PDA

View Full Version : Question? Very Hard

[SS]Steve-O
11-02-2003, 10:50 PM
This quiz is supposed to have been written by Einstein. He said that 98% of the people in the world cannot solve the quiz. Could you be among the other 2%?

There are 5 houses, each is a different colour
In each house lives a person of a different nationality.
These 5 owners all drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
No owner has the same pet, smokes the same brand of cigar or drinks the same drink as another owner.

1: The Briton lives in a red house.
2: The Swede keeps dogs as pets
3: The Dane drinks tea
4: The green house is on the left of the white house (they are also next door to each other)
5: The green house owner drinks coffee
6: The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds
7: The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill
8: The man living in the house right in the center drinks milk
9: The Norwegian lives in the first house
10: The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats
11: The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill
12: The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer
13: The German smokes Prince
14: The Norwegian lives next to the blue house
15: The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.

The question is: WHO KEEPS FISH?

WH CORPSE
11-03-2003, 12:33 AM
i have no idea lmao

[SS]Dr.Who
11-03-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Steve-O
The question is: WHO KEEPS FISH?

I aint got no fish........ LOL

to go with I aint got no posts now either. not so much lol

[SS]ProXimo
11-03-2003, 10:00 AM
I figured it out already.

Let me know if you want me to post the answer.

I did this one a couple of years ago. It's great.

[SS]Steve-O
11-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Just email me the answer. Also tell me how you got it cause if your right I would like to know if it was a guess or not.

swypych7@yahoo.com.

JESS7
11-03-2003, 07:05 PM
I figured it out too. It only took about 30 minutes last night when Snake read it to me. All you have to do is make a chart and treat it like a logic problem. I know who live in which color house and likes which drink and what they smoke and what pet they have. I'll email you the answer, and you can let me know if I got it right. :D

JESS7
11-03-2003, 07:09 PM
P.S. Did you figure it out, or did you just read the answers somewhere, or do you even know the answers??? lol

[SS]SportoFu
11-03-2003, 08:25 PM
I did it the same way CAMELEON.....I just wasn't sure if making a chart was what Steve-O was looking for.

[SS]Steve-O
11-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Yes you need to make a chart.

[SS]Cuervo
11-04-2003, 12:56 PM
i got it.. i got it.. im going to PM you steve-o.. i used a chart and started crossing things out.. its an excel spreadsheet.. so ill email you it.. and PPM u the answer

[SS]ProXimo
11-04-2003, 06:56 PM
I figured it out about a year ago and I used a chart. I created Boxes that represent the houses and started using logic to filter things out. I have it documented somewhere. Let me see if I can find it.

[SS]Arkangel
11-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by <AE>CHAMELEON
I figured it out too. It only took about 30 minutes last night when Snake read it to me. All you have to do is make a chart and treat it like a logic problem. I know who live in which color house and likes which drink and what they smoke and what pet they have. I'll email you the answer, and you can let me know if I got it right. :D

You mean a Venn diagram?
Math is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!1

JESS7
11-07-2003, 06:52 PM
No, I did not use a Venn diagram. I used a chart. There is a difference! lol

[SS]Arkangel
11-07-2003, 09:00 PM
Jess,

I am taking Logic, Set & Theory in college now. I hate the professor, but I LOVE the class. Logic is awesome. We just started Venn diagrams and membership charts.

Did you use a membership chart?

JESS7
11-08-2003, 05:04 PM
I taught summer school one summer, and while the students were working, I spent my time working logic problems. I love them. I just use the basic grid charts that are printed with most problems in the puzzle books. I am not really sure what they are called. I just use filled in blocks to represent something that is false, and I use X's or stars to represent something that is true. The way that I do it, I read a lot from the clues, but I also get a lot of information just from the chart. I use it to reason beyond the clues. I love it!