PDA

View Full Version : Semper Fratres...

Greek
01-12-2006, 01:34 AM
My grandfather (WWII Vet) was telling me a story. My grandfather was Discharged in 1946, and that was the last time he saw his platoon (1stSgt.). (my grandfather was discharged at the age of 37.) In 1963 he was walking to the store with my aunt (who was 7 at the time) And some guy yells, "hey Lanthey." My grandfather starts talking to him and 15 minutes later my grandfather pulls out his wallet and gives the man $40. During that time $40 dollars was alot of money for a blue colar worker. Well it turned out that the guy saved my grandfathers life, they were on patrol in Boganville, Phillipines, and they stopped for a break then all of a sudden a .50 starts firing. The guy dives across the path tackles my grandfather behind and my grandfather fall backwards from where he was sitting. The guy took a bullet 2" above the knee and one through the upper calf. And the guy remembered my Grandfather cause of the leader he was then. He didnt say anything about the event. But my grandfather remembered, cause Semper Fratres... Always Brothers (doesnt remember the guys name but my aunt verified that this happend) here he is
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/blacksabbath6969/coolpic.jpg

[SS]Rator
01-12-2006, 02:45 AM
Damn Right! Good story. Thnx

Greek
01-12-2006, 12:34 PM
No problem.