PDA

View Full Version : SHould i go?

Greek
01-22-2006, 12:59 AM
I can get a letter of recommendation to west point academy and would like your opinion if i should go JW im in NO WAY basing MY decision on what you think

TIMEX.
01-22-2006, 03:54 AM
just because you get a letter of reccommendation means you get in there? just apply and then see if u get in or not, then make your decision. thats what i would do....

[SS]SportoFu
01-22-2006, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Greek
im in NO WAY basing MY decision on what you think
Then why the poll?

You lost me. PLAYINGHAN

[SS]Chief
01-22-2006, 10:47 AM
I am with you Sport...and for the record TIMEX is right.....they send out 1,000's of recommendations to get folks to apply. But the Army is having a HUGE recruiting problem. But either way..only you can make the choice.

[SS]Raiden
01-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Why am i bothering responding to this ?

[SS]Grifter
01-22-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Raiden
Why am i bothering responding to this ?

To increase your post count.

[SS]Raiden
01-22-2006, 12:15 PM
no actually i just wanted this topic to change, lol

[SS]Steve-O
01-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Grifter

POST WHORE!blahsign

If you can get into West Point then go. Free/great education, and great experiance after words if you like that kind of thing.

[SSr]LouSaynis
01-22-2006, 03:48 PM
do whatever you want to, we are not going to stop you

TIMEX.
01-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Grifter

LOL! laffyguy

[SS]Grifter
01-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Raiden
no actually i just wanted this topic to change, lol

Oh.

I'm doing it to increase my post count.

(Raiden - this is where you respond winksmiley )

/SuPerMan\
01-24-2006, 02:00 AM
by letter of recommendation i beleive he is talking about the one that is a requirement from one of your state senators for you to get accepted to West Point....or at least that is what i am guessing he meant

from what i have heard (correct me if i am wrong) that is the school if you want to join the army and become an officer and nonetheless it is a great school even if you dont plan on staying in the military.

[SS]Chief
01-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by /SuPerMan\
by letter of recommendation i beleive he is talking about the one that is a requirement from one of your state senators for you to get accepted to West Point....or at least that is what i am guessing he meant

from what i have heard (correct me if i am wrong) that is the school if you want to join the army and become an officer and nonetheless it is a great school even if you dont plan on staying in the military.

Not quite....the schools will send out letters to tell folks that they are elagable to attend. It is then on the member to get letters from Congressmen (they are a dime a dozen, Senators are harder...only 2 per state (GOV-101)). Then there is more that they have to write and complete to be accepted.
Once you are in, you HAVE to serve. If for some reason you can't or you fail out by your Junior Year...get your money together, you have to pay the government back for the education. Usally you have to serve about six years after school. Which is not a bad turn on investment...as you are getting an eduaction.

[SS]Vapid
01-24-2006, 12:52 PM
I say go for it.

Not everyone can get in, so use any and every advantage you can to get ahead in life. Some might question joining the military but I think it will end up being the best occupation you could have, other than owning a business where you pay other people to do the work so you get to stay home and play video games. If you weren't considering joining you wouldn't have asked, so I'll assume you are genuinely interested in the military as a career.

[SSr]LouSaynis
01-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Vapid
I say go for it.

Not everyone can get in, so use any and every advantage you can to get ahead in life. Some might question joining the military but I think it will end up being the best occupation you could have, other than owning a business where you pay other people to do the work so you get to stay home and play video games. If you weren't considering joining you wouldn't have asked, so I'll assume you are genuinely interested in the military as a career. what he said

/SuPerMan\
01-25-2006, 02:32 AM
chief when i said senator what i really meant was congressman and if you dont know that theres only 2 senators per state and that representatives is based on population then you should have payed better attention in school and should probably brush up on the constitution

and if the "you have to serve" fact was directed towards me i was aware of that and i never said that serving was optional and if greek didnt have at least a little bit of the knowledge about paying up if you dont go back as a cow or fail then he may want to do a alittle bit more research before he considers west point as one of his options

=LOS= GRIFTER
01-25-2006, 08:37 PM
The ball is on your court...

usasmiley snipersmil rocketlaun machinegun pistolshoo

[SS]Vapid
01-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Chief when I said Senator what I really meant was Congressman and if you don’t know that there are only 2 Senators per state and that Representatives are based on population then you should have paid better attention in school and should probably brush up on the Constitution. I think you might want to spend more time in your English class.

[SS]Grunt
01-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Just so u know west point isnt NO JOKE, money and physically, u know what u are training to be?u got to get that out of urself not us bud.

[SS]Raiden
01-25-2006, 09:30 PM
i wish you would go so this thread would finally end!

/SuPerMan\
01-26-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Grunt
west point isnt NO JOKE

i guess im not the only one (but notice i dont point out the rest of his poist)

also 1 i was in a very bad mood that night and 2 im jsut all aroudn lazy when im typing on forums and instant messengers and i woudl also like to add a 3 and say i frEAKin'G HatE engLisH; lAss,

[SS]Vapid
01-26-2006, 01:21 AM
poist Poist? What's a poist?

/SuPerMan\
01-26-2006, 01:24 AM
oooooh dont tell me you never heard of poists! ooooh my god where have you been?

[SS]Chief
01-26-2006, 06:20 AM
Rator, please DANCINGLOC

Greek
01-26-2006, 06:25 PM
6 years then 3 fulltime researve and you become a Lt. And they really want you in the Para division. But yea i took some carrer tests and they said that i was more apt to a military carrer

[SS]Raiden
01-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Chief
Rator, please DANCINGLOC

I CONCUR

[SSr]LouSaynis
01-26-2006, 10:03 PM
yeah, this is getting way off topicDANCINGLOC

/SuPerMan\
01-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by mackdaddywhite
yeah, this is getting way off topicDANCINGLOC