PDA

View Full Version : I bet you guys never thought that your clan would be so popular

NEO-X
01-03-2006, 01:26 PM
I just makes me laugh seeing how many users come to this forum.. and just how popular you guys are.

I wonder what your popularity is based on??? My first answer to that points me in the direction of "Presentation"

1. Your website kicks ass - which in turn makes you guys that more believable/legit

2. The fact that you've(Rator & others) have managed to recreate all of the Socom maps in such detail that are now so widely available thanks to your efforts.

3. TWB is definetly also a huge part of it.

I dunno, its just a clan.. however you guys seem to be more than that.

comments?? Thoughts??

[SS]Hoot
01-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Neo-X
I dunno, its just a clan.. however you guys seem to be more than that.

comments?? Thoughts??

Your right..... its more than a clan...... its a brotherhood. Semper Fratres.

[SS]Chief
01-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Hoot
Your right..... its more than a clan...... its a brotherhood. Semper Fratres.

Hoot hit the nail on the head.....a clan is not all about a cool website and some flashy graphics...a clan is about the People! And it is that, IMO that makes SS great (in my eyes..).

NEO-X
01-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Chief
Hoot hit the nail on the head.....a clan is not all about a cool website and some flashy graphics...a clan is about the People! And it is that, IMO that makes SS great (in my eyes..).

Yeah I certainly agree with that.. Im pretty tight with alot of my clan members.

Brotherhood... that about definetly sums it up...

I can officially rest in peace now.

[SS]Shooter
01-03-2006, 03:17 PM
For me, the [SS] and Socom are a BIG part of my life.

It's not just a clan. The clan members are my friends and brothers.

The clan can be as big or as little part of your life as you want it to be, depending on YOUR effort and time committment to it.

NEO-X
01-03-2006, 05:31 PM
What makes you feel like its a brotherhood??

What are your clan membership benifits?

Hope Im not prying too much, Im just looking for substance.

[SS]Rator
01-03-2006, 05:38 PM
We actually care about each other (not to sound gay, lol) but our guys do anything and everything for each other, members have sent members money, cables, routers, computers, you name it, if someone was in need they got the help they needed. Ever watch Band of Brothers? Yea , we're like those guys. The respect that everyone here has for each other is phenomenal, the effort that is put forth by everyone is exemplary.

Its not really something that you can explain, its something that is experienced.

As far as the main question... "I bet you guys never thought that your clan would be so popular"

I never thought so. I created the clan with the structure in place and rewards system, ranks etc and made sure to recruit the man and not the game. That has served us very well in the past 3+ years. We have only lost 1 man to another clan in that time.

Semper Fratres!

overkil4825
01-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
We have only lost 1 man to another clan in that time.
Im sorry. who did you lose?

[SS]Raiden
01-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by overkil4825
Im sorry. who did you lose?

We don`t speak of him anymore

his name i mean

overkil4825
01-07-2006, 11:14 PM
alright, I understand

Greek
01-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Hoot
Your right..... its more than a clan...... its a brotherhood. Semper Fratres. DAMN RIGHT SEMPER FI

[SS]TuefelHunden
01-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Greek
DAMN RIGHT SEMPER FI

Not sure if you know or not Greek, but Semper Fi is short for Semper Fidelis not Semper Fratres. Semper Fidelis means Always Faithful, where Semper Fratres means Always Brothers, or Brothers Forever.

Greek
01-08-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by [SS]TuefelHunden
Not sure if you know or not Greek, but Semper Fi is short for Semper Fidelis not Semper Fratres. Semper Fidelis means Always Faithful, where Semper Fratres means Always Brothers, or Brothers Forever. oh i knwo that, my cousin was a Marine in Vietnam

=LOS= GRIFTER
01-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Wow. I agree with [SS] in that the clan is much more than a game. Just to prove that point, a member of our current clan was having financial problems and couldn't buy S3. So my clan leader and a few of the members sent money for him to buy the game. Now he's enjoying it with all of us.

I really liked that.
=Last Ones Standing=

[SS]Cuervo
01-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by [SS]TuefelHunden
Not sure if you know or not Greek, but Semper Fi is short for Semper Fidelis not Semper Fratres. Semper Fidelis means Always Faithful, where Semper Fratres means Always Brothers, or Brothers Forever.

also the motto "SEMPER FRATRES" was originated WITHIN SS. After our 1 year anniversary, we all chipped in and Got Rator a engraved Naval Sword and I felt we should somehow incorporate a logo/motto on it. The motto needed to signify what the clan meant to each of us.. and yes that it was more than a clan.. but a brotherhood, so we came up with "Always brothers.. Semper Fratres"

[SS]Cuervo
01-09-2006, 11:26 AM
[SS]GRIFTER.. u got a fan!!

NEO-X
01-09-2006, 11:28 AM
^^I figured someone would say that.. my Boy Grifter actually has had that name for a while..

But like many Socom names.. there are various versions of the same name.

dancingban dancingban dancingban

=LOS= GRIFTER
01-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah. LOL!
I actually didn't know you guys had a "GRIFTER" in your clan although I knew about [SS] a long time ago.

[SS]Grifter
01-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by =LOS= GRIFTER
Yeah. LOL!
I actually didn't know you guys had a "GRIFTER" in your clan although I knew about [SS] a long time ago.

LOL....Yea, I have been here for 2 years. I don't use any ALT letters in my name, just a period at the end. I honestly didn't know it was a popular name until in SOCOM II, I was in a room with 3 other "Grifters". I tell you, it can be confusing when someone says, "Grifter, there's one on your right" and 4 guys are running around looking for some enemy...lol

Personally speaking, I'd like to think that our clan is popular because we treat those that we play with and against with the utmost respect. Sure, we're the "guys that did those maps", but even if you take away the web site and the maps, that wouldn't change how we treat others. We're fortunate enough to have a talented leader in Rator that can give us those things like the TWB and the maps and the web site. But when it's all said and done, we'd still do whatever we could for each other. I wouldn't trade playing with another group of friends for the world. And these guys are my friends. I'm not afraid to say that, "Yea, I made friends with these guys over the internet". While that may seem "weird" to some people, I don't care. These guys carried my ass out of a ditch when I broke my ankle at SniperCon, caught me as I fell off a set of stairs while we were going to lunch, made accomadations for me to sleep more comfortably and helped me out if I couldn't do something myself. Nobody had to do that. Nobody asked them to. That's just something that a true group of friends would do. regularsmi

[SS]Hoopdaddy
01-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Grifter You just made my day. Reading those words was just what I needed. I was having a bad day but then I read what you have to say about you Brothers and it gave me light at the end of the tunnel. Great post Grifter

NEO-X
01-09-2006, 02:22 PM
bigcry2

man thats just a tear jerker

[SS]Grifter
01-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by [SS]ManRider[r]
Grifter You just made my day. Reading those words was just what I needed. I was having a bad day but then I read what you have to say about you Brothers and it gave me light at the end of the tunnel. Great post Grifter

The only light at the end of the tunnel for you, is the one shining off of a big brass bell. Go ring it.

[SS]Chief
01-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Grifter
The only light at the end of the tunnel for you, is the one shining off of a big brass bell. Go ring it.

You tell him

dancingban whipsmiley

Dance little monkey....dance.

=LOS= GRIFTER
01-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Yes...
GRIFTER...I love you

Greek
01-09-2006, 06:40 PM
LOL....Yea, I have been here for 2 years. I don't use any ALT letters in my name, just a period at the end. I honestly didn't know it was a popular name until in SOCOM II, I was in a room with 3 other "Grifters". I tell you, it can be confusing when someone says, "Grifter, there's one on your right" and 4 guys are running around looking for some enemy...lol

Personally speaking, I'd like to think that our clan is popular because we treat those that we play with and against with the utmost respect. Sure, we're the "guys that did those maps", but even if you take away the web site and the maps, that wouldn't change how we treat others. We're fortunate enough to have a talented leader in Rator that can give us those things like the TWB and the maps and the web site. But when it's all said and done, we'd still do whatever we could for each other. I wouldn't trade playing with another group of friends for the world. And these guys are my friends. I'm not afraid to say that, "Yea, I made friends with these guys over the internet". While that may seem "weird" to some people, I don't care. These guys carried my ass out of a ditch when I broke my ankle at SniperCon, caught me as I fell off a set of stairs while we were going to lunch, made accomadations for me to sleep more comfortably and helped me out if I couldn't do something myself. Nobody had to do that. Nobody asked them to. That's just something that a true group of friends would do. regularsmi raiden is nice but when i aim him for th efirst time i felt very intimidated his buddy icon is scary then aboe all he right in bold blood red i almost shit my self

NEO-X
01-09-2006, 06:40 PM

LOL...

ah hazing..

Sounds like fun!!bighands

overkil4825
01-09-2006, 10:43 PM

Personally speaking, I'd like to think that our clan is popular because we treat those that we play with and against with the utmost respect. Sure, we're the "guys that did those maps", but even if you take away the web site and the maps, that wouldn't change how we treat others. We're fortunate enough to have a talented leader in Rator that can give us those things like the TWB and the maps and the web site. But when it's all said and done, we'd still do whatever we could for each other. I wouldn't trade playing with another group of friends for the world. And these guys are my friends. I'm not afraid to say that, "Yea, I made friends with these guys over the internet". While that may seem "weird" to some people, I don't care. These guys carried my ass out of a ditch when I broke my ankle at SniperCon, caught me as I fell off a set of stairs while we were going to lunch, made accomadations for me to sleep more comfortably and helped me out if I couldn't do something myself. Nobody had to do that. Nobody asked them to. That's just something that a true group of friends would do. regularsmi that is true friendship, man

Greek
01-09-2006, 11:02 PM

Personally speaking, I'd like to think that our clan is popular because we treat those that we play with and against with the utmost respect. Sure, we're the "guys that did those maps", but even if you take away the web site and the maps, that wouldn't change how we treat others. We're fortunate enough to have a talented leader in Rator that can give us those things like the TWB and the maps and the web site. But when it's all said and done, we'd still do whatever we could for each other. I wouldn't trade playing with another group of friends for the world. And these guys are my friends. I'm not afraid to say that, "Yea, I made friends with these guys over the internet". While that may seem "weird" to some people, I don't care. These guys carried my ass out of a ditch when I broke my ankle at SniperCon, caught me as I fell off a set of stairs while we were going to lunch, made accomadations for me to sleep more comfortably and helped me out if I couldn't do something myself. Nobody had to do that. Nobody asked them to. That's just something that a true group of friends would do. regularsmi is grifter the bald that got drunk and let the crab pinch his ass? mooner mooner

[SS]Vapid
01-10-2006, 01:40 AM
No, that was me.

[SS]Chief
01-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Greek
is grifter the bald that got drunk and let the crab pinch his ass? mooner mooner

Originally posted by [SS]Vapid
No, that was me.

Dude, did he just call you bald....obviously he didn't take a closer look at the pics...lol.

overkil4825
01-10-2006, 10:41 AM
which pics? can you give me a link?

[SS]Rator
01-10-2006, 12:53 PM
http://seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4565

[SS]Vapid
01-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Chief
Dude, did he just call you bald....obviously he didn't take a closer look at the pics...lol. I'm closer to being bald than I was to not putting a crab on my ass.

I am going to wax my head this week.

Greek
01-10-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm closer to being bald than I was to not putting a crab on my ass.

I am going to wax my head this week. thats gonna hurt freaker retardsmil

[SS]Chief
01-10-2006, 02:08 PM
I am going to wax my head this week.

Which one grosssmile

[SS]Vapid
01-10-2006, 02:09 PM
My cranium!

/SuPerMan\
01-11-2006, 07:40 PM
ahaha lmao

[TOU]EgoFreak
02-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Honestly, I never heard of u guyz until we warred ya. I still don't know that much, I just have Chief on my friend list cuz He's Navy as I am. So I figured if I get in close and get stationed with him sometime, maybe he can give me an EP!! lol Also we have a link to ur site from our site.

[SS]Chief
02-09-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by [TOU]EgoFreak
Honestly, I never heard of u guyz until we warred ya. I still don't know that much, I just have Chief on my friend list cuz He's Navy as I am. So I figured if I get in close and get stationed with him sometime, maybe he can give me an EP!! lol Also we have a link to ur site from our site.

Well, Ego...trust me, my guys bought the guide and found out that I was in SS...they couldn't beleve thier LCPO was playing SOCOM...I had a bunch of the guys challange me at work. But I had to decline (I didn't want to own them..or they would have to clean the heads..lol).
But come on down to Norfolk, I got your EP Eval waitin' for ya!

For those that don't know, EP is Early Promote, thus if you get one you can take an exam up to a year early. Plus it gives you more points toward advancement. Usally only the top 10% get this...so if you have a division of 50 like I do, there are various ranks, so for example I have 4 E-5's so only 1 can get it. There can only be ONE (sorry stupid movie line)!

But I digress....Ego I am the SEA now, so I have about 300 military that I have to watch out for...so you chances are good.

[TOU]EgoFreak
02-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Congrats on Senior Advisor!!! Hopefully u'll get that other star b4 you retire. I'm trying to get orders to Bahrain but my wife is talking me out of it. So I guess I will negotiate something else. Thanks for the offer but I will earn my EP. Last time I was in Virginia was for Combat Coxswain course last year. Cya around!!!!