PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero

Chenzo
04-24-2006, 10:38 AM
So this past weekend I picked up Guitar Hero (http://www.guitarherogame.com/) for the PS2.

It fucking rocks. It's a rhythm game, kinda along the lines of Dance Dance Revolution... Cept the controller is a pseudo-guitar and while a song is playing the "notes" move along a time line and when the "note" hits the spot, you strum.

If you're an Air Guitarist, you want to pick up this game. The soundtrack's pretty sweet too... From Jimi Hendrix to Helmet. Smoke on the Water to Symphony of Destruction...

I played all the songs on Easy - which only uses three of the five fret buttons and then switched it up to Medium - which uses four of the five frets... I'm having trouble hitting the last song (either Cochese from Audioslave or Crossroads from Cream)...

There's still Hard and Expert too... I have a feeling that expert will be harder than ACTUALLY LEARNING THE GUITAR... Ahahahah

Anyway...

I thought I'd share.

[SS]Cuervo
04-24-2006, 01:25 PM
ive seen this in a game parlor.. they have guitars made for this game.. kinda like using the Duckhunt Shooter gun instead of the controller.

Lgndkllr777
04-24-2006, 04:19 PM
heh... i can play Cochise on my real guitar.

BTW, Audioslave's like the best band around today.

Chenzo
04-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Lgndkllr777
heh... i can play Cochise on my real guitar.

BTW, Audioslave's like the best band around today.

I'm gonna go get a real guitar myself now... I want one.

Lgndkllr777
04-24-2006, 08:49 PM
...make sure its a fender...

Chenzo
05-03-2006, 10:03 AM
21 outta 30 songs into the Hard level... (It goes, Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert)

Higher Ground on hard is FACKING HARD.

I've learned that I need to learn to strum up AND down...

again, if you've got the money and a PS2 (and a love of classic Guitar rock) get this game.

/SuPerMan\
05-11-2006, 11:26 PM
soudns good an im thinkin ill deifently have to look into buying it

Chenzo
05-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by /SuPerMan\
soudns good an im thinkin ill deifently have to look into buying it

If you got the money, it's worth it... it's facking entertaining...

plus they announced GH2 at E3...

it'll have a co-op mode so one person can play lead and someone else can play rhythm or bass...

plus GH2 is 50 songs...

/SuPerMan\
05-15-2006, 11:14 PM
they announce a release date?

i assume you'll need two guitars to play co-op?

Chenzo
05-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by /SuPerMan\
they announce a release date?

i assume you'll need two guitars to play co-op?

They didn't say a release date... I think it's supposed to hit before Christmas... but we'll see...

And yeah, you'll need 2 guitars for co-op...

Current Guitar Hero Status:

Easy: 25 of 25
Medium: 30 of 30
Hard: 29 of 30 (fucking Bark at the fucking Moon)
Expert: 14 of 30

woot!

/SuPerMan\
05-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Current Guitar Hero Status:

Easy: 0 of 25
Medium: 0 of 30
Hard: 0 of 30
Expert: 0 of 30

havent bought the game yet!

Beefy1223
05-20-2006, 01:15 PM
LOL

Chenzo
07-10-2006, 12:08 PM
I'd just like to say once again,

"Meedly meedly meedly meedly meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail36.html)"

(Oh fuck, that StrongBad Email is just straight up awesome.)

I saw Rator crush Higher Ground on expert... it was quite the impressive.

[SS]Rator
07-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Almost as impressive as Chenzo beating Spanish Castle Magic on Xpert. Sick...Damn we were drunk and just rolling thru shit...

Chenzo
07-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Did I tell ya I think I farked up my shoulder from that song? Had a death grip on the neck so I could peg those facking orange ones.

[SS]Rator
07-10-2006, 02:39 PM
lol, all i gotta say is Cochise beat the first try, no orange key...

Chenzo
07-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
lol, all i gotta say is Cochise beat the first try, no orange key...

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A

[SS]Grifter
07-10-2006, 03:37 PM
They should have made Guitar Hero II with a "Battle of the Bands" option. Since with II, you can play Bass, Lead and Rhythm. Now THAT would have been a cool feature.

[SS]Rator
07-10-2006, 03:43 PM
lol like online multiplayer? You and your bass player vs some random guitarist and bass player? hahaha...

The cool thing about the new one is that you both have to pump up the star power meter by hitting all the right notes at the same time. That way Chenzo can yell at me when i miss a note and fail the song...

Chenzo
07-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Personally, I don't like GH1's multiplayer...

with songs I tend to suck at first cause I need a bit of time to get my fingers moving along... by the end of the song I'm ussually ok...

the starting and stopping of the mp tends to fark me up.

[SS]Rator
07-10-2006, 03:50 PM
I love it. Im gonna love the new one too. Ill play bass.

[SS]Grifter
07-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I can just picture Rator hopping around like Flea playing Hiigher Ground.......But yea - the Battle of the Bands thing would be cool online. I don't really play any PS2 games online aside from SOCOM, so I have only played this on single player.

Rator, I could bring it to Snipercon if you want.

[SS]Rator
07-10-2006, 04:45 PM
lol i got Vapid on it too. Yea we HAVE to have it at SniperCon.

I watched a UFC: Behind the scenes thingy on Tito Ortiz and how he trains and shit, he lives with like 5 other guys and he said all they do is beat each other up, eat, sleep, and play Guitar Hero. He said they play for push ups. The rule is that if you win, you can make the other guy do 20 push ups whenever and where ever you want. The grocery store, the mall, wherever. lol... bighands

[SS]Grifter
07-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Sweet, I'll bring mine...by the way, check out these new GH controller.....

http://gear.ign.com/articles/717/717394p1.html

http://gearmedia.ign.com/gear/image/article/717/717394/GuitarP_V_Red_1152324739-000.jpg

[SS]Grifter
07-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Apaprently these guys make a couple of controllers for the game: http://www.theguitarmania.com/

[SS]Rator
07-10-2006, 05:26 PM
cool. flippable too.

[SS]Grifter
07-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
cool. flippable too.

Hendrix style..........*hums Purple Haze*

JESS7
07-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Thanks a lot guys!!! Now I am out $76.68 for this game! Hearing how fun it was for you guys flung a craving on me, and I just had to have it. If it's anything like playing a real guitar, I am sure that I will love it!

The idea of multiplayer on this game would be fun not just as a competition but as a jam session. I was thinking how fun it would be to be able to get online and just rock out with a bunch of friends.

P.S. Blame Dale for me even being on the boards. He just told me about the Birthday wishes from everyone. BTW, thanks for those too!toothysmil

Chenzo
07-25-2006, 10:12 AM
LOL

I'm tell'n ya Jess, you'll love it.

You gotta let us know what you think after you play it.

JESS7
07-30-2006, 09:31 PM
OK...it was supposed to arrive Friday, but Dale and I were out of town, so I got it Sat. evening when we got home. I'll have to say, this is one of the best games I've ever tried to play. My hand started getting cramps last night I had played it so much. In one day, I have beat all of the Easy and Medium songs. I am currently playing the Hard mode, and I am stuck on "Infected" by Bad Religion. I just gave up a while ago to let my hands rest.

Quick question: Is there a "best" way to hit that darned orange button? So far, that thing is kicking my butt! regularsmi

[SS]Rator
07-30-2006, 11:55 PM
HAHAHHAAaaaa, yes Jess, the best way to hit it is to NOT hit it. Thats how i beat Cochise on expert.

Chenzo sometimes puts his pinky on it then slides down to the first button when needed. Try going thru the easy and mediums again when you get stuck and try getting 5 stars on those. One of the best games ever.

The new one is supposed to have 55 songs and will let one person play bass and the other play guitar. sweet.

[SS]Snakebite
07-31-2006, 10:34 AM
I've only played it once, because she won't share, and its pretty awesome and addicting. thumbsup

Chenzo
07-31-2006, 11:11 AM
don't be a puss and skip the orange...

learn to slide your hand down... it's possible.

facking game's great.