PDA

View Full Version : Graw 2 Single Player ***WOW***

[SS]RedRocket[r]
06-13-2007, 09:45 AM
I just wanted to post up for anyone who hasn't played it. I thoroughly enjoy the multiplayer portion of the game. It is everything I wish socom would be minus a few small flaws, but yesterday I started the campaign mode and I couldn't stop playing it. I played it for about 7 hours straight. I never purchase games for single player any longer and I normally do not play single player portions of the games I purchase BUT and this is a BIG but, I am enjoying this one. So I reccommed it to anyone who has the game and hasn't played it or possibly thinking about picking it up. It should definitly be one on the video game shelf.

[SS]Grifter
06-13-2007, 10:00 AM
I just picked it up and did the training and one or two of the first missions. It's not bad. it's really not anything different from the GRAW single player game that I can see so far.

[SS]RedRocket[r]
06-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Grifter
I just picked it up and did the training and one or two of the first missions. It's not bad. it's really not anything different from the GRAW single player game that I can see so far.

Ya I have Graw also and I like I said I never really play single player games any longer, so I haven't played graw's single player. But if it's anything like graw2's single player Im gonna play it after I finish this one.

Chenzo
06-13-2007, 10:29 AM
//THREADJACK

You xbox types should check out the OVERLORD demo - there's a PC version I just tried - seems like it could be VERY entertaining.

//END THREADJACK

[SS]RedRocket[r]
06-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Chenzo
//THREADJACK

You xbox types should check out the OVERLORD demo - there's a PC version I just tried - seems like it could be VERY entertaining.

//END THREADJACK

Lol Chenzo I like the Threadjack quotes. Im gonna look at it on the comp here in a sec see if its something I would like

Chenzo
06-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by xXxFocuzedxXx
Lol Chenzo I like the Threadjack quotes. Im gonna look at it on the comp here in a sec see if its something I would like

heh, sorry... but you reminded me that it was out for the xbox...

http://www.codemasters.com/overlord/

and I got great download speeds from here:

http://fangaming.com/gameinfo.php?gameid=335#Demo

it's kinda large (1.06 gigs.)

DatGuy
06-13-2007, 02:29 PM
yeah I like the single player in this, I finished it on the Guarded Risk, and Im a little ways into Elevated risk

[SS]RedRocket[r]
06-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Ya I just finished the 2nd act on guarded and Im having a blast

[SS]TuefelHunden
06-13-2007, 02:45 PM
What are you two even doing in the public forums?

[SS]Midnight
06-13-2007, 03:18 PM
GRAW2 is a very fun game. I am loving it. But it is not really that close to SOCOM style action. for one the movement is all "splashy". the OTS bob cam sucks. Sure it has a realistic look to it...if you want to be a combat cameraman...

The game is still VERY fun. I love how there are hundreds of options for game types. And the host controls are awesome!

.random.
06-16-2007, 03:54 AM
i had fun playing scenarios, but overall i didn't think the game was that great. It was alright, but I just dont really like the control style. I prefer the Rainbow 6 or Gears style. Seems like the controls are a little unsure in their response.

[SS]SportoFu
06-17-2007, 12:19 AM
I couldn't stop playing the single player campaign. Finished it on elevated risk which wasn't that hard except for a few spots I got pwned pretty good, like a noob.

Haven't played the multiplayer too much, since I usually just played single player after the rest of the guys went to bed, or went onto forza.

Hey, remember when you guys DIDN'T have forza and after practice we'd play graw2. Yeah, that was sweet. . . .

[SS]TeeToe
06-17-2007, 05:21 AM
Sporto-

I'll play Graw 2 with you anytime. Here's who has it now:

Bassani
Frost
Sportofu
Grifter
Midnight
Wally
RedReocket
MiniMeat
Teetoe
Tuefulhunden

We should be able to get a decent room going on a Tuesday or Saturday night.

[SS]Grifter
06-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Ok, so after finishing the game inside of probably 4 or 5 hour (if that), I don't care for it.

It's about half as long as the original GRAW game, and not nearly as hard on it's "Normal" mode setting.

I haven't played it online yet, and not sure that I will play it much online.

They still haven't changed the cover system. I hate it. Any time you get close to or next to a wall, you go right into the cover system. How about this - let ME decide when I want to fucking take cover! There's a novel idea! I was feeling like Spiderman on a bad sticky day. You have to walk far enough away from a wall, in the open where you're an easy target, instead of being able to hug the wall and still move.

Duh- Umm.

If you don't have it - rent it.

[SS]TeeToe
06-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Grifter-

There is NO cover system on the online play. It is like Socom in that respect. Hug a wall without sticking to it.

Tyler

[SS]Grifter
06-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by [SS]TeeToe
Grifter-

There is NO cover system on the online play. It is like Socom in that respect. Hug a wall without sticking to it.

Tyler

That was a big complaint from the forst game. No online cover system.

[SS]Midnight
06-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Grifter
That was a big complaint from the forst game. No online cover system. I'm not complaining. It's the "splashy" movement that I do not like.

Everyone said that the demo sucked and that the game was different. They all lied to me. The game is just like the demo. Splashy movement and all.

Despite that fact I still have a lot of fun with this game online. For me, playing modes against the AI are just as fun as playing against real players. The fact that there seems to be more modes than I have fingers is pretty dang awesome. This was how the PC version was back when I played it on the PC.

What I dislike most about this game are the Drones. Drones = GPS = thumbsdown .

What I like most about this game is the coop modes. They are very fun and there are a lot of modes using the AI.

.random.
06-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I HATE the cover system. I agree that they should let ME decide to take cover or not.