PDA

View Full Version : Iv

Chenzo
03-29-2007, 10:46 PM
IV (http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html)

Sabotage
03-30-2007, 01:06 AM
That looks frigging sweet man!

Chenzo
03-30-2007, 09:23 AM
NYC, baby... it's about time.

PS3 only? Anyone know?

[SS]Rator
03-30-2007, 10:42 AM
both next gen i heard.

[SS]Frost
03-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Its for both. I heard the 360 version will have downloadable content.

WEEZER
04-16-2007, 01:24 PM
F&B school bus drive by on SS turf!!! whipsmiley

[SS]Rator
04-16-2007, 01:30 PM
lol, i'm at Juliet...:O

WEEZER
04-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
lol, i'm at Juliet...:O

a1surprise laffyguy we've had keyboard training since then haha winksmiley

[SS]Wally
04-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by WEEZER
F&B school bus drive by on SS turf!!! whipsmiley

Them's there fightin' words 'round my parts.

[SS]Rator
04-16-2007, 03:48 PM
lol we fought already.

[SS]Wally
04-16-2007, 04:16 PM
NOT WITH ME bigcry3

[SS]Rator
04-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I fight with you everyday!IMMADATYOU

[SS]TuefelHunden
04-17-2007, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by WEEZER
a1surprise laffyguy we've had keyboard training since then haha winksmiley

bigclap whistler

Sabotage
04-28-2008, 02:30 AM
So Bassani and I were watching someone stream the gameplay. All I have to say is OMFG IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

The GFX were just ridiculous and the sound was superb.

Bassani
04-28-2008, 04:15 AM
Yea, it was good. Too bad my local EB wont have it till Tues. No MN release for me :(

Sabotage
04-28-2008, 12:13 PM
There's probably a MN release here but I'm not THAT big of a nerd.

[SS]Rator
05-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Ok, so sort of a spoiler here but, im about 30% done maybe a little less, and i'm at the point where a lawyer is supposed to call me (Mission is called "Final Interview") and i only get a message from the lawyer and never get to set up a meeting. I've googled it and seems lots of people have the same issue. Just wondering if anyone got there yet and had the same probs or if anyone knows how to get past this and get them to call.

Bassani
05-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Think you have to go to a internet cafe and submit a resume 1st, through an email I think it was, after that they should call...

[SS]Rator
05-05-2008, 05:24 PM
yep done that, they dont call. i heard you have to NOT save, i just turned autosave off and am trying again.

Sabotage
05-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Well there probably is a set date on when they normally set the interviews and you just sent in your app. shortly after the game devs set the date. They called me not 2 game hours after I sent my app. in. I think it might have been a Sunday, has a Sunday pasted since you sent in your app? If not wait until then and you may have a problem.

[SS]Rator
05-05-2008, 07:55 PM
ive done it on a weekend on a weekday, waited a week, did other missions (stole cars) and nothing. Lots of people in the same boat. I cant seem to trigger it to work again, i think it has something to do with the autosave feature which i will turn off if i have to restart my whole game. Fucking bullshit. 30% is a LOT of time in to have to restart.

Bassani
05-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Is your phone off? I'm around 70% done so I kinda forget exactly what I did. check your phone though, maybe you turned it off. I remember I turned mine off because I wanted to do other things and didnt want to do the interview right away, they called me like 100 times, lol. Anyway, thats the only thing I can think of. If anyone can find an Infernus, please let me know, I cant find one anywhere in SP. Another thing that kinda pisses me off is that there are no real garages where you can store 10 cars, just a dinky 2 spot area on the side of the road, wtf...

Sabotage
05-05-2008, 10:27 PM
If you have to start over I feel very sorry for you because 30% doesn't sound like much but GTA IV is a long game, which BTW is AWESOME!!!

Sabotage
05-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Best game release ever!!!
Take-Two coughed up Grand Theft Auto IV's first-week sales numbers early this morning, and as predicted, they're absolutely huge. The free-roaming crime drama racked up over $500 million in worldwide sales over its first week, setting a new record for interactive entertainment. The previous record holder, Halo 3, "only" mustered about $300 million.

GTA IV's whopping tally corresponds to about six million copies, of which a touch over half were sold on the game's April 29 launch day. In a press release, Take-Two's chairman, Strauss Zelnick, heralded the game's release as "the largest launch in the history of interactive entertainment" and went on to claim it has surpassed any movie or music launch to date.

We're not going to argue. Iron Man's May 2 launch, heralded as a tremendous success, sucked up about 100 million of our hard-earned dollars over the weekend, and even current box-office kingpin Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End sailed away with a mere $142 million. Even though GTA IV's producer, Leslie Benzies, was recently quoted in The Times estimating the game cost approximately $100 million to develop -- making it the most expensive game ever made -- today's announcement should put a smile on the face of every Take-Two employee.

Chenzo
05-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Damn... I don't get enough time to play this game, but I had a nice marathon session yesterday... started hitting missions that I needed to retry (due to failing them.)

I've got to get 1st place in that race with Brucie... it's inevitable that I'll be in the lead and some random car hits me sending me FLYING...

I've also got that chase the el-train bit... keep getting a little farther before I turn down a dead end and lose them... damn it.

I have to say I'm glad I got it. I was on the fence about it but it's god damned entertaining.

[SS]Wally
05-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Entertaining is the exact word. It is not my style of game at all, but when you come around the corner and see a cop chaising a dude on the sidewalk ENTERTAINING is where its at. My wife was sitting next to me watching me play the other day, and she hates the games I play.

[SS]Frost
05-12-2008, 04:09 PM
The train one is tricky Chenzo. I tried that one a lot of times. I was going the wrong way. It seems that the train goes to the left, but it doesn't. You have to take your first left and then take the next right and from there is easy to follow.

[SS]Rator
05-12-2008, 05:18 PM
i told you how t o do that one Chenz...

Soon as it starts, hit your map and zoom in all the way. The subway line will be slightly blueish. Set a waypoint as far down as you can while still keeping a route thats close to the train. When you hit your waypoint, go back to the map and set it again. Keep setting it so you know you have a good route to the train. Super easy once it did that. I had to set it like 3-4 times i think. Then i ran up and killed a bitch!

Sabotage
05-12-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm about 46% right now and I've been playing for awhile but not always story mode because I'm trying not to finish it to quickly so that I can have fun with it as long as possible. But yes this game is full of greatness and I would hope so knowing that this game has been worked on for 4 years with 40 people. It's also fun to take breaks and play some free mode with a bunch of friends wreaking havoc all over NY and taking a break from the story mode.

[SS]Rator
05-13-2008, 06:53 PM
This site has maps of lots of shit laying around, armor, pidgeons, health etc...

http://www.gtagaming.com/gtaiv/gamemaps

Sabotage
05-14-2008, 11:13 AM
The text message cars and unique stunt jumps can come in handy.

Bassani
05-14-2008, 12:22 PM
you can see those maps in game too. Go to a internet cafe, go to whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com and you can find that same info...

Sabotage
05-14-2008, 04:50 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/4902-Zero-Punctuation-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV

embed doesn't work.

Bassani
05-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Some of the damn achievements are pissing me off in this game, like the under the radar & walk free. Ive been under all 14 bridges IDK how many times and walked from 4 stars a # of times both in MP and SP modes, and still have yet to see the achievements, wtf???

Sabotage
05-14-2008, 06:53 PM
See bass you fucked up, when I went under the first bridge I paused and marked all of the bridges on a piece of paper then crossed them out as I went under. I'm doing the same with the stunt jumps and strangers.

Oh and there are sections of bridges that you have to fly under, like the same bridge but different parts of it. Try that.

Bassani
05-14-2008, 09:00 PM
I know dude, but there are 14 total bridges, Ive been in and out of each and every single section of a bridge that has multiple pillars even. Maybe Ill redo a new game at some point and try again, idk...

Ive been done with the story, so its basically free roam now anyway...

[SS]Rator
05-14-2008, 09:06 PM
do all the stranger missions.

Bassani
05-14-2008, 09:10 PM
yea, I still have yet to do those, I think Ive done like 4 or 5 of them so far...

Sabotage
05-15-2008, 03:27 AM
Have you done any of the text message cars? I found the first car but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it because it doesn't show a drop off point.

[SS]Rator
05-15-2008, 01:13 PM
you mean for Stevie? I had the same prob, i got his fucking car and i cant get in touch with him now. Also Bass, there are like 20 strangers i think.

Bassani
05-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Same prob here, found 1st car, no idea what to do with it. its gone now though, I may have to restart to find the car again, I know where it is, but its not there any more...

[SS]Shooter
05-15-2008, 04:51 PM
You take them to the spot on the map marked GARAGE. I think it's on the north side of the middle island.

http://http://pwnsu.com/img/gta4/maps/TextMessageCars.jpg

Hmm.. This wont show up in the post. http://pwnsu.com/img/gta4/maps/TextMessageCars.jpg

Bassani
05-15-2008, 05:09 PM
yea, thats cool, but, the 1st car, ( the Turismo ) isnt there anymore and Stevie isnt in my phone, so, yea...

I go to re read the msg and that doesnt do anything, so I think Im going to have to restart in order to do them because no other cars will show up, kinda gay...

Bassani
05-15-2008, 05:33 PM
ok, edit, I found the turismo again, dropped it off, but no more text msgs...

Sabotage
05-15-2008, 06:58 PM
lol yea bass I think it take about a day or so. I was just about to post the same thing shooter did. Yea the garage is located on Bohan right off of the bridge. I've done two cars already, the comet and the faggio. There is no "first" car, he picks them at random.

Chenzo
05-16-2008, 09:46 AM
THREE LEAF CLOVER.

mmmmmmmm... that mission just straight up kicked ass.

[SS]Rator
05-16-2008, 03:54 PM
From some GTA site...

"Videogamer.com managed to pin down David Reeves, President of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. They didn't beat about the bush and got straight to the point of asking him about the possibility of downloadable content for the PS3 version of GTA IV.

Reeves says that "you will probably see it" and that he believes that if it really is exclusive to Xbox 360 then he thinks "that's the last shot [Microsoft] have". His comments come just shortly after his company announced that PS3 is outselling Xbox 360 in Europe.

He also says that fans should email Rockstar with their thoughts rather than putting them to Sony, but it's possibly not going to be much use because he thinks that "they already are" working on DLC for the system.

More confusing news on this subject will follow until the day someone announces something concrete."

Could be good news for you PS3-ers.

Bassani
05-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Got my text cars done. If you are looking to try to get them done faster then its letting you, just go into save game ( your safe house and go to bed, lol ) after you save, another text should come right up.

Off to more strangers, jumps and pigeons now I guess

Thanks for the map Shooter, it helped quite a bit...

[SS]Midnight
05-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Was this thread posted?
http://www.wikicheats.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=344&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It says 'cheats' but that thread (at least) is just map location info. Supposed to be a real nice flash interactive map of the city (link is posted with in the thread), but I just get ablank page when I load it. Could be I don't have the right flash player on my laptop. I will check it on my PC later.

That thread also lists all the pigeons/flying rats/jumps/missions and more...

I did get thegame yesterday. But I have not had much time to do anything ather than roam aimlessly about.

Chenzo
05-19-2008, 10:11 AM
THIS

http://www.wikicheats.com/flash/gta4map/gta4_map_full.swf

best map I've seen to date. Easy to understand, with coordinates AND it zooms...

Sabotage
05-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Nice find guys, that map that you find on the internet in the game helps but it only gives you a small area of where shit is unlike this one giving you details.

Bassani
05-19-2008, 11:49 AM
THIS

http://www.wikicheats.com/flash/gta4map/gta4_map_full.swf

best map I've seen to date. Easy to understand, with coordinates AND it zooms...

Nice, but, what is what?

Chenzo
05-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Bassani;89247']Nice, but, what is what?

Green dots = Pigeons
Blue Dots = Cars to Steal
Pink Dots = Jumps

Bassani
05-19-2008, 01:39 PM
ahh cool, thx, I didnt notice if you hover over the dot that it gives you a little description.

[SS]Shooter
05-19-2008, 02:39 PM
I can't find a hooker? Does anyone have a good location/time so I can get Nico some?

[SSr]BenDover
05-19-2008, 02:41 PM
by brucies place they ar eall over! make sure you have a convertable when you do.

[SS]Grifter
05-19-2008, 03:24 PM
THREE LEAF CLOVER.

mmmmmmmm... that mission just straight up kicked ass.

I would have liked more of those.........maybe one on each island.........

Sabotage
05-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Finished the game two nights ago, I was pretty satisfied with the ending. I think I got side tracked while playing though because I didn't get my 30 hour achievement.

[SS]Shooter
05-19-2008, 04:24 PM
by brucies place they ar eall over! make sure you have a convertable when you do.

Me and Brucie, we destroy the chicks at the clubs!

What do the hookers look like? Are they out like at Midnight?

Bassani
05-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Yea Shooter, they are out late, skimpy clothes and stuff, any girl that you think might be a hooker, pull up about 10-20 ft from her and beep your horn, if she comes up to you, well then shes a hooker. It will tell you to hit your LB button to take her for a ride and you need to find a spot to take her that is away from everything

[SS]Rator
05-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Then you can pick like the $20, $50 or like $75 service lol...

also, if you get 2 lap dances from the same chick in a row without her leaving, she'll bring in another chick for your 3rd. too fucking funny.

Chenzo
05-19-2008, 04:38 PM
but pointless.

I suppose I'm a mission whore. Taxi to a mission, complete it, taxi to the next...

Bassani
05-19-2008, 04:53 PM
but pointless.

I suppose I'm a mission whore. Taxi to a mission, complete it, taxi to the next...

OMFG, when I got my 1/2 mill achievement, thats all I did too, lmfao

Sabotage
05-19-2008, 04:58 PM
I do that all the time and still have 800k. The most expensive cab ride I've had was only 92$ and that was across the entire three islands.

Or you do know that you can just call Roman if you don't want to pay for it?

[SS]Shooter
05-19-2008, 05:18 PM
I love the lap dances, the girl/girl third one is hot.

[SSr]BenDover
05-19-2008, 05:25 PM
i can never get them to do one. i tried takling michelle to the strip club on a date but i shot a guy and then she wouldnt talk to me.

[SS]Rator
05-19-2008, 05:36 PM
good tip for taxi ridin, when youre running for guns etc and youre just gonna run in quick and back out, as soon as you get out of the cab, hail it again, run in and get your shit, run back out, he's waiting.

Bassani
05-19-2008, 05:44 PM
i can never get them to do one. i tried takling michelle to the strip club on a date but i shot a guy and then she wouldnt talk to me.

Yea, dont do anything stupid with your GFs, lol. I lost Kiki ( Law Chick ) that way, lmfao

Sabotage
05-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I currently have 2 gfs but I used to have three until the story took one of them away, I have (Law Chick) and (SoBoHoe) right now. SoBoHoe is a bitch she just told me she was sleeping around and I still took her to dinner talk about whipped :whip2:

[SSr]BenDover
05-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Bassani;89281']Yea, dont do anything stupid with your GFs, lol. I lost Kiki ( Law Chick ) that way, lmfao

i stood her up on our first date so i dont think i can get her back. lmao!

Bassani
05-19-2008, 09:44 PM
oh man, shes a good one too, try to get her back, if you can and you get enough progress with her, you can call her to lower your stars if you get into it with the cops

Sabotage
05-20-2008, 01:45 AM
Yea seems like all of the GFs have some sort of perk, SoBoHoe gives you a health boost being that she is a nurse.

Chenzo
05-20-2008, 10:31 AM
wtf? I don't quite understand the whole dating chicks thing in the game. It's annoying and pointless. Most of the time I'm blowing off my r/l girl to play, so why the FUCK would I want to have to deal with virtual bitches complaining about me? Such a pointless 'feature'.

[SS]Frost
05-20-2008, 12:23 PM
I agree Chenz. If I want to date, I get the sims game.

[SS]Rator
05-20-2008, 12:56 PM
not pointless if there are perks. Kind of a cool bonus i guess. I hate having to maintain relationships in the game in general tho since i have to pick THEM up all the fucking time even when THEY call ME!

Chenzo
05-20-2008, 02:27 PM
right... and you get bonus's from yer friends. But the chicks give you nothing.

(Cept virtual herpes.)

Sabotage
05-20-2008, 05:52 PM
I got crabs but I don't think that has anything to do with the game.

[SS]Rator
05-22-2008, 02:24 PM
I beated it. It was awesome. You get an email when you beat it that has the link to that site with all of the maps of the hidden things like pidgeons and jumps and strangers etc. There are at least 20 strangers and some of them give you more than just 1 mission. So, theres a lot of shit still left to do.

Sabotage
05-22-2008, 05:44 PM
The map that chenzo posted (http://www.wikicheats.com/flash/gta4map/gta4_map_full.swf) is freaking awesome to. I use both the in game one and the swf file because the in game has streets and the swf gives you details on where everything is.

[SS]Wally
05-22-2008, 06:07 PM
I think you all would like the info HERE. (http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV) They have all the weapons, cars, and tons of info.

Sabotage
05-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Nice find Wally.