PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock for 360

[SS]Rator
08-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Ok, i picked this up yesterday and i have to say it friggin beautiful. The controls are great, the graphics are awesome, the design of the levels are kickass, weapons are sweet, and i've just started the 2nd level of it. I havent gotten to make any of my own weapons or fight one of the big daddies yet, but the atmosphere and everything is awesome. So far, i totally recommend it, at least DL the demo.

Chenzo
08-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah...

I'm so getting this for the PC. It's friggin the shits. (There's a PC demo too... you can get it on Steam...)

[SS]Rator
08-22-2007, 02:52 PM
it is beautiful on the 360. i didnt even have to install anything or tweak my system to run it lol...

Seriously the atmosphere is awesome, they did a great job.

Chenzo
08-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
it is beautiful on the 360. i didnt even have to install anything or tweak my system to run it lol...

Seriously the atmosphere is awesome, they did a great job.

heh... I'm sure it'll look awesome on my PC too... (And I betcha I won't have to tweak anything or whatever...)

[SS]Grifter
08-22-2007, 07:17 PM
Calling it now.

Game of the year.

"No encounter ever plays out the same, and no two gamers will play the game the same way."

[SSr]LouSaynis
08-25-2007, 10:19 AM
I have no doubt that it will get game of the year. I plan to get it soon. (is there an online mode?)

[SS]Midnight
08-25-2007, 03:36 PM
I did not realize it was a Steam product untill I got an add for it from my Steam account that I use for playing Counter Strike Source.

These guys are awesome, and although I was not very impressed with the demo movie when I saw it I will be checking this out as these guy crank out awesome stuff.
Like Half Life and HL2. Those are hands down the BEST single player games every made IMHO. And very obviously CS and CS:S were and are extreamly popular and fun. So this should not be much different.

[SSr]LouSaynis
08-25-2007, 04:51 PM
It very well might become the next Half-Life/2. It certainly looks good enough.

[SS]Rator
08-25-2007, 05:04 PM
ok go DL it for the 360 its great, and best SP shooters, go play doom3 and quake 4 before you use the word BEST.

Chenzo
08-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Bought it.

FULL OF AWESOME. downloaded the demo on steam... after I finished the demo I REQUIRED the full version.

I'm like 10-12 hours into it.

FUCKING AWESOME.

Gonna surpass HL2 as the best single player first person shooter evar.

[SS]Grifter
08-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Chenzo
Bought it.

FULL OF AWESOME. downloaded the demo on steam... after I finished the demo I REQUIRED the full version.

I'm like 10-12 hours into it.

FUCKING AWESOME.

Gonna surpass HL2 as the best single player first person shooter evar.

It's a game tha tyou can easily play again because of things missed the first time through - or an alternate ending ;)

Chenzo
08-27-2007, 01:43 PM
yeah... I took the hard route and have been saving the Little Sisters instead of harvesting them. (You get more juice if you harvest them)

but the new Unreal Engine does water awesomely...

I should take screenshots... light reflected in falling water makes my pants tight.

[SS]Shooter
08-27-2007, 04:46 PM
So harvest or save? Obviously, harvesting looks like the way to go, but you must go to hell or something.

[SS]Grifter
08-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Shooter
So harvest or save? Obviously, harvesting looks like the way to go, but you must go to hell or something.

I did the saving the first time through. I'm going for the harvesting now my second timne through on easy. Then I'll try it on the hardest difficulty.

[SS]Midnight
08-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Ok I played the demo. I am afraid that I was just not that impressed with it.

I do not think it is near the quality of HL/HL2.

Chenzo
08-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Grifter
I did the saving the first time through. I'm going for the harvesting now my second timne through on easy. Then I'll try it on the hardest difficulty.

wait, you beat it already!?

I've been playing on the medium difficulty (I have played FPSs before) and I think I'm only about half way through... I just got to Ryan's 'factory' or whatever.

Originally posted by [SS]Midnight
Ok I played the demo. I am afraid that I was just not that impressed with it.

I do not think it is near the quality of HL/HL2.

I suppose I can understand that - HL2 is my favorite currently (I've played thru the game 3 times, the last time on the hardest difficulty) - but the environment of Rapture is just too awesome and puts HL2's engine to shame. Plus the writing, voice acting and situations in Bioshock are better IMO.

Bioshock is like HL2's Ravenholm - except it lasts for the whole game.

[SS]Grifter
08-28-2007, 11:59 AM
wait, you beat it already!?

I've been playing on the medium difficulty (I have played FPSs before) and I think I'm only about half way through... I just got to Ryan's 'factory' or whatever.

Yea. But on my second time through, I know I've missed some rooms that I was trying to get through earlier. I didn't breeze through it either, most days/evenings, it was the only game I was playing. It's really got it's hooks in me. I tried to do as much looking around as I could, but some times that wasn't possible when you'd complete a task and then get swarmed on so you had to leave where you were at. The second time through will be better because I understand it better now on how everything you get works.

The story line is really fantastic. It's probably one of the best I have seen for a game so far to be honest.

[SS]Shooter
08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
So, whats the total playtime?

I am like at 4 hours...

[SS]Grifter
08-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Shooter
So, whats the total playtime?

I am like at 4 hours...

A hell of a lot more than 4 hours for me. But I didn't rush through it except for a few parts where I thought I had to because I was low on health, out of first aid, and running from a mob. I tried to take my time and look around as much as I could.

Chenzo
08-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah... like I said, I think I'm half way and I KNOW I missed some stuff and I've put in atleast 12 hours or so.

[SS]Grifter
08-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Yeah... like I said, I think I'm half way and I KNOW I missed some stuff and I've put in atleast 12 hours or so.

Where are you at in game Chenz?

[SS]TuefelHunden
08-29-2007, 07:10 AM
light reflected in falling water makes my pants tight.

Hahahahahahaha!

Chenzo
08-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Where are you at in game Chenz?

I forget the name of the place Hepisomething - Ryan's factory... I just popped the crazy guy in Fort Pleasure or whatever.

[SS]Grifter
08-29-2007, 10:46 AM
I forget the name of the place Hepisomething - Ryan's factory... I just popped the crazy guy in Fort Pleasure or whatever.

Yea, that's about the midway point in the game.

Chenzo
08-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Yea, that's about the midway point in the game.

that's what I assumed since Ryan's place is the 5th button on the transport outta 8 buttons.

Chenzo
09-06-2007, 09:40 AM
heh:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/1394-Zero-Punctuation-BioShock

[SS]Midnight
09-06-2007, 12:43 PM
ROTFL!!!!!! great review!

Good find Chenzy.

Oh ya...my favorite part:

"It's like a kick in the balls. Well a gentile kick in the balls well executed....but at the end of the day your still walking funny."

[SS]Shooter
09-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Mine started freezing up a little bit. I found a solution in the forums:

Solution for the XBox360 "game pauses every 10-15 seconds" problem

Problem:

After playing the game for a long time (on the XBox 360 only), the game begins to "hitch" or "pause" slightly every 10-15 seconds. The problem does not go away if you restore a savegame, start a new game, or reboot the XBox 360.

Solution/Workaround:

This seems to be a problem with the hard drive caching system on in the XBox 360 system software, and we are working with Microsoft to identify a solution for this issue. We have confirmed that the hitching goes away if you clear the hard drive cache.

To clear the hard drive cache, you must hold down both the RB and LB gamepad buttons while the game is starting. This must be done IMMEDIATELY after the console is rebooted (or the game is launched from the dashboard) and the buttons must only be released AFTER the red 2K Games logo appears.

[SS]Rator
09-09-2007, 12:16 AM
cool, i havent had that issue but i did with loading for oblivion and it told you to do the same thing but it was the X button.

[SSr]LouSaynis
10-07-2007, 01:05 PM
bitchslapp

(delete mine too when you delete the bot post)