PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with in-game text messaging?

[SS]Arkangel
11-17-2003, 04:06 PM
Check out this link. I am gonna try it when I play tonight. But, I think to use the headset would just be a million times easier.

http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=36778&topic=11131144

JESS7
11-17-2003, 07:15 PM
That would be nice for people with mic problems. At least they could "voice" their opinions. lol

Weeper
11-18-2003, 08:17 AM
I read the thread.

What if you don't have a USB keyboard?

Does it work with the controller too?

Probably would be too slow if it did.

[SS]Steve-O
11-18-2003, 09:10 AM
I hate typing with my controller by the time I answer the subject that my "Yes", "No" answer is really for, people think its for the relevant topic, and not the one I ment it for.

[SS]Snakebite
11-18-2003, 09:40 AM
Sounds like that might come in handy for anyone who "misplaces" their mic. :)

Virus
11-18-2003, 09:55 AM
yeah its nice.. Because if some outside of the game pm's you, you can actually pm back..

[SS]ProXimo
11-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Too bad I got rid of my Sony USB keyboard. When I started using one, the mic quick working. When I don't use it the mic works. I tried this out to make sure for about 3 days and decided to turn it in.

[SS]CJ
11-18-2003, 12:19 PM
I messed around with the in game text all last night. The / or space bar will open up the text line (actually, pretty much any key will open it up, but why bother hitting the 7 key if you have to backspace anyways). It seems to work just like the mic. You can't text anybody from the opposing team. If you are alive, you can't text a dead person and vice versa. I didn't try to text someone in the lobby though. I forgot. I'll give that a try next time I'm on though.

I think the quotation marks are needed for every name. Here's an example:

/w "Rator" I'm your favorite right?

It will show up on Rator's screen in red and the person who sends it, it will show up in white letters.

If it doesn't go through for whatever reason, it will show up in blue lettering.

P.S. I don't know how to do the alternate characters though, because the onscreen keyboard doesn't show up for it.

<WH>Master
11-18-2003, 06:13 PM
thx for posting that, I never did know how to actually send something to someone