PDA

View Full Version : RS: Vegas PC

Chenzo
12-18-2006, 05:29 PM
why did no one tell me this came out on Friday!?

GAH.

must

play

game.

[SS]Rator
12-18-2006, 05:39 PM
lol i didn't know it was out for PC yet, i thought it was delayed, sweet... God i hope its good Chenz.

Chenzo
12-18-2006, 05:48 PM
there reviews are... meh... the big problem was server stability, but there's a patch to fix it already...

I will play this shortly.

[SS]Rator
12-18-2006, 06:01 PM
nice, yea see UBI is good like that, we're checking it out on the 360 and the ps3 soon.

Sabotage
12-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Oh I didnt even know it was out yet! I am getting in my car now....

Chenzo
12-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Fack, the requirements for this game are HIGH!

Only have about 20 minutes in...

got to the point where I had to command my guys (which reminds me totally of the single player in RvS) but I need to remap some keys and get that all situated.

But like all the Rainbow Six games, the single player is kinda silly after a point. I want multiplayer death.

Sabotage
12-19-2006, 04:37 PM
The requirements are high? Video requirements?

Yea I have RB6 for ps2 and I dont think I have ever played it on single player.

[SS]Grifter
12-19-2006, 05:23 PM
So...Chenz...How is it?

Rator did you pick this up as well?

[SS]Rator
12-19-2006, 05:32 PM
no i dont have it yet.

Chenzo
12-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah... even at crap settings the game looks good...

what I need is a 256 meg video card...

but I get all the motion blur, fuzzy light, etc...

I know that Tech can run it at 1280x1024 with most of the goodies on and he's getting 40+ FPS so that's a good sign.

We plan on giving it a multiplayer trial run tonight.

Sabotage
12-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Off topic: Does having a lot of space taken up on your hard drive bog down the way your game runs? Because when I play it is a little choppy at times and I dont know exactly why.

[SS]Rator
12-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Chenz nooooooooooo! No BF practice tonite?! It's my one night to kill future-lings...

[SS]Chief
12-20-2006, 08:41 AM
You guys are going to make me broke on all these games...

RS
BF2
BF2:SF
WoW
RB6 Lockdown
BF2142 or whatever
Oblivian

Now....RB6: Las Vegas...

Stop the madness.....SCREAMYGUY

Chenzo
12-20-2006, 10:42 AM
LOL.

Well, it's looking like we're gonna try it. Tech and Eagle were checking out MP and ran around on freaking STREETS - damn I love that map.

Alot of the old clans we used to fight are coming back to it.

Shit, Tech had the game for ONE DAY and beat single player. WTF!? hahahahaha

We know it's got the old skool rules for Team Survival and you can set the server for hardcore (realistic) gameplay - i.e. 1 or 2 shots = death

And I'm fairly certain since it's the unreal 3 engine we can set up a public server on the SC420.

oh yeah baby.

[SS]Grifter
12-20-2006, 01:02 PM
bigcry3 I wish my internet at home was working! bigcry3

Sabotage
12-20-2006, 03:16 PM
What is wrong with your internet at home grifter?

Chenzo
12-26-2006, 11:59 AM
Here's my review of the PC version of this game:

I've played maybe about 5 or 6 hours of MultiPlayer (I could give a flying fuck about single player)

Gameplay is just like RvS... some silly console stuff happening in there (i.e. putting on a silencer, etc... but it's very minimal) But you do get that heart-pounding feeling when yer creeping around. And the maps I played are awesome... beautiful, good layout, lots of fun.

Otherwise, it's a piece of shit console port.

- Shit ass resolution support.
- No way to change the refresh rate (my shit it running at 60 and needs to be 75 so the window is shifted up to the left, and doesn't fill the screen... in fact, I can't see the first 2 letters of chat)
- MONSTROUS floating green Tom Clancy logos over team members heads instead of your teammate's fucking name.
- The hud and the type on the screen is set to "old person farsighted" point size. Let me shrink that shit down... I don't need 50% of my screen covered with bullshit... (This and the previous gripe are a direct result of it being ported... TVs suck at displaying small text, but this is a PC game... come on now...)
- I thought the BF server browser was bad!? Jesus christ, howwabout listing the servers by SERVER NAME!? No, they're listed by GAME TYPE... so, when I've got it filtered to only "team survival", every server is listed as team survival and I have to roll over each one to find out the name.
- No stand-alone server download. Do we have to buy a copy of the game for our server? wtf is up with that. It's running on the UNREAL engine... while all the video fanciness is there, NONE of the back end goodness that helped make the unreal engines phattie phat is there.
- Piss poor score keeping. Rather, it's non-existant. How many rounds has your side won? How many total kills/deaths did I get over the course of the map?
- No favorites or buddy lists. It's gonna be a BITCH to find people/servers when (if) there are hundreds of them.
- No sound controls (Well, volume, but no channel control, no eax, etc...
- There's no way to actually LOCK a server.
- the dead can speak to the living.
- You can't see who's in a server in the server browser list.
- Howwabout some .ini files for me to edit? eh?
- Healing over time = weaksauce... WTF is up with THAT? Fucking Tee-Ball.
- In Team Survival, if Team A has 2 people left and Team B has 1 person left when the time runs out, Team A gets a win... instead of a draw...

fucking PITIFUL. completely useless as a clan game.

[SS]Grifter
12-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Chenzo
Here's my review of the PC version of this game:

I've played maybe about 5 or 6 hours of MultiPlayer (I could give a flying fuck about single player)

Gameplay is just like RvS... some silly console stuff happening in there (i.e. putting on a silencer, etc... but it's very minimal) But you do get that heart-pounding feeling when yer creeping around. And the maps I played are awesome... beautiful, good layout, lots of fun.

Otherwise, it's a piece of shit console port.

- Shit ass resolution support.
- No way to change the refresh rate (my shit it running at 60 and needs to be 75 so the window is shifted up to the left, and doesn't fill the screen... in fact, I can't see the first 2 letters of chat)
- MONSTROUS floating green Tom Clancy logos over team members heads instead of your teammate's fucking name.
- The hud and the type on the screen is set to "old person farsighted" point size. Let me shrink that shit down... I don't need 50% of my screen covered with bullshit... (This and the previous gripe are a direct result of it being ported... TVs suck at displaying small text, but this is a PC game... come on now...)
- I thought the BF server browser was bad!? Jesus christ, howwabout listing the servers by SERVER NAME!? No, they're listed by GAME TYPE... so, when I've got it filtered to only "team survival", every server is listed as team survival and I have to roll over each one to find out the name.
- No stand-alone server download. Do we have to buy a copy of the game for our server? wtf is up with that. It's running on the UNREAL engine... while all the video fanciness is there, NONE of the back end goodness that helped make the unreal engines phattie phat is there.
- Piss poor score keeping. Rather, it's non-existant. How many rounds has your side won? How many total kills/deaths did I get over the course of the map?
- No favorites or buddy lists. It's gonna be a BITCH to find people/servers when (if) there are hundreds of them.
- No sound controls (Well, volume, but no channel control, no eax, etc...
- There's no way to actually LOCK a server.
- the dead can speak to the living.
- You can't see who's in a server in the server browser list.
- Howwabout some .ini files for me to edit? eh?
- Healing over time = weaksauce... WTF is up with THAT? Fucking Tee-Ball.
- In Team Survival, if Team A has 2 people left and Team B has 1 person left when the time runs out, Team A gets a win... instead of a draw...

fucking PITIFUL. completely useless as a clan game.

Regarding the PC version (because it's apparent that the console and PC versions are way different).....

Hopefully they can fix the floating logo/team memeber name with a patch. I'd have to think that can be fixed that way. As wel las the server listing.

How are you supposed to have a clan match if you can't lock the server?

I haven't seen the healing over time on the console version. To my knowledge, the devs stated that it wouldn't be available online for the console - having played it in a limited capacity online, I can vouch for that. Why not also keep it that way on the PC? Are they competing with Battlefield on that?

Dead talking to the living? That's pretty much a byproduct if the clan is running TeamSpeak anyway, isn't it? (not a slam on you Chenz, just that I know a lot of clans use TS).

As for the friends list, I hate to think that they would find that unnecessary because people use seperate friends lists on the PC, like Xfire. You should still have an in game friends/buddy list. Especially for the PC.

In regards to Team Survival - Man, you'd REALLY hate playing some of these SOCOM games rofl

Chenzo
12-26-2006, 01:52 PM
the healing over time is pretty weak...

you're only hurt while yer vision is "blurry"

once it clears up, yer back to full health.

And I know it works different as far as the servers/rooms go for the 360...

but the PC version SHOULD have a Dedicated Stand Alone Server files and it should have the standard UNREAL ini files to set it.

There's tons of talk in the UBI forums about a big patch to fix the MP stuff, but I'm not gonna hold my breath