PDA

View Full Version : How to report a cheater....

[SS]Arkangel
11-20-2003, 12:09 AM
I found this on a messageboard....I don't know how true it is:

How to report a cheater that is online on socom 2:

Write down the name the way it is spelled, and the name of the server and report it to webmasterplaystation.sony.com
to report cheaters in the room. In the subject line put 'socom 2 online cheating' and Sony will fix it soon as possable. If you want more info call Sony at 1-800-345-7669 and press 0 and ask to speak to a person on socom 2 cheating online.

I got all that from the official Socom 2 boards on Sony's site.

Keep the following in mind when reporting someone:

-Invisibility is a glitch
-Someone with alot of kills is probably just better than you
-Sometimes the score glitches
-There is no invincibility, you just can't aim
-The only codes that are said to work are Infinite Ammo, Infinite Grenades, and No recoil. NOTHING ELSE.
-You can always vote off a cheater, as noone is making any codes for this game, especially not a vote boot one.
-Only report someone if you are sure they are cheating with one of the above codes.
-If someone is glitching or getting alot of kills, and they say they are cheating, you might as well report them, just to teach them a lesson.

I dunno. I guess it is a judgment call. DON'T FLOOD THEM WITH CALLS. Gamefaqs causes game company phone lines so much grief.

[SS]Dr.Who
11-20-2003, 09:03 AM
So if they already acknowledge some codes to work... I have 4 thoughts..........
1) Guess the DNAS is non effective.
2) What is to stop new codes from being made now?
3) They know they will not be able to stop cheaters or they wouldnt have a hotline and procedure for reporting what is NOT supposed to be able to happen.
4) FUCK!!!!

[SS]Cuervo
11-21-2003, 11:04 AM
one question.. if you are gonna test to see if any codes work.. aren't the 4 that do work the 1st 4 you would try?

[SS]SportoFu
11-21-2003, 04:32 PM
It's to my belief that they can patch the DNAS. This is why there is a hotline. You report.....they patch.

[SS]Informer
11-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Hi. I dont know if anyone is aware of or has seen this happen before on fishhook. I dont know if it is a glitch that is just a normal problem. I have seen someone so far out in the ocean that you cant shoot them but they can shoot you. As in the map boundries shield your bullets but not theirs and they are outside the map bourder. I do not know if there is a glitch to get outside on purpose but it could also be a bug such as a score glitch.
Maybe some of you know what this thing is. If not i could call scea and ask them what it may be.

[SS]CJ
11-22-2003, 12:08 AM
Informer, The point you brought up makes me think back to a SOCOM 2 lobby conversation that I witnessed about 3 days ago. There were 3 or 4 ppl talking about cheating. They were sayin stuff like, "How do I cheat" One guy starts saying he knows how you can pad your score/rank. Someone bit and they went and made a room. I didn't go in the room but I looked at it and it was fish hook. Makes me scratch my head and wonder.

[SS]Informer
11-22-2003, 04:47 PM

Badger
11-22-2003, 05:47 PM
I think its all fine and dandy that we can talk about how to report a cheater or what they are doing. However I don't believe that Rator or the Sea Snipers intended this forum to be used to teach anyone how to cheat. I apologize if I'm speaking out of line however I know that the Sea Snipers hold the same disgust for cheating as us Wolfhounds do and we wouldn't appreciate this on our public forums.

[SS]SportoFu
11-22-2003, 06:20 PM
You are NOT out of line at all Badger. I DO like to know what cheats can be used against me, but I don't need details on how to do it myself, or something to do if I'm "bored".
Good to see ya Badger, long time no see.

Badger
11-22-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by [SS]SportoFu
Good to see ya Badger, long time no see.

Thanks Sporto, I've been around why don't you guys come on over for a visit to West 5 we normally always have at least one room up.

[SS]SportoFu
11-22-2003, 07:53 PM
I dropped by there for a game today, but I only got one map in before I had to take off. I'll be online a bit more after tonight so I WILL see you around. ;)