PDA

View Full Version : Bad Prob With Mic!!

Shadow_Ghost_07
08-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Well, my problem is one really bad since with no mic theres no teamwork,and I really hate it. My mic doesnt work,even sometimes when I press O looks liek I can talk,I cant hea rnor talk. Ive search in other socom forums and someone helped me. I actually fixed this problem once when they told me to chang emy network configuration to manual and all the ip and thingy I had to do step by step, but now it doesnt work again. Ive seen other help sites, but I still have questions about it, so I have been having a hard time trying to fix it. So maybe if some of you know how to fix it or think you might help in something,even if little I will be most grateful,or giv eme a site that might help. My router is a NETGEAR 54mbps wireless router model WGR614 v5 .
Even if I have to do a new network configuration,I dont care I just wanna fix it, so if you have any question or dont understand anything fell free to ask, thanks everyone!! regularsmi

[SS]Rator
08-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Did you try/buy a new mic?

Bassani
08-03-2006, 08:42 PM
If its only sometimes in game, try shutting off your mic and then turning it back on. If thats not it then try calling your IP up and ask them to open up all your ports. You might have to do this with your router as well. Im not sure witch ports they are, but if you call Sony's 800 # ( 1-800-345-7669 ) and follow the promps to get a hold of someone, they should be able to tell you witch ports need to be opened up. Then the rest is up to you calling up your IP and who ever made your router and then get those ports opened up and you should be fine then. Hope this helps.

Shadow_Ghost_07
08-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Well, I havent tried that wich I might, or at least ask my cousin to borrow his, but you think that might be the prob?? cause I see the light go on, by the way I think he played with you guys the other day his nick was "SnakeAtlas", anyways going back to the subject, I might try that,thx!regularsmi

---------------------------------------------------------------------

~Edit not to post twice~

Ok so can you like tell me how I do that of calling my ip and opening the ports?? Cause Im not so good in understanding some things maybe if u can explain me,thxregularsmi

Bassani
08-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Ok, say your internet provider ( IP ) is Comcast. Call up thier # and get in touch with the internet department. Ask them if they can open all ports because you are into online gaming. You need these ports opened because of the games you play have mics for communication and your mic does not work alot and you want to make sure all the ports are open. If you do have Comcast, all your ports should be open already. As far as I know they dont block any.

Shadow_Ghost_07
08-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Ok so you tell me to go to a site of my ip addres or call by phone th enumber you just gave me? I saw once somethign about "opening the ports" in a site but I dint quite understood that. There were like different ways of fixing the problems, but for some reason I always ended in a step were I found that what I was reading was not abou tmy problem. Thx again! =)

Bassani
08-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Ok, first call Sony. Ask what ports you need open for your mic to work properly. Then call Comcast or Verizon or who ever your IP is, tell them you need the ports open that Sony just gave you. If that doesnt work then find contact info for the manufacturer of your router and get your ports opened in your router from them, Netgear I think you said. Try that and see what happens.

[SS]Vapid
08-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Did you say you use Netgear?

1. Get a new router.

2. (If one is not an option) I think your mic will work as long as there are no other Netgear users ion the room.

EDIT: My talk button is L2.

[SS]Rator
08-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Ah, i think your right vapid, i think it may be the netgear. Steve-o had the same prob with his. Try a new router or a new mic too, but Steveo might know how to fix it since he had one too.

Shadow_Ghost_07
08-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Oh, ok si Ill see and wait for Steve-o to see if he knows something, I might try te router thingy too. Oh and with the "My talk button is L2" you meant the "cover me"and "Ive got point" ?? Cause thats all I do know,and I was thinkng of adding commands to taunts cause I dont use taunts,so maybe I could sadd something there, but a cover me for me it would mean "I say an enemy" and an "Ive got point" would either be a follow me or "Im following you". I like to be set so at least I have a little comunication. As for the ports Bassani, lots of thanks, finally understood regularsmi But I have a little question, how I know whos my IP is?

Chenzo
08-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Shadow_Ghost_07
But I have a little question, how I know whos my IP is?

Go to your start menu and then click on RUN.

in the space provided, type:

cmd

this should open a dos window.

then type:

ipconfig

second line tells you yer ip.

(Oh... wait... are you using a router? when you do this, whut's it say?)

Chenzo
08-04-2006, 11:13 AM
you are using a router...

Hrm... I'm sure there's a "whut's my IP page" online somewhere....

heh...

yeah

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

nice.

Shadow_Ghost_07
08-04-2006, 11:18 AM
I did that "run " and "cmd" thing I saw it on a site, but after the "ipconfig" at the end I think it was a "/all" or something like that I saw,but when I put that it dint said anything about the router. So Ill go check that link,lots of thx!regularsmi

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It says my ip address, but it doesnt say me from who,like the comcast thingy. So I wanna know like how I know from who it is,so I can call em, thx!

Chenzo
08-04-2006, 11:51 AM
It says my ip address, but it doesnt say me from who,like the comcast thingy. So I wanna know like how I know from who it is,so I can call em, thx!

wait... what?

you want to know who what is? so you can tell who waht?

huh?

what kind of router you've got? I don't understand.

Shadow_Ghost_07
08-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Thinking about it, if I know all the ip adress and do it manually, do I NEED a router to go online or if I set it manually I dont really need one?? Because as I know , I think I need one..or not?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Im talking about what Bassani said.

Bassani
08-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Your IP. Who do you get your internet from? Verizon, AOL, Comcast. IP = Internet provider. Who you pay your bill to.

[SS]Rator
08-04-2006, 03:38 PM
its ISP not IP. ISP=Internet Service Provider , like verizon, comcast etc.

Shadow_Ghost_07
08-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Oh Ok the one who I get internet from ok then I know,thx guys, but another question, do I NEED a router toplay online?

Bassani
08-04-2006, 03:48 PM
No, you dont need a router to play. Only if you want to be online on you computer at the same time, then you would need a router.

[SS]Rator
08-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Bassani, Steveo had a big problem and it was because of his netgear router.

Bassani
08-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Sounds like Shadow might need a linksys then. But I think its still worh trying to see if those ports can be opened through his ISP or through his router before he drops 50 bucks. I cant say as I have had a problem yet with my Linksys router.

[SS]Rator
08-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Yes, try the opening ports thing and/or a new mic.

• Worse case scenario, you get a new router.

• Worser case scenario, you need a new router and a new mic.

• Worsest case scenario, you open up the port and get it to work, you get so excited that you start running around and jumping up and down and you fall and bonk your head on the edge of your table, knock yourself out, break the table, and your ps2, tv, router and mic all crash down on top of you and you have to buy all new shit.

Kinda makes your situation now seem... not so bad eh? lol...

Bassani
08-04-2006, 04:14 PM
LMAO. Too funny Rator.

[SS]Vapid
08-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Oh and with the "My talk button is L2" you meant the "cover me"and "Ive got point" ?? I use a different set up than the default. My O button changes my fire rate (tap) and open my weapon menu (hold). My L2 button is to talk (hold) and to open the menu (tap) to change spawn, radio, ect.

I was wondering if you had a differnt set up than the default. Sounds stupid but I've made the same mistake and wondered why I couldn't talk.

Bassani
08-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Yea V, that sounds like the same set up I use, the " frogman " controls, where R2 is your cover me and stuff.

[SS]Vapid
08-04-2006, 10:00 PM
A little off topic but I think you're right. I think it really is the best set up, that and turning off names.

[SSr]LouSaynis
08-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Bassani
Sounds like Shadow might need a linksys then.
LINKSYSusasmiley

Shadow_Ghost_07
08-05-2006, 06:09 PM
So if I set up my network config manually is there a chance I can go online and my mic work??

............whats LINKSYS??

Bassani
08-05-2006, 06:42 PM
So if I set up my network config manually is there a chance I can go online and my mic work??

http://www.linksys.com/
click on products. you can buy linksys at Best Buy or Circut City, WalMart. Other places too I'm sure.

Have you tried to do any of the stuff listed above yet? You should try it out and you might have your problems solved. I doubt it has to with setting up your configuration manually but it might, its worth a try.

Shadow_Ghost_07
08-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Oh Ok my cousin has LINKSYS,ok so thx guys ill let ya know when I try all this and the outcome,lol...so thanks alot!!regularsmi

[SSr]LouSaynis
08-05-2006, 07:48 PM
yep LINKSYS is pretty much the king of routers like HP is the king of printers

Shadow_Ghost_07
08-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Oh I see,so Im gonna try everything they told me..maybe Ill end up buying a new router or a new mic..or both..idk..lol, thx hehe

[SSr]LouSaynis
08-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh I see,so Im gonna try everything they told me..maybe Ill end up buying a new router or a new mic..or both..idk..lol, thx hehe hey, thats what everyone is here for. we are here to find answers to our problems and give answers to other peoples problems and just to have fun