PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band Guitar Revealed

Pages : [1] 2

DatGuy
06-19-2007, 01:15 PM
The guitar looks amazing and the game looks awesome as well, I hope it plays well.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rock-band/

Chenzo
06-19-2007, 02:07 PM
fuck

yeah

I love the extra set of solo buttons.

[SS]Rator
06-19-2007, 02:18 PM
the guitar DOES look sick, i cant wait to try it, i wanted to mod my guitar to have the main buttons up there.

NEO-X
06-19-2007, 07:45 PM
SAWEEEET!!! Awesome find:bighands :bighands

[SS]Grifter
06-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Damn.

All of a sudden....My pants feel sticky.........

Sabotage
06-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
the guitar DOES look sick, i cant wait to try it, i wanted to mod my guitar to have the main buttons up there. Well from what I heard you already modded your guitar. The infamous smoke hole lol.

[SS]Rator
06-21-2007, 12:21 PM
HAhahahahah, thats true, me and Chenz just kneeled on that bitch and drilled her out good!

My guitar has been nicknamed "Ghetto" Cause it has the smoke hole and a really loose whammybar lol...

I LOVE MY LIMPY GIMPY!

Chenzo
07-05-2007, 09:53 AM
game play video

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O9b-8LYLGq8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O9b-8LYLGq8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

aw yeah...

[SS]Rator
07-05-2007, 01:05 PM
OMFG! Must play drums now...

[SS]Midnight
07-05-2007, 02:39 PM
THIS VIDEO IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE ....shiftyeyes ....

[SS]Raiden
07-05-2007, 03:26 PM
heres another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ITe-Zk0M4w

and one for guitar hero III
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RqFlZgwhqU&NR=1

[SS]Midnight
07-05-2007, 08:32 PM
For your first link Raiden I got:
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom International Inc.
Your second one works though.
I do want to see the one Chenzo thought he had though. I wanna see people playing the new instruments.

[SS]Raiden
07-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Midnight
For your first link Raiden I got:

Your second one works though.
I do want to see the one Chenzo thought he had though. I wanna see people playing the new instruments.

weird i got the same thing you did on Chezno's link so i went to you tube and searched rock band found the one i posted it worked fine for me

Chenzo
07-06-2007, 10:52 AM
here's that video reposted:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AddhTOx8S4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AddhTOx8S4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I assume it won't last long either, so...

[SS]Midnight
07-06-2007, 09:18 PM
YOU WIN YAY! I WIN!!!

Ok that one worked. Awesome. That "game" is looking more and more interesting to me. I saw 2 guitars and a drum there right? Is that the list of instruments available? Guitar and drums?

What about xylophone?..... laffyguy

[SS]Rator
07-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Guitar, bass, drums (4 pads and a footpedal) and vocals (mic doubles as tambourine & cowbell)

NEO-X
07-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Midnight
YAY! I WIN!!!

Ok that one worked. Awesome. That "game" is looking more and more interesting to me. I saw 2 guitars and a drum there right? Is that the list of instruments available? Guitar and drums?

What about xylophone?..... laffyguy

I need more COWBELL!!

http://img1.imageshack.us/img1/4706/cowbell2gh.gif

[SS]Rator
07-07-2007, 11:40 PM
yeah baby that shit'll be in there.

Chenzo
07-09-2007, 01:52 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3160823

good interview...

best part?

1UP: So in like three or four years from now, how many songs do you think we'll see available for download?

AR: I dunno, but the sky's the limit. We're really trying to turn this into like the iTunes of music videogames.

1UP: So it could potentially be over thousands of songs?

AR: That's our hope, yeah. And another area that we're really interested in is just user-generated content, and eventually we'd like to release tools that will allow people to actually create music of their own to get it into the game world as well.

[SS]Rator
07-09-2007, 02:23 PM
its so easy to do, apply a certain note t othe green button, another to the red button and so on and so forth, make your own chords by combining a C and a G or whatever, you could have SETS of note configurations too so that your verse parts are in E but your chorus uses C. So easy. So awesome.

NEO-X
07-09-2007, 08:39 PM
its so easy to do, apply a certain note t othe green button, another to the red button and so on and so forth, make your own chords by combining a C and a G or whatever, you could have SETS of note configurations too so that your verse parts are in E but your chorus uses C. So easy. So awesome.

I read a 5 page preview of this game in a gamemag I picked up the other day, and I gotta say this is going to blow everything out of the water...

He'll I could care less about GH3... this game right here is going to rule the universe!!

bigclap bigclap bigclap

[SS]Rator
07-09-2007, 10:09 PM
yep, but gh3 may have a kick ass soundtrack...

the metal from tenacious d , nice

Sabotage
07-10-2007, 05:29 PM
yep, but gh3 may have a kick ass soundtrack...

the metal from tenacious d , nice You never know, Rock band might have a good one too.

Chenzo
07-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Sabotage
You never know, Rock band might have a good one too.

Rock Band > GH3

I trust Neversoft to completely fuck it up. I'll get it if I hear it's good, but I ain't hoping.

Chenzo
07-12-2007, 11:31 AM
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/news/?id=16773

And, in another piece of news so exciting it received its own press release, Metallica's Enter Sandman will be featured in the game. This will be the original master recording and not a cover. "Metallica is one of the best loved bands in the world and their albums redefined hard rock and metal. Its one of the bands we had to bring to the Rock Band experience," added Rigopulos. "Rock Band will allow gamers to jam with the guys through their long, successful career, from young, raw talent to mega stars, playing the hard-rocking sounds that the band is known for."

Oh SNAP!...

Sabotage
07-14-2007, 02:07 AM
OMFG I KNEW IT I F-ING KNEW IT! METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm preordering my xbox, my rock band, my guitar and my mic!bigdance bigdance bigdance

BTW if you guys haven't noticed I'm one of the biggest Metallica fans in this world.

Chenzo
07-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Here's the finalized Drum Controller:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/s1s2s3s4s5/drums.jpg

[SS]Rator
07-19-2007, 02:01 PM
omg stop, must have.

Chenzo
11-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Heh... there never was a real Rock Band post in here...

anyway, here's the list of DLC that will be released for RB:

Beginning November 20, tracks from Metallica, the Police and Queens of the Stone Age will be available in three-song packs for $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points for the Xbox 360 version), or individually for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points.) Individual tracks by Foreigner, Wolfmother, the Runaways and others will also be available. The new content will be released on a weekly basis continuing through 2008 and ranging in price from $0.99 to $2.99 per track, with the "vast majority" selling for $1.99.

"We are excited to unleash some of the most beloved rock songs of all time for consumers to customize their Rock Band game experience - for an amazing price," said MTV Games Senior Vice President Paul DeGooyer. "The overwhelmingly positive response from artists, managers, music publishers and record labels has set up a queue of fantastic tracks that will continue to roll out every week."

The Rock Band downloadable content release schedule for 2007 is as follows:

Week of November 20, 2007:

Metallica Pack
"Ride the Lightning" - Metallica
"Blackened" - Metallica
"And Justice for All" - Metallica

The Police Pack
"Can't Stand Losing You" - The Police
"Synchronicity II" - The Police
"Roxanne" - The Police

Queens of the Stone Age Pack
"3's and 7's" - Queens of the Stone Age
"Little Sister" - Queens of the Stone Age
"Sick Sick Sick" - Queens of the Stone Age

"Fortunate Son" as made famous by Creedence Clearwater Revival *
"Juke Box Hero" as made famous by Foreigner *
"Bang a Gong (Get It On)" as made famous by T-Rex *
"My Sharona" as made famous by The Knack *
"Cherry Bomb" as made famous by The Runaways *
"Joker & The Thief"- Wolfmother

Week of November 27, 2007

David Bowie Pack
"Moonage Daydream" - David Bowie
"Heroes" as made famous by David Bowie *
"Queen Bitch" as made famous by David Bowie *

Week of December 4, 2007

Black Sabbath Pack
"N.I.B." as made famous by Black Sabbath *
"Sweet Leaf" as made famous by Black Sabbath *
"War Pigs" as made famous by Black Sabbath *

Week of December 11, 2007

Punk Pack:
"Rockaway Beach" - Ramones
"I Fought the Law" - The Clash
"Ever Fallen In Love" as made famous by Buzzcocks *

Week of December 18, 2007

"My Iron Lung" - Radiohead
"Buddy Holly" - Weezer
"Brass in Pocket" as made famous by Pretenders *

* Indicates a cover version. All others are original master recordings.

MUTHER FUCKING RIDE THE LIGHTNING?

oh yeah.

[SS]Rator
11-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Fuck yeah AND Sweat Leaf from Sabbath, omg kick ass.

Chenzo
11-19-2007, 05:26 PM
NM.

I got that backwards. The RB guitar will not work with GH3...

Rator does the GH2 guitar work with GH3?

[SS]Rator
11-19-2007, 05:47 PM
360 GH2 explorer DOES work with GH3. And yea i doubt the RB guitar will work on GH3. Thats ok.

Chenzo
11-20-2007, 12:29 PM
http://jube3.com/rb_compatibility.jpg

Bassani
11-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Thats so not cool. Such a nice guitar and wont work with GH3.

Chenzo
11-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Blam.

There's the boxed set in my trunk now.

hopefully I'll be able to survive the next 4 hours at work.

Bassani
11-24-2007, 12:05 AM
I just got the bundle today along with a brand new 40" Samsung 1080p TV, man its a nice setup. Seems easier than GH3, but you need to be right on with your notes on the guitar, the drums, well Ill just say as of right now, I SUCK, lol. I wont even attept singing I dont think, we all know my skills at that, remember my [r] phase, lmao.

Here is my new TV with RB on it.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SS_Bassani/TV-Picture001.jpg

[SS]Rator
11-24-2007, 02:45 AM
Me, Chenzo, Tech and Tool (1st digital guys) all played tonite, fucking awesome! HA! We were laughing the whole time.

Bassani
11-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Rator, somewhere you were talking about how you didnt like the neck of the Fender, either on here or the 1st forums, cant remember and dont want to search, lol. I have the same prob with it digging in my thumb, try sliding your thumb up a little, there it a little spot that your thumd will kinda fit into on that piece that it on top of the neck, quite a bit more comfortable but takes a little getting use to sort of like strumming up n down, lol.

[SS]Rator
11-24-2007, 06:43 PM
i just dont use it. my les paul is wireless and awesome, i call her Lucille.

Bassani
11-24-2007, 07:08 PM
and you do not get any lag with it being wireless? I seem to have that problem, I miss notes that I should hit, like I will miss a set of 3 reds but Im holding the red button, it just doesnt pick up all the time.

[SS]Rator
11-24-2007, 08:58 PM
itll miss a few here and there but nothing real bad for me.

Bassani
11-25-2007, 12:43 AM
ok, here is a good question, if you are not using a GH2 or GH3 controller, how the hell do you talk while online? Ive heard ppl talk, but they dont hear me, IDK whats up there.

[SS]Rator
11-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Yea i dont know, theres a weird little thing it comes with that has a connector for the headset but i dont know where to plug it in.

Bassani
11-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Ya, I just found it actually, I cant really explain it, so heres a pic. Just look for the little hole, pretty sure it goes there, but still have yet to talk to anyone on it, maybe you and I can hook up on a gig later or w/e.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SS_Bassani/RB-mic-jack.jpg

Chenzo
11-26-2007, 11:37 AM
YEah... I don't have to use the adapter since my mic is just a plug (I don't have those 2 little plastic tabs on it.)

Plus, I've learned - and I'm not entirely sure if it's true, but it seems to be to me - that you need to have the controller that you want to talk thru as the PRIMARY controller. I.E. in slot 1.

So if you turn on yer xbox with the regular controller (so it's in slot 1), and then use the guitar (which would make it slot 2), the mic will only work with the controller in slot 1.

so uh yeah... when yer gonna rock band online, use the guitar controller to start the xbox so it shows up as controller 1

Bassani
11-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Ya, that is the hole, its tempermental though. It needs to be in just right.

Sabotage
11-27-2007, 02:36 AM
So the whole doesn't have openings for the two tabs that are on the xbox mics? Oh well I think connecting the controller in slot one is easy enough. Hopefully I'll have the bundle set by christmas and I can rock out with some of you. You did say that you can Rock Band online right? I was confused by that whole deal, but then again I never really looked into it.

Bassani
11-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Ya, you can play online.

Was just playing " Run to the Hills " by Iron Maiden. Little bit of a tough song, but I'm known to be Mr. Medium, lol. Well I have now completed this song on the guitar, both lead and bass on hard, Ive gotten through the bass part on expert but I fail @ about 75%, almost there, lol. I think I might be able to do alot of the songs that are not really that hard on hard, still gonna take me a while to get expert down though, maybe I can do the easier ones on expert, idk, lol.

[SS]Rator
11-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Nice dude, just dont go for points your first time thru. Save your star power until you go red then fire it off to get you thru the tough spots.

[SS]Grifter
11-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Bassani
but I'm known to be Mr. Medium, lol

You an me both. I'm more of a medium/hard player myself. I'm not out to play expert on some of these songs...lol

Bassani
11-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Ya Boss, thats pretty much what I try to do with the star power, or w/e it is with this, unless it is a easy song.

Grif, Im pretty much right in the same area as you I think.

Sabotage
11-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Grifter
You an me both. I'm more of a medium/hard player myself. I'm not out to play expert on some of these songs...lol It just takes playing it religiously and you'll be an expert in no time.... I was sick for awhile durring GH2 times and all I did was play and made expert fairly quickly.

Bassani
11-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Ya, but its the young bucks ( like yourself ) that catch on quicker, lmao

[SS]Rator
11-27-2007, 11:42 PM
im 35

Sabotage
11-28-2007, 02:35 AM
Ya, but its the young bucks ( like yourself ) that catch on quicker, lmao lol that may be true but there is also Rator and Chenzo who I assume are much much better than me judging by their scores.

Bassani
11-28-2007, 02:41 AM
ya, i think they cheat or something, lol. j/k. I was playing with Chenzo tonight on RB, but he ended up going to the drums so Grif could guitar. Grifs mic wasnt working, so it was just me n Chenzo babbling back n forth a little. Rator is too scared to do co-op online I think, lol. j/k on that too, I can just never time it right when hes playing GH or RB at the same time I am.

[SS]Grifter
11-28-2007, 11:12 AM
That was fun last night. Thanks Chenzo and Bas. Unfortunately, my fucking mic doesn't work on the guitar, so they're sending me a new one.

I think the first song we played, I was sitting on the edge of my desk chair and it rolled out from under me and I hit the ground... Ikept playing though...only missed a few chords...lol

I don't remember what that song was I went to try on Hard near the end of our wrap up there - but I hadn't heard it before so I wasn't sure what to expect with the notes. With the songs I know - for me anyway - I can play them easier. We'll have to do that again.bigclap

Chenzo
11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah it was a good time... I don't mind playing drums, guitar or bass... and we had kinda figured that Grif was guitaring and Bass only wanted bass action so I was regulated to the drums.

But it was good. Gotta get me drum skills up.

[SS]Grifter
11-28-2007, 11:57 AM
I need to work on the drums myself - maybe this weekend.

You did a great job on just about all of those songs Chenz. Bas as well. There were some songs where we probably tried at a higher skill level than we were accustomed to but it was all good.

And thanks for the Aerosmith tune. Been waiting to play that since I learned it was on the setlist.

Sabotage
11-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Grifter
I think the first song we played, I was sitting on the edge of my desk chair and it rolled out from under me and I hit the ground... Ikept playing though...only missed a few chords...lol Now that would be a funny sight.

[SS]Grifter
11-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Now that would be a funny sight.

Too bad the 360 VisionCam isn't enabled for this game...it would have been a sight. My deskchair with wheels has armrests, so I tend to sit more forward while playing (my PC and my 360 share the same screen at my desk) the guitar. Well, I was a little too far forward and the chair flipped up and over behind me, I went to the floor and the chair landed on me.

There's never a video camera around when you need one.....

[SS]Midnight
11-28-2007, 01:36 PM
LOL I would have paid to see that! laffyguy

Bassani
11-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Since I started standing playing the guitar, I notice that I dont miss as many notes. I dont mind playing lead either, I just wanted bass on those 3 songs. But ya, deff ggs, have to do it again.

[SS]Rator
11-28-2007, 02:27 PM
From xbox.com

"Week of November 20, 2007

* Metallica Pack includes "Ride the Lightning," "Blackened," and "And Justice for All."
* The Police Pack includes "Can't Stand Losing You," "Synchronicity II," and "Roxanne."
* Queens of the Stone Age Pack includes "3's and 7's," "Little Sister," and "Sick Sick Sick."
* Individual tracks released include:
o "Fortunate Son" as made famous by Creedence Clearwater Revival *
o Juke Box Hero" as made famous by Foreigner *
o "Bang a Gong (Get It On)" as made famous by T-Rex *
o "My Sharona" as made famous by The Knack *
o "Cherry Bomb" as made famous by The Runaways *
o "Joker & The Thief" by Wolfmother.

Week of November 27, 2007

* David Bowie Pack includes "Moonage Daydream," "Heroes" as made famous by David Bowie *, and "Queen Bitch" as made famous by David Bowie *.

Week of December 4, 2007

* Black Sabbath Pack includes songs all made famous by Black Sabbath such as "N.I.B." *, "Sweet Leaf" *, and "War Pigs" *.

Week of December 11, 2007

* Punk Pack includes "Rockaway Beach" by The Ramones, "I Fought the Law" by The Clash, and "Ever Fallen In Love" as made famous by The Buzzcocks *.

Week of December 18, 2007

* Individual tracks released include:
o "My Iron Lung" by Radiohead
o "Buddy Holly" by Weezer
o "Brass in Pocket" as made famous by The Pretenders *."

I already own the metallica, police, and qotsa packs but im totally getting the sabbath pack too. awesome.

Chenzo
11-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Damn... there's quite a bit in there that I want.

I only got the metallica pack... since you really can't have enough metallica.

Hrm... Bowie... QotSA...

Even some of the single ones... hahahaha

shits. gonna have to drop like $20

Bassani
11-28-2007, 03:15 PM
ya, I wish they were a bit cheaper. I cant see spending 440 MS points per pack of 3 ( just over $5 ) for songs I might not even ever play. What are they per song, like 150 or 160 MS points per song?

Chenzo
11-28-2007, 03:20 PM
hahahaha

after downloading some MP3 of this stuff, I think I totally need to own (and force Rator to play) Juke Box Hero...

hahahahHAHAHAHAHA

Chenzo
11-28-2007, 03:35 PM
I think $2 a song is perfectly reasonable.

ya figure on iTunes, it's a buck a song, and with this yer paying an extra dollar to pay for the code/track set up for the game.

[SS]Rator
11-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah and to be able to play the thing. Interactive music = $2, yea np.

[SS]Wally
11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
gay

[SS]Rator
11-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Here's some skins. I just bought the Classic Wood one cause it just looks awesome. Theres the flag one in there for you too Chenz.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Faceplate-skin-for-Guitar-Hero-3-III-fits-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ220176398925QQihZ012QQcategoryZ122517 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohos ting

[SS]Rator
11-28-2007, 04:30 PM
And here's the only pic of us playing last week. Chenz on the left, Rator on drums, and MTech on the right.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3427/17914065mm2.jpg

Chenzo
11-28-2007, 04:34 PM
For the record, I'm star powering there... I'm not constipated.

[SS]Rator
11-28-2007, 04:44 PM
lol yea, Chenz's star power move is like hes crabling a baby, mine is like i'm holding the baby out in front of me for you to take it, and Tool, well, Big Tool does star power like he's trying to throw the baby over his shoulder...

Like the Cuervo star power move of SniperCon 06.

Bassani
11-28-2007, 06:20 PM
And I shovel dirt over my shoulder, lmao.

[SS]Snakebite
11-28-2007, 07:12 PM
I just reach down and hit the select button....

Sabotage
11-29-2007, 02:27 AM
Here's some skins. I just bought the Classic Wood one cause it just looks awesome. Theres the flag one in there for you too Chenz.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Faceplate-skin-for-Guitar-Hero-3-III-fits-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ220176398925QQihZ012QQcategoryZ122517 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohos ting That wood one is pretty awesome.

Bassani
12-01-2007, 08:13 PM
I went to the RB site and couldnt find anything about the world tour being patched in for online bands to get together. Anyone have any info on it?

DatGuy
12-14-2007, 09:21 PM
So I got a copy off eBay, getting shipped out tomorrow should be 6-10 business days

Bassani
12-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Nice Dat

Anyone hear anything more about the world tour going online yet? Im anxious about that.

Chenzo
12-17-2007, 03:30 PM
http://gamerfront.net/2007/11/19/exclusive-interview-answers-your-burning-rock-band-questions/

To the disappointment of fans, developer Harmonix has confirmed that the Band World Tour campaign mode in the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 editions of the company's upcoming music game Rock Band will not be enabled for online play.

"Band World Tour, and consequently the endless setlist, doesn't have an online mode," wrote Harmonix community manager Sean Baptiste on the official Rock Band forums.

One of the most exciting features of Harmonix's upcoming Guitar Hero follow-up, the Band World Tour mode allows up to four players to form a band, play gigs in over 40 different venues across the world, and complete challenges to earn in-game cash.

"It was something we really wanted in there but the time to do it, and do it right taking into account all sorts of mostly unforeseen but very important things, was seriously prohibitive," continued Baptiste.

Online play via the game's competitive and quickplay modes will still be included. Despite the news, Baptiste assured fans that Harmonix is still very interested in realizing the online campaign in the future.

"It is something we are totally working for in the future as not only do you want to play it but so do we (more than you know)," added Baptiste.

Whether World Tour online play might be implemented via a patch, or is simply a feature that has been pushed back to a potential Rock Band sequel, Baptiste did not know.

Sabotage
12-17-2007, 10:17 PM
lol thanks Chenzo

-Bassani

Bassani
12-17-2007, 10:20 PM
lol, huh? what?

[SS]Hoopdaddy
12-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Can you belive that John Cena?

Sabotage
12-17-2007, 10:42 PM
lol, huh? what? You sounded like you were very anxious to get that news. I don't know I was board.

Bassani
12-18-2007, 01:55 AM
I want them to patch it in pretty bad, lol

Chenzo
12-28-2007, 12:28 PM
http://www.rockband.com/bands/1st_digital_orchestra
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rockband.com/rockers/Chenzo

I betcha Rator and I hit a million fans tonight.

Bassani
12-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Chenzo
I betcha Rator and I hit a million fans tonight.

Speaking of 1 million, Sabotage and I were like 50k away from a 1 million point song with 2 other ppl we didnt know, Sab was lead on Hard, I was Bass on Exp, the drummer was on Easy and the singer was on Medium. The song was Welcome Home.

We need a god drummer and singer, I want that damn million point song, lol.

Good work Sab, we need 2 other good players to join up.

[SS]Rator
12-29-2007, 03:14 AM
We got 5+mil.

Sabotage
12-29-2007, 05:01 AM
Speaking of 1 million, Sabotage and I were like 50k away from a 1 million point song with 2 other ppl we didnt know, Sab was lead on Hard, I was Bass on Exp, the drummer was on Easy and the singer was on Medium. The song was Welcome Home.

We need a god drummer and singer, I want that damn million point song, lol.

Good work Sab, we need 2 other good players to join up. Well we found this really good expert drummer and he's on my friends list, if we get him on and a good singer we can hit 1 mill easy and if we all do expert which I know we can. Anyone up for the singing.

DatGuy
12-29-2007, 04:17 PM
this is me waiting for my copy of Rock Band to show up

http://www.bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2007/04/mad-spidey.jpg

[SS]Midnight
12-29-2007, 05:33 PM
ha ha. That IS you!!! Nice toupe BTW.

[SS]Showstoper
12-30-2007, 06:44 PM
I have the guitar that came with the ROckband set, I like the way it feels, the strumming is quieter (my wife really likes that part), the solo notes buttons are awesome. But does anyone ever run into the problem of putting it into overdrive? It seems like I have to throw the guitar up in the air, catch it, use it as a jumprope and then maybe it'll go into overdrive. I know you can just hit the select button to get ovet that, but I just feel like tilting the guitar up is what is was meant to do. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Peace.machgunner

Bassani
12-30-2007, 09:53 PM
could be a broken guitar or maybe you are just shy of having enough star power to activate it? I have that problem once in a while too, but not much.

[SS]Showstoper
12-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Man, I hope it's not a broken guitar, I already have a broken GH2 controller, I was too lazy too send it off so I brought another one, that one works SUPER, but I mostly play with the Rockband edition guitar. Thanks for the advice.
whistler

Sabotage
12-31-2007, 04:20 AM
On average the RB guitars are not very good quality, there is something wrong with mine also. Mine wont always hold long notes even when I know I did not lift my fingers and sometimes the strum bar won't strum. But there are a lot out there that have no problems. My advice is to send it back and hopefully you won't get another defective one.

DatGuy
12-31-2007, 04:29 AM
On average the RB guitars are not very good quality, there is something wrong with mine also. Mine wont always hold long notes even when I know I did not lift my fingers and sometimes the strum bar won't strum. But there are a lot out there that have no problems. My advice is to send it back and hopefully you won't get another defective one.

...AAAANNNNDDDD if you send a defective guitar back EA gives you a free game...I suggest Skate

Bassani
12-31-2007, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by [SS]DatGuy
...AAAANNNNDDDD if you send a defective guitar back EA gives you a free game...I suggest Skate

Prove it!!!

Bassani
12-31-2007, 07:31 AM
Anyone having any trouble remembering those insane sections or just want to memorize how a certain section of song goes? Well here ya go thanks to Score Hero (http://rockband.scorehero.com/).

Here are your note charts for.....

Guitar:
Expert (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1021)
Hard (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1020)
Medium (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1019)
Easy (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1018)

Bass:
Expert (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1025)
Hard (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1024)
Medium (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1023)
Easy (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1022)

Drums:
Expert (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1029)
Hard (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1028)
Medium (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1027)
Easy (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1026)

Vocals:
All (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1016)

Full Band:
Expert (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1037)
Hard (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1036)
Medium (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1035)
Easy (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1034)

Chenzo
12-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Rator, he was talking a million points in a song. not fans.

And Rator and I DID hit over 5 million fans this Friday.

we're on the Hall of Fame induction setlist, and we're about 100 stars away from unlocking the Endless Setlist.

(Oh, and a million points is nice for a song, but are you guys gold staring stuff? Rator and I binged atleast 6 or 7 gold stars on Friday...)

[SS]Showstoper
12-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll probably send it in after the New Year...I guess I'll rock out with the GH2 controller until the fixed one comes back...That's insane with the points BTW...I'm taking baby steps right now, I just can't get away from playing on medium...I'm getting there on the drums though. Peace.rofl

Sabotage
12-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Prove it!!! Yes please prove this.

Bassani
01-01-2008, 05:00 AM
Just got done on a gig, damnit, we were so close ......

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/SeaSniper/RockBand023.jpg

[SS]Rator
01-01-2008, 04:27 PM
show me gold stars...

pics of mediocrity are kinda lame lol...HA!

Bassani
01-01-2008, 04:51 PM
I still have yet to GS 1 song sadsmiley The cut off is pretty damn high and I think you can only GS them on Exp which isnt that bad seeing as how I'm there kinda, not great or anything, but Im working my way up, lol. Might be a while before I GS a song. But hey, 95% isnt that bad for someone who was always playing on Medium, lol.

Also just because you may 100% a song, you are not guaranteed gold, there is a score threshold you need to break too.

[SS]Showstoper
01-01-2008, 08:02 PM
That's a great score...I'm not sure, but you should get an achievement also if you break a million points, but I'm sure you'll get there eventually. Peace.waver

Sabotage
01-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Bassani if only I knew you were playing, I could have played the drums on hard and we would have broken it easily.

Bassani
01-01-2008, 10:12 PM
If you only knew I was playing? When am I not? lol. I'm almost always playing it, lol.

Sabotage
01-02-2008, 02:40 PM
lol yea true!

Bassani
01-06-2008, 03:10 AM
YEA, Broke 1 Mill, It should have been over 1.2 mill, but my fingers just didn't want to work tonight. The drummer here is real good too, he 100%'d a song on Exp, forgot what one though, Finally got it though, lol. Now I just need to 100% my bass on ups only, lol.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/SeaSniper/RockBand037.jpg

[SS]Showstoper
01-06-2008, 04:31 AM
Hey ISSI Bassani, COngrats on breaking a mil...I think the closest I got was about 800 or 900 thousand and I believe that was playing with you...Did you get an achievement for it? PEace.
bigclap

Bassani
01-06-2008, 06:56 AM
no, no achievement.

Sabotage
01-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Hey good job Bassani, I was just about to mention that I found a song that would be easy to get 1 mill if you have some good players because there is 3,058 notes on the guitar but nearly impossible to do without getting saved but still worth a lot of points. Anyone guess which song?

"Green Grass & High Tides" The only song I can't complete on Expert.

Chenzo
01-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Nice...

It was a good weekend for the 1st Digital Orchestra...

we got inducted into the hall of fame, popped 10 million fans, and unlocked the Endless Setlist...

now I just need to throw a little mini RB party and have people over that can play expert guitar/bass and just have people play songs in the setlist they like and trade the instruments around.

Every Song In The Game in Alphabetical Order, One Right After The Other

Sabotage
01-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Damn good job Chenzo and Rator! How long do you think it would take to get though the entire set. It would probably feel like a real rock concert after you guys are done with them all, you'd have jello arms easily half way through.

DatGuy
01-07-2008, 08:06 PM
my copy should be here this week, it cleared customs yesterday

Bassani
01-07-2008, 10:25 PM
"Green Grass & High Tides"

NO, NEVER, I can NOT do that on Exp, lol

[SS]Showstoper
01-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Great Work Chenzo,
My kids and I are still working our way through the Band Tour, if they got off their myspace long enough, maybe we can get through this...LOL...A RB mini party sound about good right now, but I stink at expert, medium is my thing...Take care, PEace.
guitarhero

[SS]Showstoper
01-08-2008, 02:29 AM
NO, NEVER, I can NOT do that on Exp, lol

Hey ISSI Bassani, thanks for the website to replace my RB guitar, it came in today and was perfect when it came to putting it into overdrive mode the way it should by tilting it...Peacetoothysmil

[SS]Rator
01-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah what is that link...

Chenzo
01-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah what is that link...

http://support.ea.com/rockband.php

Rator, I know that Tommy did it, got his empty box to send the busted one back and is just waiting on the new guitar.

(And so did Tech.)

Bassani
01-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Yea, I used a different link rockband.com/support ? IDK, anyway, I got my box too, I just have yet to send mine out.

[SS]Rator
01-08-2008, 05:10 PM
ty

DatGuy
01-08-2008, 05:11 PM
ITS HERE, Picking it up after work!

Chenzo
01-08-2008, 05:24 PM
ITS HERE, Picking it up after work!

heh

awesome.

I wonder how much you'll like it since it's easier than GH3. (But it's so fucking full of awesome.)

DatGuy
01-08-2008, 05:25 PM
heh

awesome.

I wonder how much you'll like it since it's easier than GH3. (But it's so fucking full of awesome.)

but I will have the drums to learn

I tried it at work today, someone had it set up in the lounge...I do not like the strum bar on the guitar....other than that its pretty sweet

Bassani
01-08-2008, 05:28 PM
ya, especially when you have 93 songs that you cant play online because no one else has them.

Chenzo
01-08-2008, 05:45 PM
heh...

I've got about 10 DLC songs...

and I LOVE the new guitar...

it feels so much better.

And honestly, I think the only way to beat Green Grass is going to be to learn to use the solo buttons.

DatGuy
01-08-2008, 05:51 PM
heh...

I've got about 10 DLC songs...

and I LOVE the new guitar...

it feels so much better.

And honestly, I think the only way to beat Green Grass is going to be to learn to use the solo buttons.

or you just have to be shred-tastic like myself(also I like to gloat)

Bassani
01-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Oh, excuse me, they released 3 more songs for a total of 96. The newest ones are 160 MS points ea and are .....

Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden

Die All Right by The Hives

Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots

[SS]Showstoper
01-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Guys, Got my gueetah yesterday, shipped it off today, don't got to deal with the with holding of $125 blues...But, Yep, ISSI DatGuy, it's a really sweet game...Like ISSI Bassani said you just got to decide which songs you want to download, I got a few, but forget about purchasing all 96 of them...CHeck ya'll later. PEacespinningde

[SS]Chief
01-09-2008, 02:33 AM
Rator, he was talking a million points in a song. not fans.

And Rator and I DID hit over 5 million fans this Friday.

we're on the Hall of Fame induction setlist, and we're about 100 stars away from unlocking the Endless Setlist.

How cute....are you going to take it on tour?

Chenzo
01-09-2008, 11:31 AM
only if yer gonna be our roadie.

(And WTF? That page hasn't updated yet... I want my 10 million fans to be listed, damn it.)

DatGuy
01-09-2008, 01:58 PM
So my guitar died within playing 10 songs, and the mic jack didnt work once, what a POS

Chenzo
01-09-2008, 02:29 PM
So my guitar died within playing 10 songs, and the mic jack didnt work once, what a POS

from the sampling of people I know who own the game, I'd say about 75% of them had busted guitars.

The mic jack thing might be the whole 'controller 1' issue tho.

What's wrong with it? No down strum?

DatGuy
01-09-2008, 02:31 PM
no its not the controller 1 issue as the guitar was the only thing plugged in.

yes it was the down strum issue

Chenzo
01-09-2008, 02:38 PM
no its not the controller 1 issue as the guitar was the only thing plugged in.

yes it was the down strum issue

well, go to the support page and have them sendja a new one.

The GH3 guitar works fine.

And are you using the little cord thingamabob they sentcha for the mic?

DatGuy
01-09-2008, 02:43 PM
yeah I am using the stupid, poorly designed thingamabob, Im gonna send it in when I get my new place, as I will be moving at the end of the month.

or Ill just walk down to EA(10 mins from my work) and toss the guitar through their window

Chenzo
01-09-2008, 03:02 PM
or Ill just walk down to EA(10 mins from my work) and toss the guitar through their window

take pictures.

Bassani
01-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Ya, he was having that nasty feed back issue with the mic, hed plug it in and I'm yelling at him to unplug, lol. I think I have the same problem with my drums, I know I cant hear anyone when I plug my drums in except through my speakers. So I need to return both my Guitar and drums, I just like the guitar more and dont want to loose out on the guitaring.

Personally I hate the Les Paul, you cant slide your fingers like you can on the fender, and the solo frets are awesome for the endings.

Chenzo
01-09-2008, 04:21 PM
OMFGWTFBBQ!

WANT

WANT

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/01/ion-audio-drum-set-proto.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/01/rbdrumproto.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/09/rock-band-drum-prototype-adds-sturdiness-cymbals/

We love channeling our inner Keith Moon with the Rock Band drum set, but we do have some quibbles. Namely: When we break out with some tasty, tasty hi-hat work it just feels a little inauthentic. Sure, we could try applying some Rock Jam, but it's just not the same. You can understand then why our hunger for Ion Audio's sexy, sure-to-be-pricey new kit is nothing short of ravenous.

Not only does this kit have cymbals, but the sturdiness of the drums has also been improved. Sadly this is still just a prototype, but we're hopeful that the Wyld Stallyns can travel into the future and snag us a set.

did I mention I want this?

Bassani
01-09-2008, 04:25 PM
OMFGWTFBBQ!

WANT

WANT

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/01/ion-audio-drum-set-proto.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/01/rbdrumproto.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/09/rock-band-drum-prototype-adds-sturdiness-cymbals/

did I mention I want this?

Damn thats got to be about a 300-400 $ set.

Prove it!!!

Still waiting, lol.

[SS]Rator
01-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Nice, i still want bigger heads for the drums tho.

DatGuy
01-09-2008, 06:47 PM
heres your proof Basshat

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rock-band/free-ea-games-are-actually-not-bad-ie-ask-for-skate-335057.php

Bassani
01-09-2008, 09:30 PM
heres your proof Basshat

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rock-band/free-ea-games-are-actually-not-bad-ie-ask-for-skate-335057.php

Not exactly proof. You are not guaranteed a free game. Only if you got an email from EA.

* This offer applies only to a limited group of customers who were notified directly by EA Customer Support that they would receive a free game. If you did not receive such an email directly from EA Customer Support, then this offer does not apply to you.

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/doc_serve.php?1=AvcG~wrPDP8S86t3GrYe~yL~Jvsq~~n~&5=30

[SS]Showstoper
01-10-2008, 01:01 AM
HEy ISSI DatGuy, hope u get ur guitar issue fixed quick fast and in a hurry, once you get past that, your playing on RB will be just fine, quarantee.toothysmil

Sabotage
01-10-2008, 02:15 AM
Hey DatGuy if you get on before I do sometime soon, add me: SSabOtage22

Bassani
01-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Damnit, I cant find that post where that one guy shows off the broken drum set, I think you posted it Chenzo, right. This vid here ....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EAWd7nTAK0Y&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EAWd7nTAK0Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Anyway, it turns out that this guy is freaking amazing on the drums, check out his other vids like Ride the Lightning. Here are his scores from scorehero.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=4410&platform=2&size=1&team=0&group=3&diff=4

DatGuy
01-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Ill add you tomorrow sab since I wont be home tonight

and showstopper, I really dont like the feel of that guitar anyways, I shred with the Gh guitar...I will get it replaced though

Chenzo
01-10-2008, 01:05 PM
ah... finally...

1st Digital Orchestra (http://www.rockband.com/bands/1st_digital_orchestra) is ranked 851 outta 100000 bands in number of fans... (And I betcha there's more than 100000 bands...)

http://www.rockband.com/leaderboards?page=42&lb_platform=xbox&lb_type=band&lb_score=bandbyfans

Just gotta beat the endless set list...

(And well, close out all the cities.)

Sabotage
01-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Yes that guy is the guy that made me want the drums.

Bassani
01-16-2008, 12:15 AM
LMAO, turns out I'm not the only one who has problems finding someone to sit here and go through the BWT with. What some people do is sing while they play an instrument, check out the stands some of these people made, lol.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3502&highlight=

[SS]Showstoper
01-16-2008, 12:46 AM
LMAO, turns out I'm not the only one who has problems finding someone to sit here and go through the BWT with. What some people do is sing while they play an instrument, check out the stands some of these people made, lol.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3502&highlight=

Those pics were straight up ghetto-ish, but a 10 for ingenuity...LOL

Sabotage
01-16-2008, 01:44 AM
Ok so I found something very interesting today while reading this months EGM Electronic Gaming Magazine, which is part of 1up.com and I though you guys would find this pleasing even though it's nothing to worry about for awhile. It's an interview by one of the EGM editors with one of the Rock Band project managers:

Issue 1:
EGM: "Speaking of the World Tour Mode, one of our major complaints is that it doesn't work online. Can this be fixed with a future update?"

Greg LoPiccolo: "It is certainly something that is getting a lot of attention from up. We would have liked to include it, but it's incredibly technically difficult. It's not impossible. It certainly has our attention for an agenda we'd like to pursue it in the future."

Issue 2:
EGM: "Will you be able to play all the DLC you purchase now in the inevitable sequel?"

GL: "Our conception [of the DLC program] is as a platform. And the conception of a platform that makes sense is that you don't buy all of your new CDs every year. We totally hear you on that."

Ok I had to type all of that because it is not yet online so I hope there are no mistakes and I did not leave anything out.

[SS]Showstoper
01-18-2008, 11:43 AM
YEA, Broke 1 Mill, It should have been over 1.2 mill, but my fingers just didn't want to work tonight. The drummer here is real good too, he 100%'d a song on Exp, forgot what one though, Finally got it though, lol. Now I just need to 100% my bass on ups only, lol.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/SeaSniper/RockBand037.jpg

Bassani, hey, Last night I was playing with three other folks, we broke a million also, but I have no proof, the dude clicked off the screen before I can snap a pic at it...IS there a way to track this down? I was playing drums on medium...It was the welcome home song...It's true, it's truedancingban

Bassani
01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
No, I dont think so. Ive seen scores on scorehero though over 2 mill, thats crazy.

Chenzo
01-20-2008, 05:00 PM
I am a huge nerd:

http://www.1stdigitalinfantry.com/chenzo/rockband/new_pedal_03.jpg

http://www.1stdigitalinfantry.com/chenzo/rockband/new_pedal_02.jpg

http://www.1stdigitalinfantry.com/chenzo/rockband/new_pedal_01.jpg

Built the reed switch to use my real bass pedal with the game... (kinda rusty... heh... needs some wd40)

heh...

works pretty facking well...

2x as loud as the old pedal tho... heh.

so much for making my set quiet.

Bassani
01-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Nice, what did it run you to make it besides time?

DatGuy
01-20-2008, 07:24 PM
chenzo has too much time on his hands laffyguy

awesome work man!

Bassani
01-20-2008, 10:07 PM
so much for making my set quiet.

Oh yea, a drum set just wouldn't be right if it was quiet, lol. I love to beat the shit out of my set on And Justice for All & Ride the Lightning. regularsmi

[SS]Showstoper
01-21-2008, 02:42 AM
Nice Chenzo, so when you gonna start marketing your improvised pedal to ROckband?toothysmil

Chenzo
01-21-2008, 10:54 AM
The electronics - the reed switch, the magnets, the 1/8 inch plug and the speaker wire cost around $7 or $8 total...

The bass drum pad cost about $45...

I already owned the pedal.

It took about 20 minutes to solder the stuff together. And about another 20 minutes to get the switch and magnet positioned correctly.

It definitely is more responsive than the plastic pedal. The quick double taps seem to register better. I only have to left up on the pedal about a 1/4 of an inch to register an 'up'.

It IS louder - there's a soft thud as the mallet hits the rubber, but that's not too bad. The problem is that the vibrations go down into the floor essentially making my basement a giant bass drum.

Oh well... heh... I feel sorry for my neighbors.

Showstopper, a couple pages back in this thread is a video of a guy gold staring Tom Sawyer. In the comments he mentions that he's using this reed/magnet setup and posted links to the instructions. I didn't invent it, I just follow the instructions.

I actually have all the necessary electronics to make another one... if there are any local drummers around...

Bassani
01-21-2008, 06:54 PM
I might want one at some point. At least I know where I can turn for one.

Does anyone know where to get the headset adapters from? I had 2 and lost one, I need a back up in case I loose another or if this one fails or w/e. I tried the RB site, but I dont see anything about the adapters.

Bassani
01-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Too bad Sab missed the ending, we would have broke 2 mill, GJ though.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SS_Bassani/RockBand.jpg

DatGuy
01-21-2008, 08:44 PM
I got my webs hooked back up bass, we gotta get me you and sab in there and we could do it

Bassani
01-21-2008, 08:49 PM
We had it, he just missed the ending. I dont think over 2 mill is possible with just 3 players either. I think if there were 4 players all on Exp and 100% everything I think max would be near 2.6 mill or in that area.

We need to rename this thread, lol. Matbe like " Rock Band " or " Rock Band Info "

Sabotage
01-22-2008, 01:18 AM
... oops?

Sabotage
01-22-2008, 01:25 AM
Hey, how do I send back my fender? It was working well today, then later tonight it started going out. I can't strum up and sometimes I can't strum down. Bass I know you sent yours back, can you help?

Bassani
01-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Hey, how do I send back my fender? It was working well today, then later tonight it started going out. I can't strum up and sometimes I can't strum down. Bass I know you sent yours back, can you help?

1-650-628-1001 (http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/rockband.php)

Chenzo
01-22-2008, 11:28 AM

yeah... what bass said:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/rockband.php

just fill out the form... my return box is coming today...

then I guess I'll have a week or two of no fender - but I gots my Gibson to hold me over...

Bassani
01-22-2008, 04:30 PM
or ebay, lol

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=rock+band+guitar+xbox+360&category0=

Bassani
01-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Anyone know if a 1/8" Plug to Mono 1/8" Jack with Shielded Cable will substitute as one of the headset adapters? I lost one and need another in case the other one gets lost or breaks or w/e. I cant find any replacement ones anywhere.

Sabotage
01-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks guys, my replacement stuff should be on it's way now.

DatGuy
01-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Anyone know if a 1/8" Plug to Mono 1/8" Jack with Shielded Cable will substitute as one of the headset adapters? I lost one and need another in case the other one gets lost or breaks or w/e. I cant find any replacement ones anywhere.

did you phone into support?

Bassani
01-23-2008, 02:34 AM
The # listed above is only for warranty stuff and I dont know of any other #s to try.

[SS]Showstoper
01-23-2008, 09:09 AM
I don't know if anyone here subscribes to OXM Magazine, but the disc this month came with three free Rockband downloads...VERY COOL...the songs were great also...FYIspinningde

Bassani
01-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Yea, how does that work? You get the disc to be able to DL them and then can play them with the regular game? Or you just play them on the demo disc?

Chenzo
01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
I was at the store last night and bought a rack copy of OXM just for the songs.

My guess is that they need to be downloaded from the disc onto the HD.

my question is "can I bring this disc over to my friend's houses and have them copy the stuff off too?"

Bassani
01-23-2008, 11:53 AM
I wouldnt see why not, unless there is a way to track each and every single disc they put out

DatGuy
01-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Pass it around if it works chenz...we could have a mailing list...lol

on a side note I DL'd the Oasis pack last night...its great...the songs arent overly hard but are VERY fun to play...

heres me playing wonderwall...it was my first run on it

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v231/luffmana/?action=view&current=Wonderwallmov.flv

[SS]Showstoper
01-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Yea, how does that work? You get the disc to be able to DL them and then can play them with the regular game? Or you just play them on the demo disc?

Yep, u get the OXM disc, u download them onto ur HD and then u use ur RB game to jam out...COOL...If u don't want to pay the price for the mag and disc, I'll be more than happy to UPS it to you, it's already downloaded on my HD, so I don't need the disc anymore...Interested?
Only thing is, I do not if it's a one time thing or if it can be DL more than once...confusedsm

Chenzo
01-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I installed them last night.

I'll have Tech or Rator try installing them... I don't think there's gonna be any problem with doing it.

[SS]Showstoper
01-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Hey DatGuy, after we got done last night jamming out, I kept playing for about another hour, could'nt put my gueetah down...I felt like a puss on medium compare to ur expert level...Bassani, I tried jumping in on ur band, but I was denied quicker than a hooker applying for a job at weinerschnitzel...get it weinerschnitzel...sillysmile

Later, Dudes

Sabotage
01-24-2008, 06:55 PM
lol Showstopper you're too much.

[SS]Rator
01-24-2008, 07:07 PM
lol , nice sig sab!

Bassani
01-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Wonder if they have a replacement plan for drum sticks, its their fault for putting Ride the Lightning in the game.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SS_Bassani/RockBand072.jpg

Sabotage
01-27-2008, 02:35 PM
lol , nice sig sab! lol thanks, you like? I prolly need to add some <1> stuff on it though. winksmiley

BTW Rator made my new sig, and it's awesome!

Bassani
01-27-2008, 02:49 PM
what sig? all I see is a mygamercard.net thing, saw a normal sig the other day but not now.

[SS]Showstoper
01-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Wonder if they have a replacement plan for drum sticks, its their fault for putting Ride the Lightning in the game.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SS_Bassani/RockBand072.jpg

You must've been banging the hell out of those drums in order to do that....I found this website in case you want to replace them with even cooler drumsticks...Check it out...

dancingban

http://www.amazon.com/MTV-Games-Rock-Band-Drumstick/dp/B000XZFWPA

Bassani
01-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by El ShowstoppeR
You must've been banging the hell out of those drums in order to do that

Who me? Me bang the hell out of my drums? Ya right! Ok, well maybe. Ok fine, I was, but thats what they are for, right?

Sabotage
01-27-2008, 08:24 PM
lol ok here's the story, we just got finished playing Welcome Home (the same night where we almost got 2 mill) I requested we play ...And Justice for All. Throughout the song I can hear Bass pounding the shit out of his drums then we hit the ending. There's this pause and I hear..... "ok I just broke my sticks" When I heard that I was rolling on the ground because I was laughing so freaking hard. It was funny because of the long pause before he said that.

DatGuy
01-27-2008, 09:04 PM
just go to a music store and pick up some replacements

Bassani
01-28-2008, 01:31 AM
lol Sab, I guess it was AJfA, thought it was RtL cuz I played the shit out of it. Oh well, lol.

Chenzo
01-28-2008, 10:22 AM
yeah... drum sticks'll cost ya $5-10

(Buy thicker ones, I think.)

Sabotage
01-28-2008, 12:25 PM
yeah... drum sticks'll cost ya $5-10

(Buy thicker ones, I think.) Well apparently most real sticks are thicker. But thicker might also make your pads even louder lol.

Chenzo
01-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah... but thicker will last longer...

usually when I would break sticks, it would be the tip that would come off - from repeated sideways dings to the cymbols...

The only time I broke them in half was when I was using defective sticks and it happened almost immediately.

Deadshooter
01-28-2008, 02:37 PM
can you use regular drum sticks because i have some of them. im thinkning about getting the game just not sure if i want this or guitar hero 3

DatGuy
01-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Deadshooter
can you use regular drum sticks because i have some of them. im thinkning about getting the game just not sure if i want this or guitar hero 3

get rockband, it has everything guitar hero offers plus SO MUCH MORE

and yes you use real drum sticks, the game ships with real sticks

Sabotage
01-28-2008, 05:39 PM
get rockband, it has everything guitar hero offers plus SO MUCH MORE

and yes you use real drum sticks, the game ships with real sticks Yes agreed!

Bassani
01-29-2008, 04:15 AM
I could care less about real sticks, real being the ones for real drums being louder, IMO, the louder, the better.

Bassani
01-30-2008, 08:23 AM
OK, so I get new sticks, which I LOVE, they feel so much better despite being a tad heavier.........

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/SeaSniper/RockBand074.jpg

And then this happens while playing Ride the Lightning with Hasha last night about 75% through........

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/SeaSniper/RockBand073.jpg

Chenzo, on that pedal mod, what would it cost to do another with the pedal n all?

BTW, these sticks were $8 plus tax.

Chenzo
01-30-2008, 12:12 PM
For the record, 1st Digital Orchestra (http://www.rockband.com/bands/1st_digital_orchestra) now has 25 million fans... I think it might actually be around 29, but it takes so long for the website to update. I want them to have the custom logos start showing up... perhaps a few more stats... I saw an interview where the guy was saying the site will be a huge part of the experience.

Chenzo, on that pedal mod, what would it cost to do another with the pedal n all?

a bit of money...

decent bass pedals are gonna run you $75+ easy. And I got my bass pad for like $40 from Guitar Center but it was a floor model.

The electronics cost only like $8...

do the warranty thing again and have them send you a new pedal... the second generation ones supposedly are better.

DatGuy
01-30-2008, 01:45 PM
I will call Bass, Stompy McStomp

Chenzo
01-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Stompy McStompsalot

ftfy

Bassani
01-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Damn, Im so pissed about this game, I mean it fun n all, but everything but the microphone has broke on me and Im sure thats cuz Ive hardly used it. The drum pads work only part of the time, my sticks broke, my guitar broke and the replacement makes noises. I think Ima call and complain. I mean, am I goint to have to mod the whole set so it can handle the abuse of playing a video game? Why cant thay just have done that to begin with. Wonder how much $ they are loosing out on.

Chenzo, you have your new pedal back yet? Is it any better then the 1st one? That is if you even used the replacement, lol.

I wasnt even stomping either though, just lightly hitting it, I only hit the pads hard, lol.

Chenzo
01-30-2008, 03:36 PM
I did get my replacement pedal, and yes it worked better (before I replaced it with ghetto.)

My pedal broke at the same spot too.

And for the record, hitting the drum pads hard causes them to not register the next hits (since the pad doesn't come back up fast enough to register the next hit.)

DatGuy
01-30-2008, 03:39 PM
I did get my replacement pedal, and yes it worked better (before I replaced it with ghetto.)

And for the record, hitting the drum pads hard causes them to not register the next hits (since the pad doesn't come back up fast enough to register the next hit.)

that is true, I play with a feather touch and they seem very responsive that way

Bassani
01-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Ya, but I only drum on Med, lmao.

DatGuy
01-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Ya, but I only drum on Med, lmao.

but green grass on medium is still a chore although I did pretty good on it last night

Bassani
01-30-2008, 04:02 PM
but green grass on medium is still a chore although I did pretty good on it last night

Ya, I still cant get through that on Med. :(

Bassani
01-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Found a nice custom painted Strat on ebay for the PS3. Came out nice, not a fan of the apple green color though. The auction ended too, just thought Id share the pic I found thats all, lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Hand-Painted-ROCK-BAND-Guitar-Controller-PS3_W0QQitemZ110218260704QQihZ001QQcategoryZ147177 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sabotage
01-30-2008, 07:43 PM

And for the record, hitting the drum pads hard causes them to not register the next hits (since the pad doesn't come back up fast enough to register the next hit.) Mine started to crack in the same place yours did but I realized it was because I was putting all the pressure of my foot there, you have to step on the pedal near the top and it wont break anymore.

[SS]Showstoper
01-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Ya, I still cant get through that on Med. :(

I'm stuck on the grass song in medium, solo tour also...What I do is go to practice mode and pick whatever song I wanna play that way, gets me ready for when I play online, gotta warm up you know...Hey Bassani, you're having all sorts of bad luck with your set, hope it works out in the end...

Sabotage
01-31-2008, 02:00 AM
I'm stuck on the grass song in medium, solo tour also...What I do is go to practice mode and pick whatever song I wanna play that way, gets me ready for when I play online, gotta warm up you know...Hey Bassani, you're having all sorts of bad luck with your set, hope it works out in the end... Bassani is just bad luck himself.... ha ha joke joke.

hmmm I don't know why but I found green grass to be rather easy on med and hard, but that could just be because I am a kick ass drummer.

Chenzo
01-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Yeah...

I actually am stuck on the Vaseline on hard solo drum tour...

I've FIVE starred EVERYTHING else... even Green Grass... (Which is in the same set as Vaseline.)

can't even get to like 20% on that fucking Stone Temple Pilots song...

WTF?

it fills me with RAGE.

how many songs you guys up to total? I'm at 83 as of last night.

Deadshooter
01-31-2008, 12:26 PM
man i really want to get this. i wish i wasnt broke.

anyone want to help me buy one.??

lol

Bassani
01-31-2008, 01:23 PM
If I hit the lottery and come away with 1 mill Ill buy you a set.

On the other hand, I decide to call up EA a little bit ago, I ask them what is the deal with all the faulty parts and stuff, I replaced a guitar for one to come back and it rattles inside and the upstrum is failing out already. I broke a set of sticks, a kick pedal, faulty drum pads, and my mic doesnt always work with the instruments. He said the 2nd gen guitars rattle inside but no word has come that they fail yet. He had no answers on why the other stuff breaks so easy. For the sticks and mic ( headset ) He said he was going to send me a free set of sticks along with a new USB hub, I guess the mic adapters come along with the hub. Still nothing for the problems with all the stuff though. You would think that maybe they would give something out for having to deal with the problems, idk, like guitar skins or free DLC or something.

At least they replace the stuff and are cool about replacing the faulty stuff, still though, it shouldnt have been made so cheap, especially the drum stuff, I mean they expect ppl to not beat on the drums? IDK about the pedal though, thats one thing I was pretty easy on. Guess I have to save and mod everything, lol

DatGuy
01-31-2008, 03:20 PM
DLC for march

http://kotaku.com/350962/rock-band-dlc-for-march-outlined-in-latest-oxm

March 4 - Thrash Pack
At The Gates: Blinded By Fear
Evile: Thrashes
The Haunted: Shadow World

March 11
Bad Company: Shooting Star (COVER)
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Simple Man
The Police: Message in a Bottle

March 18 - NIN Pack
Nine Inch Nails: March of the Pigs
Nine Inch Nails: The Collector
Nine Inch Nails: The Perfect Drug

March 25 - Metal Pack
Iron Maiden: Wrathchild (COVER)
Black Sabbath: Supernaut (COVER)
Metallica: Fuel

Bassani
01-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Ya, I saw that on the SH boards too, guess the guy who posted it saw it in OXM

Chenzo
01-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Good stuff in there...

is there a master list somewhere with all the songs listed?

What comes out in Feb?

Chenzo
01-31-2008, 03:48 PM
nm, I made a list in my forums that I'm going to try to keep updated

http://www.1stdigitalinfantry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4732

Bassani
01-31-2008, 03:54 PM
IDK what comes out in Feb, but I did find this from Score Hero, IDK how accurate it is though.

http://www.djcardshark.com/rbsonglist/masterlist.htm

Chenzo
01-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Now that I think about it, I betcha we get the Who or Nirvana album over the course of Feb.

Chenzo
01-31-2008, 04:38 PM
WTF!?

Blinded By Fear:

http://www.cs.umu.se/~c02lcr/mp3/blinded%20by%20fear.mp3

drums = fucking hard

singing = holy fucking shit hard!

guitar/bass = sound vicious, but prolly not that bad.

EDIT:

All three NIN songs are going to be a bitch to play on the drums... non stop...

Bassani
01-31-2008, 05:15 PM
Yea, thatll be fun.

Hey, didja see I finally got my 100% Bass ups only, lol

Chenzo
01-31-2008, 05:25 PM
Hey, didja see I finally got my 100% Bass ups only, lol

as a matter of fact, I did.

heh... I keep meaning to try it, but then...

well...

beer.

Bassani
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
lol, I got it on Say it aint so, Mississippi Queen is pretty damn easy too.

Do you remember what one you got it on for lead?

Chenzo
02-01-2008, 11:45 AM
lol, I got it on Say it aint so, Mississippi Queen is pretty damn easy too.

Do you remember what one you got it on for lead?

I have no idea... it was the first night we were playing Band World Tour...

I remember seeing it go 'ding', but I was kinda drunk.

Bassani
02-01-2008, 08:58 PM
lol, hey, I was just thinking, besides price on parts, how hard do you think it would be to do a dual pedal setup?

Sabotage
02-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Metallica: Fuel Alright I'm PISSED SCREAMYGUY off who in the fuck picks the songs to come out on Rock Band?! I want to know so I can release my anger and show them what real music really is. Don't get me wrong I am a die hard Metallica fan and I love all of their songs but when you have all these good ones to choose... why choose this one. I specifically said, before RB came out, as long as they don't release anything after the black album I'll be happy, WHAT THE FUCK!!! I can think of tons of songs off the top of my head that would be ten times more fun to play and would be great for all of the instruments: Dyers Eve, Master of Puppets, Damage Inc. I can go on forever but I won't.

Rant over now I must go blow off some steam.

[SS]Showstoper
02-03-2008, 02:51 AM
I bought the Metallica Pack, the song ...And Justice For All, I played it on medium and scored almost 200,000 pts...Just wanted to brag about it a bit...I know some of ya'll are playing it on expert, but hey, that's me...dancingban

Bassani
02-03-2008, 03:17 AM
Thats the song I broke a stick on, broke the pedal on Ride the Lightning. Wonder what Blackened is going to break!

Sabotage
02-03-2008, 03:34 AM
Thats the song I broke a stick on, broke the pedal on Ride the Lightning. Wonder what Blackened is going to break! Your fingers!

Bassani
02-03-2008, 07:23 AM
LMAO Sab, nice sig too. thumbsup

EDIT: Damnit, you have a rotating one. The one with the US flag in the background.

Sabotage
02-03-2008, 02:49 PM
LMAO Sab, nice sig too. thumbsup

EDIT: Damnit, you have a rotating one. The one with the US flag in the background. Thanks, I made a few last night so there should be some others in the rotation also.

Chenzo
02-04-2008, 11:23 AM
http://www.1stdigitalinfantry.com/chenzo/rockband/gs_sandman.jpg

GOLD STAR'D BITCHES. (Crappy cell phone pic)

heh...

it's a shame, we've gold starred so many, but they're always during a multisong set and you only get a few seconds to get a picture of it.

Jiggity Jig (http://www.rockband.com/bands/1st_digital_orchestra) - 35 million fans, over 1000 stars total.

It's going to take Rator and I forever to get thru everything... we get about 25-35 songs done every friday night. 90% of the time we 5 star them, 5% of the time we gold star them, and 5% of the time I fuck it all up and we get 4 stars (and therefore less fans...)

Bassani
02-04-2008, 12:35 PM
When do you guys get to the endless setlist? Too bad you didnt do upstrum only too, lol.

How bout that double pedal thing, think its hard to do to get it so there are 2 different pedals that dont interfere with each other.

[SS]Showstoper
02-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I know this wishful thinking is way too early, but hopefully when the next RB comes out, it will give you the option of completing a world tour with a band that you start online with....Hmmmm....

Bassani
02-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Forgot where I saw it, it wasnt confirmed either, but somewhere I saw something about possibly in the spring of 08 it might be online. Think I saw it on Scorehero from OXM or something.

Chenzo
02-04-2008, 02:04 PM
When do you guys get to the endless setlist? Too bad you didnt do upstrum only too, lol.

It's been unlocked since we got into the hall of fame. about a month ago. But we've got to block out about 7 hours of continuous playtime to be able to play thru all 58 songs.

My fender showed up this morning, so hopefully, when I get home from work, I'll find out if the strumming works.

the problem with the endless set list is we want to do it on Expert and we still can't beat Green Grass...

(Altho, my brother, who will be coming over the for the ESL party, got to 98% on Green Grass... he panicked at the end and and fucked it up... SOLO BUTTONS FTW.)

I think I could upstrum this one. It's REALLY easy on expert bass. There's a couple of jiggity jigs in there, but it's not hard at all.

How bout that double pedal thing, think its hard to do to get it so there are 2 different pedals that dont interfere with each other.

They sell single bass drum, double bass pedals (http://www.samash.com/catalog/categorysub.asp?CategorySubID=30&departmentid=4&sourcetype=categorysearch), but none of the songs in RB require it.

I know this wishful thinking is way too early, but hopefully when the next RB comes out, it will give you the option of completing a world tour with a band that you start online with....Hmmmm....

We're not going to see it in Rock Band, I don't think. We'll have to wait for RB2.

Bassani
02-04-2008, 02:07 PM
So in the ESL, you cant save, you have to play it all in one shot or loose your save?

DatGuy
02-04-2008, 02:09 PM
well I dont know if any of you guys saw this, but my buddy works as a programmer at psuedo interactive and he also loves rock band...so much so that he created a wicked program for the drums with the PC

http://andrewrudson.com/main.php

Bassani
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
BTW Chenz, The reason I was asking about a double pedal is cuz I cant keep up with the kick on a bunch of the songs, so I was thinking about a double kick setup. I knew about the real pedals being avail as duals, but I didnt know how hard it would be to do the mod, especially seeing as how I always keep my foot down til its time to hit. I didnt know if there was a way to have a 2 pedal setup without them conflicting with each other circut wise.

DatGuy
02-04-2008, 02:30 PM
bass, I would just suggest learning the one pedal, they made it so you dont need a double kick...and with a double kick it would be even harder to try and co-ordinate both feet instead of just the one

Chenzo
02-04-2008, 02:39 PM
bass, I would just suggest learning the one pedal, they made it so you dont need a double kick...and with a double kick it would be even harder to try and co-ordinate both feet instead of just the one

QFT.

Double Bass is FUCKING HARD. Learn with the single pedal. You'll be able to do it.

Do you play heal up or down?

So in the ESL, you cant save, you have to play it all in one shot or loose your save?

It's one setlist. You can't save it or stop... you can only pause it.

58 songs.

in a row.

on expert.

sheesh.

Chenzo
02-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Oh, and Rator:

http://www.rockband.com/leaderboards?page=26&lb_platform=xbox&lb_type=band&lb_score=bandbyfans

as of this posting, we're at 529 out of 100000+ bands...

We gotta close out Rome this friday.

DatGuy
02-04-2008, 03:43 PM
I want band world tour online....I have no RL friends shiftyeyes

Chenzo
02-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I want band world tour online....I have no RL friends shiftyeyes

So do I...

but Friday night 'band practice' is good for my soul. I NEED it...

reminds me of golf...

I don't think about ANYTHING cept rock band while we're playing.

[SS]Showstoper
02-04-2008, 11:42 PM
I finally open up the next setlist after I pass the Green Grass and High Tides, (Hope I said that right)...When it got hard I hit all the red and yellow notes and occasionally hit the bass pedal...BTW I did it on medium...Me too, wish I had someone to come over and finish this World Band tour also, Oh well...I guess Jessica Simpson is too busy...

Chenzo
02-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Guitar String Mod:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oBURxEFsXB0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oBURxEFsXB0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

interesting.

UGLY, but interesting. Might be good for real guitarists that need to hold a pick.