PDA

View Full Version : Hey laggers....check your internet speed...

[SS]Arkangel
11-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Go here- http://www.dslreports.com/stest

It measures your upload and download speeds and it compares it to other users that have the same ISP as you.
I guess I will see how mine measures up compared to you guys, since I have no idea how to read the comparison charts.

PS- Vin made a cameo on my screenshot!

[SS]CJ
11-14-2003, 08:37 AM
I have no idea what it means. In fact, i'm not even gonna look at mine. Too tired, I'll post it and look at it tomorrow.

[SS]Snakebite
11-14-2003, 10:42 AM
this is mine at work......sux

Weeper
11-14-2003, 11:52 AM
The Problem with this test is it is not totally accurate.

I got 3 different readings from each of the 3 different servers. They were all good BTW.

However, it also states that this test also depends on some Tweaks that may or may not be on your computer and that this test means nothing for Multiplayer gaming as its based on computers only.

Also ... it detects the routes to the server being Tested ... ie ... if in Cali or CA or Somewhere else. You can have a bad line in the route to that particular server.

Could be the same thing with the PS2? You could have a good route to different servers? Who knows!!!

Great to be tested!!! But .... not necessarily accurate.

Virus
11-14-2003, 04:28 PM
I work for an ISP and I can tell you test your speed is great, but the true test is your ping rate.. If you don't know how to test that go to google.com and type "test ping rate" or something like that.

[SS]Steve-O
11-14-2003, 04:39 PM
That is a crazy sig virus.

Virus
11-14-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Steve-O
That is a crazy sig virus.

Thanks..

I have alot of different SIGs, I really like to make them..

JESS7
11-14-2003, 07:33 PM
Here's ours at home. I think it's got you all beat for now! lol:p

Badger
11-15-2003, 06:13 PM
I think this is good but I don't know much about this stuff so feel free to let me know

3656 kbps Download

321 kbps Upload

I don't know how to put the screen up but thats the info.

[SS]CJ
11-16-2003, 05:54 AM
Badger, I'm no pc wiz either. Just recently, I installed Adobe Professional. It allows you to save a web page. From there, I saved it as a .jpg file, then resized it cause the frickin thing was huge. PM me and I'll give you info on how to get it for free if your interested.

[SS]Arkangel
11-16-2003, 02:35 PM
You can create a jpg off of anything on your monitor. Just hit shift+print screen (above the number pad). Then just paste it into any photo editing software.

For example, here's a picture of my desktop that I took with screenshot.

[SS]CJ
11-16-2003, 08:34 PM
Hey there, rusty recruit, not everyone has the same keyboard as you. I don't have a "print screen" key above my numberpad. My "prt Scrn" key is above the backspace. Regardless, I tried shift + Prt Scrn and it didn't work. Next time you see me on AIM, explain more please, cause I've never been able to get that part to work.

Here's another way you can do it Badger, assuming you use Internet Explorer. It'll probably work with other browsers as well, just don't know the exact steps to follow: Click on File, then go to the "Save As..." tab. Save the page to "My documents" or wherever you will remember where you put it. Then open up Paint. In Paint open file (the html that you just saved to my documents). Switch the view to "Thumbnails." There will probably be multiple files (pics) within the html. Find the one your looking for. In my case it was "speed interpretation.jpg." I think this will work, but am not sure. It normally takes me 5 times longer than others to get stuff done cause I'm such a pc noob.