PDA

View Full Version : Ut 3

Chenzo
05-07-2007, 05:03 PM
http://www.unrealtournament3.com/

Nice... the "other" engine (Quake, HL, and now UT)

[SS]Midnight
05-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Chenzo
http://www.unrealtournament3.com/

Nice... the "other" engine (Quake, HL, and now UT)
Now?

UT came out before Quake I think. If not then it came out pretty close to the same time. UT was my first online shooter that I got involved with. At the time I thought it was one of the best games out there. The UT engine is actually used in some other existing games. One or more of the Tom Clancy games uses that engine currently.

I am actually looking forward to how UT3 will turn out.

Sabotage
05-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Made by the guys who did Gears of War? Must be good then.

[SS]Chief
05-08-2007, 01:55 AM
Looks good.....

Chenzo
05-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Midnight
Now?

UT came out before Quake I think. If not then it came out pretty close to the same time. UT was my first online shooter that I got involved with. At the time I thought it was one of the best games out there. The UT engine is actually used in some other existing games. One or more of the Tom Clancy games uses that engine currently.

I am actually looking forward to how UT3 will turn out.

Oh, yeah... I wasn't commenting on the ORDER, but that Quake's new engine is out (Doom3, Quake4, Prey, etc...) and HL's engine is out (HL2, CS:S, DOD:S, etc...)

and now we get the full on Unreal Engine... which is my favorite... and yeah, I beleive R6:V is a version of this engine, but it's all chopped to shit. I want the awesome visuals WITH the awesome server controls.

(Remember automatic map downloading with redirect in RvS? That shit was hawt... so if put a custom map on the server and a player didn't have it, it would redirect them to our webserver, auto download it, unpack/install it and then push them into the game... THAT'S the way online games should work.)

[SS]Midnight
05-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Chenzo
Oh, yeah... I wasn't commenting on the ORDER, but that Quake's new engine is out (Doom3, Quake4, Prey, etc...) and HL's engine is out (HL2, CS:S, DOD:S, etc...)Oh.
regularsmi

I beleive R6:V is a version of this engine, but it's all chopped to shit. I want the awesome visuals WITH the awesome server controls. How is it chopped?

(Remember automatic map downloading with redirect in RvS? That shit was hawt... so if put a custom map on the server and a player didn't have it, it would redirect them to our webserver, auto download it, unpack/install it and then push them into the game... THAT'S the way online games should work.) cheerleade OH HECK YA!!! cheerleade
I ran a small UT server and that part was AWESOME! I also liked the CSHP (Client Side Hack Protection).

Chenzo
05-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Midnight
How is it chopped?

For the PC version there was no Stand Alone server nor any of the remote server controls (and none of the autodownload shizzie...)

[SS]TuefelHunden
05-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Yes, from Splinter Cell to Harry Potter and a host of others in between, they all use the Unreal Engine. Unreal Tournament 3 will ship with the third installment of the Unreal Engine which powerd their most popular hit, Gears of War. Getting this amazing engine for free is the main reason that I will be buying this game when it comes out. They are already working on Unreal Engine 4 actually as I heard from Michael Capps, the President and CEO of Epic Games, while I was at the Game Developers Exchange in Savannah a few weeks ago.