PDA

View Full Version : War with Iran

BuddyChrist
01-17-2006, 05:38 AM
Do you guys think we are going to be invading Iran? Our forces are kinda spread to thin.

[SS]Chief
01-17-2006, 12:02 PM
I a word "no"....we are hoping that within their country that they over throw the government. I am sure we will provide money or training for those folks. But just like they did when the Shah ( http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c6/Mohammadreza_Shah.jpg) was in power in the late 70's (when he was overthrown) ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Revolution), the people made the choice. Right now, in a poll about 60% of the populace..hate the government.

NEO-X
01-17-2006, 12:10 PM
You know as much as we bitch about america, and our jobs, and this and that...

we really are spoiled beyond belief here in america.

Thank GOD that I live here and not there.usasmiley

[SS]Shooter
01-17-2006, 12:22 PM
We aren't spoiled. We EARNED this high standard of living.

We worked hard, killed a lot of Brits and Gerrys, and even nuked some fuckers to get to our current standard of living.

While everyone else was humping camels and dirt farming, we were inventing cars.

So, kick back with a cool one, light a cigar with a $20, and enjoy it.

PS. China best watch the f*** out or we'll nuke them too...

NEO-X
01-17-2006, 12:30 PM
^^Awesome Post!!!!DANCINGPEP DANCINGPEP DANCINGPEP

as Hoot would say:

Sour Cream and Onion Time Sour Cream and Onion Time Sour Cream and Onion Time

TIMEX.
01-17-2006, 01:47 PM
hey shooter, nice post..

and i hope we dont go to war with them..... thumbsdown

[SS]Hoot
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by =LOS= NEO-X
^^Awesome Post!!!!DANCINGPEP DANCINGPEP DANCINGPEP

as Hoot would say:

Sour Cream and Onion Time Sour Cream and Onion Time Sour Cream and Onion Time

YES!

[SS]Rator
01-17-2006, 02:08 PM
lol, just be careful of number 7 please...

http://seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2377

[SS]Vapid
01-17-2006, 02:44 PM
On a side note, is there a country that could stand up to our military? On a level playing field without hold troops in hospitals and without using kids as shields, is there anyone who can come close?

How many nuclear submarines and aircraft carriers do we have? How many does anyone else have?

Is there a tank that can out match ours? What about planes or helecopter?

/SuPerMan\
01-17-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm going to have to go with no one. There would definetely have to be a large alliance against us to stop us. And the only way enough countries would come together would be if we suddenly decided we wanted to control the rest of the world.

BuddyChrist
01-17-2006, 05:50 PM
China has a pretty big army. The largest in the world.

NEO-X
01-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Imagine this shit coming at you!!!

http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/Mar2005/050319-F-9629D-084_screen.jpg

mmmmm ABRAMS... mmmmmm

TIMEX.
01-17-2006, 07:12 PM
yeah VAPID, i would think China is pretty scary. i read somewhere that they spend about 50 billion a year more on their military than they report. they are developing their Nuclear Subs too. but we have nothing to worry about. "Chief" can probably clarify on this, but I think that we have something like 17 carrier fleets, which is composed of subs, aircraft carriers, supply ships, etc.. and the only other country that compares is Great Britian, which has 1, so i dont think we have anything to worry about. also, you never know what China is hiding from us...

overkil4825
01-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Vapid
On a side note, is there a country that could stand up to our military? On a level playing field without hold troops in hospitals and without using kids as shields, is there anyone who can come close?

How many nuclear submarines and aircraft carriers do we have? How many does anyone else have?

Is there a tank that can out match ours? What about planes or helecopter? the russians probably would come the closest, they have the SU-47 which comes pretty close to our F-22 Raptor and they have the alfa and typhoon class subs if a little out dated, they are still fairly good subs and at one point, I think that the Russians were selling the Chinese some of thier subs and training their crews...

P.S. I know, I have been reading a little too much Tom clancy

[SS]Vapid
01-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think any SU they have can come close to the F-22. I think they MAY (and only a maybe) have an edge over the F-15 after you factor our pilot training.

overkil4825
01-17-2006, 10:10 PM
the 47 actually comes fairly close I believe. I'll look into it and let you know when I find out about it.

EDIT:here is a page I found about the SU-47 (http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/s37/)

THE BADGER.
01-18-2006, 01:22 PM

I don't think the it will come down to who has the most stuff. 15 -20 well placed nukes could destroy this country. May not kill everyone, but it would destroy the country. But nukes are more for scare tactics. We by far have the most, only a chosen few know how many we truly have. I am not worried about Iran, they may have the ability to make a handful of nukes. But eventually they will stop making them, the UN will make sure of it. If not, then, well.... I just hope we don't have to pay for another war.

But we are the biggest and most powerful country, as far as military goes. China runs a close second. There are the only ones I would worry about. Russia is third I think. But since the fall of the U.S.S.R. they are really just a a big pussy cat. whipsmiley

overkil4825
01-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by THE BADGER.
But since the fall of the U.S.S.R. they are really just a big pussy cat. whipsmiley yep, they are

WEEZER
01-18-2006, 07:45 PM
a1surprise

ID_MSG
01-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by TIMEX.
yeah VAPID, i would think China is pretty scary. i read somewhere that they spend about 50 billion a year more on their military than they report. they are developing their Nuclear Subs too. but we have nothing to worry about. "Chief" can probably clarify on this, but I think that we have something like 17 carrier fleets, which is composed of subs, aircraft carriers, supply ships, etc.. and the only other country that compares is Great Britian, which has 1, so i dont think we have anything to worry about. also, you never know what China is hiding from us...

Nothing comes near the f-22, i load bombs on F-16s, and our F-16s have been refitted with stuff, that makes them the most advanced F16s we have, and I recently went to nellis afb and saw these things up close. 2 F22s could wipe out a entire squadron of the best F16s and pilots we got. Thier cruising speed is MACH 1! thats just normal old flying around! It can not be seen on radar, if u do see it, it looks like a bird on radar. And by the time u saw it with your eyes, its because u punched out and u are floating down in your chute, Im telling you this thing is bad! The Su you are talking about is a incredible plane, highly manueverable, like nothing you've seen, but its not stealth.

[SS]Chief
01-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by ID_MSG
i load bombs on F-16s

Hee hee....you loader....I knew the Chair Force had a spot like that. Welcome back ID_MSG, longtime no see!!!

ID_MSG
01-20-2006, 02:24 AM
hell no i aint in no chair force!! Those bastards work only on dayshift, 8 hours a day, get a 1 1/2 to work out and a hour lunch, while I'm out on the flight line working 10-12 hour shifts every night, no lunch and have work out before i come to work. its bs i tell you.

TIMEX.
01-20-2006, 07:37 PM
do you have weekends off?laffyguy

ID_MSG
01-21-2006, 04:18 PM
most the time, always someone at work on weekends we just dont all come in and take turns

[SSr]LouSaynis
01-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by ID_MSG
Nothing comes near the f-22, i load bombs on F-16s, and our F-16s have been refitted with stuff, that makes them the most advanced F16s we have, and I recently went to nellis afb and saw these things up close. 2 F22s could wipe out a entire squadron of the best F16s and pilots we got. Thier cruising speed is MACH 1! thats just normal old flying around! It can not be seen on radar, if u do see it, it looks like a bird on radar. And by the time u saw it with your eyes, its because u punched out and u are floating down in your chute, Im telling you this thing is bad! The Su you are talking about is a incredible plane, highly manueverable, like nothing you've seen, but its not stealth. yeah, I read some specs on the f-22, it is incredible