PDA

View Full Version : I cannot loggin to S2!!!!!!! HELP

[SS]Dr.Who
11-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Hey everyone. I got my S2 last night!!! I could not drive the 45 minute drive home fast enough, I think it took maybe 10 minutes or so LOL. I am running into my house, trampsing over the 2.5 year old as he cannot get up our stairs fast enough (little rat bastage needs to learn to move!!! j/k). I slam the game into my PS2 turn it on, grab the controller, keyboard and head set. Before the SOCOM II screen can even load I AM SITTIN ON THE COUCH "WIRED FOR SOUND" AND RARING TO GO, DAMN THIS THING LOADS SLOW AS SHIT (COULDNT THEY MAKE THE LOADING FASTER FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!.

I get the main menu, I open my manual to page 27 (getting online instructions), I click "X" on the word ONLINE...is it true I am gonna be palying S2 ONLINE any minute now???? I am gonna bust, my heasrt is racing and I and swelling with excitemment (my wife is shaking her head, she is still pissed about the baby getting trampsed on I guess....... who cares I am going online now).
The next screen pops up, I notice a familiar screen for loggin in so my heart leaps in my chest, I am gonna start sweating from anticipation..................then BAM !! I get this piece of shit disclaimer that "no network adaptor is detected. I need to get a NA or proper USB for online play. Press "X" to return to main menu. I think to myself, cool press "X" and set it up. So I do press "X", the 5 seconds later instead of being able to configure my settings,......................... I am back to the MAIN MENU!!!!!!!!

HHHmmmmm I must have done something wrong I guess. So I try again, same thing. Maybe I hit a button prematurely, so I try again. SAME FUCKING THING AGAIN, AS A MATTER OF FACT FOR 2 FUCKING HOURS THE SAME FUCKING THING HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meanwhile I am talking to (newly promoted power pimp) Captain C, he is telling me to do this and try that. He has been on for so FUCKING long now that he is about to get his first MV-fucking-P in S2. How fucked is that, I am the 3rd peep to get the game in our clan, I cannot get online and he rubs it in about his first MVP, what happened to sympathy pains??????????????????????????????

To bring my exctement down to the normal level, I get to complete the first mission, I bought the SOCOM players guide and I am going through the mission slowely and completing all the mission and secondary schtuff, which is actually pretty cool. I will enjoy the single player version ( I think so far) very much.

I am PISSED because apparently the ONLY WAY TO GET ONLINE IS TO HAVE A FUCKING $40 Sony NA. I dont understand why they did this to me. I play other online games just fucking fine, without the SONY NA!!!!! I am using the USB port on front of PS2 and a USB adapter connecting the PS2 to my router..............S1 works fine, Madden 04 works fine and ATV off road works just god damn fucking (sorry GOD and Weeps) FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so pissed I got ZERO damn sleep last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREW SONY AND THEIR DAMN NETWORK ADAPTOR

I meant to type two line..............
1.) I am using a USB adaptor to try and get online
2.) Is anyone else doing this and can you get online, what am I doing wrong???????

I am dying so I brought my PS2 to work today with S2 in the machine. I want SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad to play S2, *head in hands crying like Weepers little biatch*.

I got the DEMO for the single player and that piece of shit would not even load!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

@least I got the single player (missing Kahuna.wtf) and wonderfully missing BOOMER.............................

I am going to my Cable Lab and try againa and again and again, again................... if any one was able to get online using USB adaptor, call me 703 926 2143 and help a grown man to stop "WEEPING" lol GROWN MEN DO CRY, you take my word on it!!!

Weeper
11-05-2003, 10:53 AM
I had the same problem DOC!!!

Its a SONY Monopoly ... how about we file a class action law suit.

Hmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weeper
11-05-2003, 10:55 AM
Oh ... FORGOT ...

GUESS Im Going to bow to the SONY gods and by their Adapter ...

:mad:

[SS]SportoFu
11-05-2003, 12:00 PM
I saw this coming......I was origionally going to get the usb network adapter cause I couldn't find the sony, and it was cheaper. Then I figured they might do something like this and I'd be screwed, so I payed top dollar and bought mine off ebay. Shiiit, I payed like $75 US for mine, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

[SS]ProXimo
11-05-2003, 12:49 PM
I don't know how you guys are set up, but I connect my CAT 5 network cable from the Sony Modem to My Linksys Router. My Router connects to my DSL Modem. I have two computers online and my PS2 online at the same time.

what are you talking about a USB adapter?

[SS]Frost
11-05-2003, 12:53 PM
That sucks Doc. I hope you get everything working soon.

Man, I will be picking up my S2 today during lunch in about 20 minutes. I don't know if I will have any problems. I hope I don't.

I will let you guys know if mine works or not. ProXimo gave me a S2 demo that didn't load, but S2 Beta is working good.

Good Luck Doc.

[SS]SportoFu
11-05-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by [SS]ProXimo
There is a usb internet adapter that some people use instead of the sony network adapter. I never found out which ones are compatible though, there are a few different ones out there.

[SS]Vindica8r
11-05-2003, 01:14 PM
doc. go get the dame NA and shut up and play

[SS]Dr.Who
11-05-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by [SS]ProXimo
I don't know how you guys are set up, but I connect my CAT 5 network cable from the Sony Modem to My Linksys Router. My Router connects to my DSL Modem. I have two computers online and my PS2 online at the same time.

How do you have your PS2 linked to the router? You either have a USB adaptor (hooked to USB port onfront of PS2) or to the SONY Network Adaptor (back of PS2 it slides into a slot and had
rj-45 and or USB plugs in the back)

FUCK SONY!! another fucking sum of money to them rat bastages. I would rather give it to Rator to support a good cause than some fatass money man in fucking china or where-the fuck-ever he is.

I called SONY and I am writing to them.this is a matter of priciple. I know tons of peeps hooked up the way I am (free gear from our own warehouse). If it matters to anyone else here is the info to write

SCEA
Attn: Dan Kinkead
PO Box 5888
San Mateo, Ca. 94402-0888

<AE> frzaBANNED
11-05-2003, 02:17 PM
i am picking up my S2 today and i hope i dont have this problem. i also use the usb port in the front of the ps2. i use the linksys 100tx, i believe thats the model. if it doesnt work i guess i'll have to go find the ps2 NA somewhere. hopefully it works though.

oh yeah, my s2 beta worked fine with my linksys usb adapter.

fingers crossed!

[SS]Dr.Who
11-05-2003, 02:37 PM
Chevelle, yeah we have a member Weeper, he also was a Beta Tester using USB. He and I spoke this morning........bad news bro, it aint gonna work for ya.
Fucking Sony, I am gonna buy the NA on the way home. Guess they locked in two new must have items...... Network Adaptor = nothing else will work and also new memory cards. Yep thats right. Saving your shit for S2 will take 3MB of yur 8MB cards, so must peeps will have to buy another card if they play and save more than a few games. I wiped all my games out. I am down to ATV, S2 and of course S1.....................

again I repeat cuz i feel better when I say it , but FUCK SONY!!!!!!!!! and Dan (Fuck me in the ass as I give you the shaft) Kinkead

Weeper
11-05-2003, 03:11 PM
I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A WHOLE BRAND NEW PS2 with THE INTERNET PACAKGE.

I WILL EITEHR SELL MY OLD ONE OR JUST LET MY KIDS PLAY IT SO I CAN NOW HAVE MY OWN.

I HAVE A SOHO USB NA WHICH HAS WORKED FINE SO FAR.

WORKED WITH S1 and S2 BETA.

THEY DID THIS CRAP ON PURPOSE.

IF IT WASN'T 4 Sea Snipers I wouldn't even bother and would probably switch to XBOX or something.

BTW ... The say you have to use an Official USB NA, but will not give you a list of any that will work outside of SONY's.

JERKS!!!!!!!

Weeper
11-05-2003, 03:28 PM
DOC ... what did that guy (DAN) from SONY (SCREW U) say to you anyway?

<AE> frzaBANNED
11-05-2003, 04:32 PM
damnn..... well im going to go home first and see if it works with my usb adapter.. but if it doesnt i have a ps2 NA on hold for me at circuit city. $35 dollars there. cheapest i found.

[SS]SportoFu
11-05-2003, 10:24 PM
This is off the playstation.com forums......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jsniper02 wrote:
A friend of mine had that problem today... You can only connect to SOCOM 2 online with an official SONY network adaptor. Sorry man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea, I read that somewhere too. Another way for Sony to make more money.....That sucks dude! I think it has something to do with the HDD comin' out later this year. You need the Sony network adaptor to use it.

[SS]CJ
11-06-2003, 10:20 AM
I payed top dollar and bought mine off ebay. Shiiit, I payed like $75 US for mine

Damn SportoFu, I think I only paid $40 for mine. I had to make quite a few phone calls to even find one though.

<AE> frzaBANNED
11-06-2003, 11:52 AM
if anyone still needs a NA. go to circuitcity.com. they are 34.99 there. you can print the page and all the stores will match the price. just a little info to help you all save a couple bucks.

[SS]SportoFu
11-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Yeah Jammer, I got mine last Sept or Nov' ish when they were NOWHERE to be found, except a few on ebay. That's why it cost me so much. I'm pretty sure we don't get as many up here in Canada either.

[ss]Traffic
11-07-2003, 01:51 AM
think about it this way yhis is a one time purchase, you don't have to pay any annual fees like the people with xbox do