View Full Version : Rainbow six: Vegas

[SS]Rator
07-20-2006, 01:30 AM
For ps3, xbox360 and PC...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10720&type=mov&pl=game

Chenzo
07-20-2006, 11:09 AM
vegas is modeled expertly. sheesh.

gah. gimmie a demo. I need to PLAY it to decide if I'm gonna like it.

[SS]Rator
07-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Yea no doubt.

Chenzo
07-20-2006, 12:06 PM
the 11 minute movie that's full screen and shows some nice combat. It's like a weird mix of TPS and FPS... can't tell if I like it or not.

I'm sure the single player'll be fun, but whutabout Multi?

[SS]Rator
07-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Here's some info Grifter found...

I got this off of the Xbox.com FAQ stickied at the top of their forums.

"FAQ
Rainbow Six: Las Vegas

By: TW BLAZED

Players Offline: 1-2

Players Online: 2-16

Downloadable Content: Yes

Release Date: Fall 2006

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal

Publisher: Ubisoft

Genre: Tactical Shooter / First Person Shooter

I. General
II. Single Player
III. Multiplayer
IV. Media

I. General

1. Who are the Rainbow Six: Las Vegas Operatives?

New faces are being brought to Vegas. Now your team will consist only three members (offline). You will be playing the new team leader, Recon Expert, Logan Keller. Your team consists of a heavy weapons expert Michael Walter, and long range and electronics expert, Jung Park.

2. What is a Rainbow Six Ops?

A Rainbow Six Operative, is a force of elite members who are hand selected for special tasks that only they can accomplish, and complete. They use modern and new age tactics, as well as brute power to get things done.

3. What are some of the Tactics?

Some new things coming to Rainbow Six: Las Vegas, include the brand new snake cam, that was first introduced in the Splinter Cell series, but now it has been brought to this Rainbow Six franchise. The snake cam is used to look under doors primarily in this game, to spot enemies, so you know where they are when you breach. Also new is a system called the Tagging System. When using the snake cam, you can position its reticule over an enemy and simply press a button to place a red circle over their head. With the tag in place now you will be able to order your team and breach, and the target that is tagged will be a primary target, so your team will take them out first. Another feature that has got everbody talking is the rappeling feature. You cn rappel down stair ways, sides of buildings while shooting, and com ecrashing through windows.

4. What is returning?

Many of the old tactics are also returning to this new addition. You will still be able to order your team to breach doors and clear, reach and flash bang, and breach with C4. You are still able to blow up a ton of things in the environment, even more then you used to because of the awesome power of the 360.
5. Goodies
The game boasts with an advanced AI system, new motion capture animation, allowing for smoother movement, and new moves. Also they have implemented new advanced moves, such as taking cover behind objects and shooting, without peaking out, also known as Blind Covering Fire, which was seen first in Kill Switch for the PS2.

6. Voice Integration?

Of course the online multiplayer will offer voice communication betweeen teamates in game and the lobby, but a new feature that is still on the down low is voice integration for single player. It has been rumoured that you will be able to use voice commands through voice recogniton and have your teammates carry out a slew of tasks that you give them. Remind anyone of 'Hey You Pikachu'? Of course there will be only a number of certain commands they will understand, and if it doesn't recognize your voice then maybe erhaps they will put an otpion to record your voice for each command? But how ever and example is: "Breach and Clear". You say this and your teamate will go busting through the door your reticule is aimed at and then take out any tangos.

II. Single Player

1. What is Rainbow Six?

Rainbow Six is basically a unit of 1 - 3 members that is specially and picked to take on terrorists and task that normal joint task operatives cannot do themselves.

2. How many levels will there be?

It is unknown how many, levels there willl be but we can expect anywhere from the normal 12 - 16 levels.

3. What is the story line?

As of right now the story line is un clear, but it will basically be along these lines. Terrorists take over building. They start killing hostagess. They are holding someone very important hostage. They have very dangerous weapons.

4. Weapons

There is currently no weapons list, but you can expect a lot of the heavy hitters from the previous games, including the MP5 which is the standard SWAT / Rainbow Six, Semi - Machine Gun. I will update this with a weapons list once they are introduced

5. What are some of the new moves?

One of the newest moves is wall mounting and shooting blindly without sticking your head or major body out. Also rappeling down stair wells and buildings has been added you can also shoot while doing that.

Little detail has been published on the Single Player. I will update this FAQ with more information as it is released for Single Player & Multiplayer.

III. Multiplayer

1. What's New?

Something new in Las Vegas that people were upset wasn't introduced in GRAW online, is the ability to stick to walls an take cover in Multplayer like you can in Single Player. Just like in single player the camera will shift from 1st person to 3rd person when mounted against a wall. This will slow down the gameplay having people play cat and mouse, but it will add to the memorable experience.

2. Customization

Just like in Lockdown, you will be able to create your own character for online play and continue to customize him or her, with features such as, gender, hairstyles, camoflauges, face paints, and headgears. Also new to this game is the ability to customize your weapons. You will be able to custom fit a weapon with, suppresors, scopes, flashlights, laser pointers. Of course this will disturb the stats of the guns, with a silencer your gun will be less acurate etc.

3. Accomplishments
Although the accomplishments havn't been announced, it has been suspected that there will be ones for multiplayer such as, scoring 20 headshots. Hopefully nothing like a leaderboard achievement considering about 5 people will get them. Achievement list will be updated when more info is introduced.

4. Noobs vs. Leets?

Currently the dev's are desiging a new matchmaking system, like Halo 2, that will allow for more even teams, so that some of the noob members, will have a chance and not get mopped up my the leet players. So basically, if you put your disc in for the first time your not going to be playing noob players who have been playing for 200 hours or leet players who have been playing for 200 hours. You will be playing people with the closest stats to you. That was a promise from the lead multiplayer deisnger.

5. Game Modes

There will be a large amount of new game modes, that will incorporate objectives that change every time you play a level. For instance you may be required to infilitrate a building, via blowing up a door with C4, then taking out an enemy camp, and then finally recue the hostages. Where as in another level if you need to do the same thing, this time you may need to do it via recon, and not eliminate any enemies or be seen.

6. What about Co-Op?

The developers, are once again incorporating a Co-Op mode into Las Vegas, which will include all of the same levels, and objectives as Single Player. You will of course be able to use your customized character, and the game will support 4 players in Co-Op.

7. What about Splitscreen?
Splitscreen will be part of Las Vegas again allowing up to 2 people to play together using a splitscreen offline, and perhaps online using the Guest System.

8. Will there be clan functions and matches?

Nothing very official yet but many organizations like IGN, and Gamespot are speculating that there is going to be clan support and possibly clan matches that will be tracked by the Las Vegas System.

9. Another Lockdown Upset?

If you think this is going to be another online flop like Lockdown, then think again. Even though the dev's are still hush hush on portions of the multiplayer, you can expect with all the new tactics that it will not be a run and gun for the most part, as long as every one considers the new tactics and uses them which should help to slow down the gameplay. Also in a noted interview they are going for a style of realism, so you can also expect it will not take around 10 shots to die.

10. Xbox Live Vision Integration?

"The camera will also be used in several games, such as Activision's World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions, Ubisoft's Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas, and several Xbox Live Arcade games, including "some gesture-based games, a pinball game, and TotemBall." For WSOP and RS: Vegas, the camera will model users' whole heads, with both portrait and profile shots being used to help add depth to the mapped image."

[SS]Cuervo
07-20-2006, 03:22 PM
"so you can also expect it will not take around 10 shots to die."

sign me up!

[SS]Rator
07-20-2006, 03:25 PM
thats been true with ALL of the Rainbox six 3 games. You get "gimped" when you get shot and can only move half speed. Its nice.

[SS]Vapid
07-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Cuervo
"so you can also expect it will not take around 10 shots to die."

sign me up! Actually I heard it can take up to 30 shots and sometimes more. I think it has to do something with if you're really hitting the person or not.

I think that's all BS. I'm tired of these realistic games.
-If I'm playing a shooter and shoot in the direction of someone, they should die
-If I'm playing a racing game and I see a turn, my car should never go off the track
-If I'm playing a football game and pick an offensive play, I should score a touchdown

Chenzo
07-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Well, vapid, see... that's the thing.

In Raven Shield (Rainbow Six: Raven Shield or RvS - pretty much the first one of these squad based tom clancy games that was multiplayer), about 50% of the time you could drop someone with one round. The other 50% of the time you'd hit them and they'd get "gimped" like Rator said. You have to limp away at less than half speed. Plus you'd drip blood that would leave marks for a little bit so you could "track" the shot enemy.

It's really the thing we liked about RvS. It was facking HARD to play multiplayer against people that had been playing for a bit.

The other nice bit was lean. It looks like it's got lean in this one, but it's that against the wall peak action. I really don't like the fact that you can be under cover and see around corners. But since it's easy enough to do, you WOULD get the "cat-and-mouse" action they talk about in that faq.

Like I said:

Gimmie the demo. I require RvS 2. (It also gives me hope since they mention the fact that lockdown sucked balls.)

[SS]Rator
07-21-2006, 12:43 AM
yes and that its the same guys who did rvs.

plus i bet you can turn off that 3rd person thing.

Sabotage
07-21-2006, 02:27 AM
WOW that looks really great I always loved the rainbow six series.

Chenzo
07-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
yes and that its the same guys who did rvs.

plus i bet you can turn off that 3rd person thing.

I dunno about that. it wouldn't work then... you NEED the lean to be able to peak around corners.

[SS]Frost
07-26-2006, 06:57 PM
I want to play this game.

[SS]Rator
09-14-2006, 02:03 AM
Back to Rainbox six Vegas.

This is from their site, sounds like bf2 to me...

"Customizable Multiplayer Experience – Create your own multiplayer character that evolves as you play online, unlocking new equipment and achievements as you go."

[SS]Rator
09-14-2006, 02:22 AM
ok go here now...

http://rainbowsixgame.us.ubi.com/vegas/index.php

and watch the E3 WALKTHROUGH its like the 3rd movie down in MEDIA then click on MOVIES.

How can you NOT want this game?!

[SS]Snakebite
09-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
How can you NOT want this game?!

ummm, cause its not 3rd person...

hehe, still looks pretty sweet tho, sorta like GRAW Vegas style but totaly 1st person view.

Chenzo
09-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Snakebite
ummm, cause its 3rd person...

hehe, still looks pretty sweet tho, sorta like GRAW Vegas style but totaly 3rd person view.

EDIT: Wait, did you mean 1st person?

WTF do you guys have against 1st person!? I don't freaking get it.

Take off the 'floaties'

take off the facking training wheels.

this game DOES look good. And there's DEFINATELY gonna be a demo cause that walk thru is the demo walk thru...

mmmmmmm...

when's this supposed to be released? (And wasn't there a high-res version of this movie somewhere earlier in the post?)

[SS]Snakebite
09-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Can't hack it? I seem to recall someone coming into our 3rd person shooter world and quitting very shortly after given a spot...... I call that NOT hacking it. hehe mooner whipsmiley

I play FPS a lot and I'm not the best but I can hang, I just don't like them 'as much' as 3rd. Sorry! I love being able to magically see around a corner, object, ect.. without actually poking my head out.... lol BAM, respawn, rinse, repeat...

BTW, I been wanting to play some more BF2 with you guys but my last big patch was bugged or something, I completely had to reinstall BF2 and still working on getting the latest updates.

[SS]Rator
09-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Ok this is as close as youre gonna get to 3rd person, you can pop into it by going up against something. Theres the view where youre looking at yourself and the view where youre kinda over the shoulder. Get used to it fellas, it is the standard.

Chenzo
09-14-2006, 02:04 PM
for the record, I thought SoCom 2 sucked, and I don't like using a controller over a mouse/keyboard... tracking sucks...

I thought I could get used to it, but after two weeks, I just couldn't fucking stand it anymore.

me not playing SoCom has nothing to do with 3rd person. I can play third person shooters, but I like to play in the big leagues so I choose 1st person

[SS]Wally
10-05-2006, 03:54 PM
RS: Vegas, the camera will model users' whole heads, with both portrait and profile shots being used to help add depth to the mapped image." [/B][/QUOTE]

Does this mean people can put their 'faces' on their characters? Can you imagine a team of ass cracks running towards you. SCARY!!!

wally out...

[SS]Shooter
10-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Chenzo
Me not playing SoCom has nothing to do with 3rd person. I can play third person shooters, but I like to play in the big leagues so I choose 1st person

The big leagues?

Oh yes, I do seem to recall "Big Leagues - The Official Strategy Guide" that you collaborated on. And don't forget, you illustrated the 'Big League' maps... Here's one you did:
http://nicubunu.ro/pictures/rpg/map.png

[SS]Shooter
10-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Everyone - we are just TEASING Chenzo cause he thinks Socom is for little kids...