PDA

View Full Version : GH3 for 360 " Retail Version "

Bassani
10-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Cool game. Some cool modes like Battle. They leave some songs out that you can not play in co-op though which is kinda lame. I'd like to play Paint it Black online. Wish the mic worked with the new wireless controller though. Don't know if it is the the new controller design or just a bad controller. I know its not the mic because it works with the standard controller no prob.

Anyway, I think its pretty cool overall. Can't wait to get wrecked by most of yall online.

Chenzo
10-30-2007, 11:35 AM
My headset works with the guitar. I find tho that if you have the head set on yer controller - which is on - then play GH - and make the guitar the 2nd controller - the mic doesn't work.

Bassani
10-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Nah, I have the headset on the guitar as controller 1 with no other controllers on.

Must be a bum guitar, I have a hard time hitting some notes that I should be hitting as well. I just think it may be a poor design in the guitar. I had probs with the GH2 guitar on the 360 too activating atar power. Ask Rator about the shovel move, lol.

I like the wireless and the removable face plate too. There was a thread somewhere about custom skins for the 360, might be in the private section somewhere, but it would be cool to design you own faceplate. Ill do some looking to see if anyone will make the decal if you submit a design.

[SS]Rator
10-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Yea Chenzo and i played a bit online yesterday and our mics worked fine with the new wireless guitars, we were laughing, like "DO IT" or "BULLSHIT".

Cant do co-op in ranked matches tho.

Bassani
10-30-2007, 12:49 PM
gay, I guess I have a bad guitar then. you tell him about the shovel move yet?

[SS]Rator
10-30-2007, 01:18 PM
When Bassani does start power its like he's got a shovel full of dirt and he's throwing it over his shoulder...

http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/cic_text/family/spirit/dig.gif

Bassani
10-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Ah hahaha. That cuz on the GH2 360 controller, thats what I had to do to get it to work, it wouldnt go like the original one did with just a little shake of the neck.

Thats another cool thing on 3, you can get your palm to hit the back button, or select, w/e you want to call it and that will activate star power too.

[SS]Rator
10-30-2007, 01:47 PM
I use telekenesis to activate star power...

Chenzo
10-30-2007, 02:22 PM
I've got star power in my pants.

Bassani
10-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Hmm, ya sure, lol. I wanna play Reptilia damnit. And TTFAF ( Through the Fire and Flames ) too, but everyone I end up playing with plays it on Hard or Expert and we end up failing. Good song but hard as hell. Im dubbing it the Jordan of GH3 although its a different type of song.

Chenzo
10-30-2007, 03:27 PM
So wait...

play the game, get to reptillia - it's only like the 4th set or so, and then just win $900 and BUY the fire and the flames song...

I already own all the bonus songs... as soon as I had the money, I got them all.

[SS]Midnight
10-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Chenzo
I've got star power in my pants. Vapid gets star power with no pants.

Bassani
10-30-2007, 03:50 PM
So wait...

play the game, get to reptillia - it's only like the 4th set or so, and then just win $900 and BUY the fire and the flames song...

I already own all the bonus songs... as soon as I had the money, I got them all.

No, no, I meant on co-op I want to play them.

Chenzo
10-30-2007, 04:00 PM
ah...

well, you can pick easy or whatever...

I'm curious... is it rhythm guitar or bass guitar for the secondary spot for thru the flames?

I can't wait till Friday when Rator comes over and we can start a Co-Op Career... that should prove interesting.

It's a shame that the online co-op is so limited.

I hope the Career part doesn't force someone to ALWAYS be one part or the other.

Bassani
10-30-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm curious... is it rhythm guitar or bass guitar for the secondary spot for thru the flames?

Ya know, IDK. Its wierd, I see some songs as Bass and some as Rythem. IDK what the deal is with that and you pick what you are going to pick before you even select your song(s). You can play from 1, 3, 5 or 7 songs in 1 sitting with the same person.

I hope the Career part doesn't force someone to ALWAYS be one part or the other.

I guess it depends on how many you do together. If you want the achievements, you have to go through both anyway.

It's a shame that the online co-op is so limited.

Ya, I really want to play ": Paint it Black " in online co-op. Its one of my favorite songs of all time.

Chenzo
10-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Yeah, but in the other GH games, when you played co-op, the steps were:

pick song.

pick guitar or bass

pick difficulty

pick character

pick guitar

worked fine.

IMO, Neversoft fucked with way too many things in an effort to improve them, only to cock them all up.

Boss battles in the middle of my career? WEAKSAUCE.

Bassani
10-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Ya, its set up different now. Pick Charachter, clothing, guitar, then your play style, then difficulty, then your songs.

I think, lol

Bassani
10-31-2007, 04:47 PM
BTW, play on easy? I only played on Easy to go for the achievements that you need to do on easy. Talk to me when you whammy all the held notes on # of the beast, lol.

Bassani
11-02-2007, 12:40 PM
OMG, I ( me, Bassani ) of all people just beat a Dev in a face off, OMG. Totally never thought there was a way in hell Id get the " Meet your Maker " achievement.

[SS]Rator
11-02-2007, 01:28 PM
on medium...

HAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahaaa...

I beat ONE on expert last nite first time thru...

noob.

Bassani
11-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Soooo, lol.

DatGuy
11-08-2007, 02:44 PM
DLC came out today for GH3, who is getting any of it? I will be getting the Foo Fighters pack.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/downloadable-content/two-guitar-hero-iii-packs-go-live-320400.php

Chenzo
11-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Heh, yeah, I just came here to post that:

Content: Velvet Revolver Pack
Price: 500 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] "She Builds Quick Machines" Off of the "Libertad Allbum", "Slither" Off of the "Contraband Allbum", & "Messages" Off of the "Libertad (deluxe version)". As performed by Velvet Revolver. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Foo Fighters Pack
Price: 500 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] "The Pretender" Off of the "Echoes Silence Patience & Grace", "All My life" Off of the "One by One", & "This Is A Call" Off of the "Foo Fighters (self titled)" as performed by Foo Fighters. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2007/11/08/in-game-content-Guitar-Hero-III.aspx

500 GPs... how much money is that?

[SS]Rator
11-08-2007, 03:24 PM
$6 i think? Something like that?

I dont care, im going to DL the FF pack right now! OMFG!

Chenzo
11-08-2007, 03:27 PM
nm... about $6.25

sigh...

$2 a song? Well... I dunno

[SS]Rator
11-08-2007, 03:35 PM
for me, totaly worth it. I will play those songs so many times that i know i will get my $2 worth, probly every time i play them.

Chenzo
11-08-2007, 03:45 PM
I know the Pretender and All of My Life...

don't know the other one.

I think I might need the Foo

Chenzo
11-08-2007, 04:37 PM
ok. Now that I've listened to The Pretender about 6 or 7 times I REQUIRE THE SONG.

NOW.

ME DOWNLOAD NOW.

(How the fuck do I get MS points?)

[SS]Rator
11-08-2007, 04:50 PM
you just add them with your CC. It should give you the option when you go to DL the song pack. And i just played the 3 FF songs, awesome, but hard. Chords Chenz, all 3 note chords, mite want to wait till you see them over here tomm...lol

AND I CANT BEAT RAINING BLOOD! WTF?! THE MOSH PART IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! Going to hook up an egg beater and just run my finger up and down the buttons. I will not be able to beat that part of the song. I can beat EVERY OTHER PART but not that mosh part, the one that goes like...

o
o
o
o
o o
o
o
o
o

for a LONG time. Long enough for me to fail it even WITH star power.

I beat EVERY OTHER SONG first time through. WTF?

[SS]Rator
11-08-2007, 04:50 PM
you just add them with your CC. It should give you the option when you go to DL the song pack. And i just played the 3 FF songs, awesome, but hard. Chords Chenz, all 3 note chords, mite want to wait till you see them over here tomm...lol

AND I CANT BEAT RAINING BLOOD! WTF?! THE MOSH PART IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! Going to hook up an egg beater and just run my finger up and down the buttons. I will not be able to beat that part of the song. I can beat EVERY OTHER PART but not that mosh part, the one that goes like...

o
o
o
o
o o
o
o
o
o

for a LONG time. Long enough for me to fail it even WITH star power.

I beat EVERY OTHER SONG first time through. WTF?

[SS]Rator
11-08-2007, 04:52 PM
oh nice, glad it saw all the spaces i took the time to put in there lol.

anywho, you know the ones that start with orange and end with green. ya, those i cant do.

Chenzo
11-08-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm gonna need the foo songs for Friday anyway...

we'd just end up downloading them and I'd rather not be drunk while entering credit cards and whatnot... heh

Bassani
11-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Besides those 2 new packs, the Foo and the other one, there are 2 free ones now, its a Boss Battle pack ( The songs you play the Bosses on ) but no Boss to play against. Also there is a Halo Theme song, that damn thing has some pretty hard spots in it even at the Medium level.

Sabotage
11-27-2007, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Bassani
Besides those 2 new packs, the Foo and the other one, there are 2 free ones now, its a Boss Battle pack ( The songs you play the Bosses on ) but no Boss to play against. Also there is a Halo Theme song, that damn thing has some pretty hard spots in it even at the Medium level. Wow the halo theme song, that's kinda odd I would have never seen that be a song on guitar hero.

Bassani
11-27-2007, 07:38 AM
Me either, didnt even know about it til Hasha'a son told me.

DatGuy
12-04-2007, 05:13 PM
So all I have left on expert is Raining Blood, MOSH 1 IS KILLING ME

Sabotage
12-05-2007, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Sabotage
Wow the halo theme song, that's kinda odd I would have never seen that be a song on guitar hero. It's actually impressive, they make it sound like a guitar not really like what they use in the game.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HVGQIkYN2uI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HVGQIkYN2uI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Chenzo
12-12-2007, 01:36 PM
<embed src="http://update.videoegg.com/flash/proxy.swf?jsver=1.4" FlashVars="gc=c2hvd0FkPXRydWUmYWRWYXJzPWFyZWE9Z2FtZXMmc2l0ZT1 lc2NhcGlzdG1hZ2F6aW5lJmZpbGU9aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnNlb GZzZXJ2ZTMwMCUyRWRvd25sb2FkJTJFdmlkZW9lZ2clMkVjb20 lMkZnaWQzODklMkZjaWQxMzg5JTJGNkIlMkZKMiUyRjExOTcyO DQ3NDdLNkh0TXR1ODJiR0R6dzNENmE1YiZzd2ZwYXRoPWh0dHA lM0ElMkYlMkZ1cGRhdGUlMkV2aWRlb2VnZyUyRWNvbSUyRmZsY XNoJTJGcHJveHklMkVzd2YlM0Zqc3ZlciUzRDElMkU0JmF1dG9 QbGF5PWZhbHNlJnNob3dBZFByaW1hcnk9dHJ1ZSZ3bW9kZT13a W5kb3cmYWxsb3dGbGFzaDlGdWxsc2NyZWVuPXRydWU=" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" scale="noscale" wmode="window" width="400" height="332" name="VE_Player" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

spot on.

Sabotage
12-13-2007, 01:49 AM
Hey Chenz that vid wasn't working for me so I went to the excapist website and watched it, and damn I still love that guy.

I like how he keeps having to explain that he's not gay.

Bassani
12-13-2007, 01:55 AM
neither one load for me.

Sabotage
12-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Go here Bassani:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2716-Zero-Punctuation-Guitar-Hero-III

Bassani
12-22-2007, 09:48 AM
lol. They have some more free DLC for it our right now

Sabotage
12-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Bassani
lol. They have some more free DLC for it our right now Like what?

DatGuy
12-22-2007, 06:24 PM
we three kings is the song

Bassani
12-22-2007, 08:28 PM
ya, what That Guy said

DatGuy
12-29-2007, 07:57 PM
just incase anyone is curious...

here is my expert sheet for scores at scorehero

http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=6330&group=4&game=6&diff=4

DatGuy
01-02-2008, 05:01 PM
the video is of crap quality but here ya go

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v231/luffmana/?action=view&current=laydown.flv

Chenzo
01-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by [SS]DatGuy
the video is of crap quality but here ya go

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v231/luffmana/?action=view&current=laydown.flv

I assume that's you

fucking sweet.

DatGuy
01-02-2008, 05:22 PM
yeah thats me, it was a crappy run, I missed 2 notes, but whatever!...lol

DatGuy
01-02-2008, 06:35 PM
ok here is the next one...

Cult of Personality expert 5 star

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v231/luffmana/?action=view&current=Cult.flv

Bassani
01-02-2008, 08:17 PM
cheater

Chenzo
01-08-2008, 02:44 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oo9XULxdiUQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oo9XULxdiUQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

heh... interesting, if a bit useless.

Bassani
01-08-2008, 02:56 PM
lol, you would think that the setup he has there that he would be able to play on Exp w/o much of a problem, his thumb is in a perfect spot for the orange button.