ya, but with the one shot kills on hardcore, it basically boils down to everyone using a G3, and all the other full autos get no play.

only if you suck with them. And again, we play the PAM mod which changes some of the guns statistics. Infact, I think the G3 is removed, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm a red-dot AK fan myself.

[SS]Deadeye-R
05-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Wally;88968']Dead eye, your sig is messed up and your inbox is full bud.

Fixed the inbox. The sig has been broken for a while. I would have to get Rator to figure that one out for me because the image I linked was from a forum attachment (I know that was silly). Rator, if you get time, can you fish around for my sig somewhere?

[SS]Rator
05-09-2008, 04:51 PM
You had it as an attachment. You need the new stuff anyway. I dont think you have private access. I dont think you signed the last NDA. You can email me.

[SS]SportoFu
05-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Here D.

Bassani
05-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Here is the -R tab too DE. Good to see you around http://seasnipers.net/07_sig_parts/07_retired_rank.jpg

[SS]Showstoper
05-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Hello Deadeye, I know that you don't know me, but we're Sea Snipers and now you know me...How are you doing today? I'm Showstoper, the guy with the funny accent if you ever hear me, you'll know why...Take care and Lead from the Front....:music-081:

[SS]Deadeye-R
05-11-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm trying to fix the sig, but I'm getting the 1000+ characters error =(

KAIZER SOSA
02-04-2009, 04:29 PM
So how many of you completed Mile High Club on Veteran? Yeah I know I'm kind of late lol I just brought the game two days ago and finish it with every achievement as if it was nothing, too easy in my opinion except for Mile High Club on Vet, which was designed by the devil himself... but I did it twice, once for achievement, and another for friends...

World at War is WAY better online, better maps, Hardcore S&D is the best game mode in human history!

DatGuy
02-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I never bothered to beat it on veteran.

Cod 4 is too damn addicting online, I still play it for my shooter fix and play WaW for our practices and matches.

I find WaW is way too glitchy online and not as smooth

KAIZER SOSA
02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
DatGuy;102837']I never bothered to beat it on veteran.

Cod 4 is too damn addicting online, I still play it for my shooter fix and play WaW for our practices and matches.

I find WaW is way too glitchy online and not as smooth

Well in all fairness, World at War is only 3 months old and still needs patches as to CoD 4 is an older game and has been patched up pretty much, yet still has it's fair share of glitches also, give World at War some time, by the time new maps release and patches are in, this game will be a better experience for those who are not happy with it, I personally think it's fine and enjoy playing it as much as I possibly can.

[SS]Rator
02-04-2009, 05:28 PM
W@W is honestly no different, sans the skins and weapons. The game plays just as good as 4 imo, its a flavor of the same food.

KAIZER SOSA
02-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Rator;102840']W@W is honestly no different, sans the skins and weapons. The game plays just as good as 4 imo, its a flavor of the same food.

Or you can look at it that way, both are GREAT games, I personally edge more towards WaW but only because of my long love of the study, research, info, history, and game play simulation of World War 2.... uh, and the maps in WaW are better designed, more "real" then symmetrical.

[SS]Rator
02-04-2009, 05:50 PM
I think both sets of maps are great actually, and wish we could play w@w maps on 4 and 4 maps on w@w.

Chenzo
02-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Rator;102842']I think both sets of maps are great actually, and wish we could play w@w maps on 4 and 4 maps on w@w.

I hear that...

I wouldn't mind another 12 new maps for COD4...

fucking mp_bloc can kiss my ass.

Bassani
02-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Cuervo got me in the Mile High Club, lol

DatGuy
02-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Bassani;102844']Cuervo got me in the Mile High Club, lol

how did both of you fit in that little washroom on the plane? must have been uncomfortable

Bassani
02-04-2009, 06:47 PM
He did it at SC...

[SS]Rator
02-04-2009, 06:54 PM
lmao

Sabotage
02-05-2009, 02:20 AM
I hear that...

I wouldn't mind another 12 new maps for COD4...

fucking mp_bloc can kiss my ass.Truth