PDA

View Full Version : Web Pages

Tagger
01-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with the way web pages look on my monitor. The pages are too big for the screen. That's the best way I know to describe what it looks like.

I can't find the setting to correct it. Advice?

[SSr]LouSaynis
01-28-2007, 04:00 PM
press Ctrl -

that will reduce the magnification of the page

[SS]Chief
01-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by mackdaddywhite
press Ctrl -

that will reduce the magnification of the page

Wow.....very snazy...

Tagger
01-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks. That does work. But, I still need to figure out how to change the setting that controls how the pages are displayed.

On some pages, using the ctrl method makes the page smaller but it also makes for a grainy image.

[SS]SportoFu
01-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Did you try going into your display properties and changing your screen resolution?

Tagger
01-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Done, thanks Sport.

edit: I had the idea that the problem was something related to a web browser setting. I'll stop asking stupid questions while hung over. That was so simple I feel like a heel now.headbangsm

Chenzo
01-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by [SS]SportoFu
Did you try going into your display properties and changing your screen resolution?

LOL yeah...

at home I run at like 1024x768, at work I run at 1280x1024...

Bassani
01-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Come to think of it, some how my page got a little larger too. Its the actual page though, not the font. The page is bigger than my screen, lol. I have to move the page and resize it every time. So if its at max, its too big. Any ideas on that ?

Chenzo
01-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Bassani
Come to think of it, some how my page got a little larger too. Its the actual page though, not the font. The page is bigger than my screen, lol. I have to move the page and resize it every time. So if its at max, its too big. Any ideas on that ?

It's either:

1. You've got to adjust your screen resolution REFRESH RATE.

Right click on yer desk top, and then select properties.

Click on the "Settings" tab.

Hit the advanced button.

Click on the Monitor tab...

there should be a pull down menu for the refresh rate. Find one that works for you (just select one, and then hit "apply")

I find that 72 or 75 Hertz works good for me.

2. You've got to adjust your monitor itself. (There are generally buttons right on the front of your monitor that adjust how it's displayed... can't really help you here, all monitors are different, but most of the time they have little icons that explain it all)

Bassani
01-29-2007, 05:28 PM
yup, that button thing on the side, IDK what I hit, but I selected auto, and its fine now. Thx.

Chenzo
01-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Bassani
yup, that button thing on the side, IDK what I hit, but I selected auto, and its fine now. Thx.

booyah.

[SSr]LouSaynis
01-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Chenzo
booyah. lol

[SS]Midnight
01-30-2007, 03:04 AM
Good thing that worked. If it didn't the next step would have been to re-crystallize the dilithium crystals in parallel for endothermic propagation.

Bassani
01-30-2007, 05:39 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, thats easy though.