PDA

View Full Version : Socom3 Stat Website?

WiZ
11-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Wasnt there gonna be a sweet Socom3 website that would track all your stats? If there is, I still dont know the address. Can anybody hook me up?

[SS]Rator
11-01-2005, 01:48 PM
OMG dude, your sig made me laugh out loud, nice. And no , Zipper pretty much shit the bed on that and lots of other things like the camera being fixed when youre dead and watching the living, the final screen? WTF is that ?! The final screen doesnt even tell us how many rounds each side won! WTF?! How are you supposed to know who won how many rounds? They really overlooked all of that and the stats crap they were talking at e3. "Oh yea, we're gonna have all these stats, more stats than you can handle." My ass. There were more stats in socom 2. Better final screens in S1 and S2. This better be fixed in a patch. They couldnt give us more worthless information on a final screen. Who the hell cares how many POINTS the terrorist team got?! WTF?!

ZIPPER! Listen up! Get rid of the total points stat and the MVP stuff from that final screen and give us a screen like EVERY OTHER FIRST PERSON SHOOTER IN THE WORLD HAS HAD SINCE THE DAWN OF TIME and show us EVERYONES total stats, AND each teams ROUNDS WON, i mean seriously, have you guys ever even PLAYED the game? Have you ever played a FPS in your life? As a clan? On a demo? I mean wtf?! Just because you're making money selling S3, doesnt mean it's a great game or flawless by any means. If you dont play, then listen to the people who do. Just because you took the "wishlist" at e3, doesnt mean youre "listening to the people".

Ok so you added vehicles? Big deal. You added customizable weapons, wow thanks. You try to make the game customizable but you dont let us really customize it. I cant turn on or off any weapon or loadout like scopes or front grips. Night and day, wow, thanks. How bout the weather options you promised? And the modes thing, wtf? Oh yeah we're gonna have all these modes. Yea well Harvester is the only map that has all 7 modes playable. Weak.

You want some ideas? Go play Battlefield 2, shit, go play an old version of Raven Shield for the PC, i mean the games are out there guys, wtf?! Do a little research. All i can say is that you can tell when a game is made by gamers (GTA) and you can tell when a game isn't (SOCOM 1,2 & 3). If you played the damn game , you'd know what you'd want to have in it. You dont so you dont and thats weak.

Don't get me wrong, Socom is fun. Its just the little things that we have to deal with on a daily basis that make us angry.

WiZ
11-01-2005, 02:15 PM
The best part about my sig that most dont notice.... On the Wizard's screen its our clan website :)

Also, due to all the bullshit you mentioned, I have put away Socom3 and started playing BF2 for the PS2. Now thats the way stats should be kept.

If you put a lobby in BF2 and took out the option of respawn, Id never be on Socom again.

[SS]Steve-O
11-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by WiZ
The best part about my sig that most dont notice.... On the Wizard's screen its our clan website :)

Also, due to all the bullshit you mentioned, I have put away Socom3 and started playing BF2 for the PS2. Now thats the way stats should be kept.

If you put a lobby in BF2 and took out the option of respawn, Id never be on Socom again.

Is the quote from your sig from Seinfeld?

[SS]Cuervo
11-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Not originally Steve-O

Nobody Beats The Wiz was the name of a chain of electronic stores in the northeastern United States, primarily in New York and New Jersey. The chain, which opened its first store in 1977, was sometimes referred to by its shortened name, The Wiz, and was officialy known as The Wiz after Cablevision brought the chain in 1998. The acquisition came shortly after the chain filed for bankruptcy.

The chain closed for good in 2003. According to a Stereophile Magazine article from February 16, 2003, a Cablevision press release stated: "Continuing to operate the stores is no longer a viable option for Cablevision as business conditions at the retailer eroded due to a weakened retail economy and other factors." The business still had a web site that was taking orders as of August 2005.

Nobody Beats The Wiz has also been featured as a pop culture reference. For example, in an episode of Seinfeld, Elaine becomes unknowingly infatuated with "The Wiz" who appears to be the pitchman for the Nobody Beats The Wiz chain.

Inceidently.. the site is STILL up

http://www.thewiz.com

[SS]Rator
11-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Yeah bf2 is not socom and vice - versa, and i have been saying that for years. Remove the respawn option from bf2 and its a socom killer for sure.

[SS]TuefelHunden
11-01-2005, 04:09 PM
BF 2 is a great game indeed. And although the respawn feature, or failure, has been noted, the fact that the game is only available in first person is what irritates me the most.

[SS]Rator
11-01-2005, 04:53 PM
noob. lol.

[SS]Chief
11-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Tuefel Hunden
BF 2 is a great game indeed. And although the respawn feature, or failure, has been noted, the fact that the game is only available in first person is what irritates me the most.

And you are, who again?

BF2 freakin rocks that house yall!!

WiZ
11-01-2005, 06:22 PM
If BF2 had a way to disable respawn, I'd never play Socom again.

They need:

1) Capture the Flag
2) Last Man Standing
3) Respawn

I usually dislike FPS games but for some reason I dont feel so "trapped in" BF2. Like I said in a previous post, fix the BF2 lobby and give another mode option like Last Man Standing and my Socom days are over.

hannibal
11-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Honestly I was not aware that there were better games out there. I buy 2 games a year and they are Madden and Socom. I guess I need to expand my tastes a little. Is BF2 as good as you guys are saying or you just ranting?

WiZ
11-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Sincerely..... I like the game. Not just because Im not happy with Socom3. I had the BF2 demo disc before either game was released and I played the hell out of it. So, even when I had all my eggs into the Socom3 basket, I still played BF2's demo.

Did you ever play the game Mercenaries? BF2 is Mercenaries online but in first person view. The BF2 maps are so much better. The vehicles are so much better then the Socom3 ones.

Im sure some will get tired of the non-stop fast pace respawn and like Ive said, thats this games ONLY downfall. It needs more "modes".

[SS]Rator
11-02-2005, 01:48 PM
BF2 for the PC is one of the best video games ever. You do need a phat PC to run it tho. I had to dump $300+ into mine just to run it.

WiZ
11-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
BF2 for the PC is one of the best video games ever. You do need a phat PC to run it tho. I had to dump $300+ into mine just to run it.

lol, $475 here.........

TIMEX.
11-02-2005, 03:58 PM
LOL!! damn Cuervo, thats a pretty developed answer! haha. I guess that i know who the trivia buff of [SS] is..toothysmil

djlotus
11-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Sony and Zipper definitaly dropped the ball on Socom 3. I believe they tried to hard to make it similar to other FPS, such as BF2. It almost doesnt feel like Socom anymore. They half did the wishlist, and removed the few things that made it stand out. I run a ladder site for online games, and I had to reinstall my script under a sub-domain, just to accomodate the dreadful room creation options they made for S3. They didnt even think the maps through. For instance; have any of you had the miserable experiance of playing Devils Road, as an EXTRACTION? It's bad enough that whoever has to extract can get a draw, but to not lose the map for lack of extraction is Rediculous !!! I have only played that map 3 times where it finished in 11 rounds. It's a camp fest. I'm for the stratagy of camping, when it helps you to win the round. There is no incentive in an EXTRACTION map anymore to oactual accomplish the mission objectives. It is simply a supression map, with more points awarded to the guy who actually does extract.

Also, whats up with he description of the game in the in game lobby. They dont specify WHO needs to What. It took me about a week to figure out who extracts on map "x", and who extracts on map "y".

They definitaly screwed the pooch on this one. mooner

Devil-Fish
11-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by TIMEX.
LOL!! damn Cuervo, thats a pretty developed answer! haha. I guess that i know who the trivia buff of [SS] is..toothysmil

Cuervo - I was wondering if you had stock in the company or something, damn LoL. Nice Sig though WIZ!

Devil

[SS]Vapid
11-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by djlotus
For instance; have any of you had the miserable experiance of playing Devils Road, as an EXTRACTION? It's bad enough that whoever has to extract can get a draw, but to not lose the map for lack of extraction is Rediculous !!! I have only played that map 3 times where it finished in 11 rounds. It's a camp fest. I'm for the stratagy of camping, when it helps you to win the round. There is no incentive in an EXTRACTION map anymore to oactual accomplish the mission objectives. It is simply a supression map, with more points awarded to the guy who actually does extract. It wasn't any different on Socom 2. I think S3 is overly hard for the Seals to get a win on extraction with the size of the maps, but S2 would draw out if time expired on extraction maps; Fishhook, Desert Glory, Death Trap. On S2 the Seals had to use force to go get the hostages, that's what still needs to be done. I do think the Seals should loose if time expires because the directions are to 'extract'.