[SS]Informer
10-28-2005, 01:17 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/matrixmouse.html

[SS]Rator
10-28-2005, 01:33 PM
lol poor little bastard.

[SS]Chief
10-28-2005, 02:01 PM
We never saw Vapids Chicken dance Video that he gave his Snake....

[SS]Vapid
10-28-2005, 02:19 PM
One of the "Small" snakes ate a chicken AND a duck in one sitting!

[SS]Steve-O
10-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Vapid
One of the "Small" snakes ate a chicken AND a duck in one sitting!

I need some video for proof.

[SS]Vapid
10-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Alright. I'll make it happen.

TIMEX.
10-28-2005, 05:13 PM
why Vapid, do u raise snakes or something? sounds pretty cool.

[SS]Vapid
10-28-2005, 05:22 PM
I was planning on raising them but my brother didn't clsoe thier house up tight enough one night last winter and 2 of the females I was going to breed died.

Now I just have them to have them.

TIMEX.
10-30-2005, 12:45 PM
no way! what kind of snakes were they, and what kinds do you have now?

[SS]Vapid
10-31-2005, 12:16 AM
These are not actual pictures of my snakes.

I currently have 3 Reticulated Pythons. The male (10 feet) is a Tiger Retic (http://www.venomousreptiles.org/data/classifieds/images/9054.jpg) , and the two females (both between 8 and 9 feet) are standard Reticulated Python (http://www.albany.net/~mike/reticsul.jpg).

The ones who died were also Reticulated Pythons. There was one male and one female Albino Retic (http://www.albino-boa.de/images/Pythons/zwerg_retic/Unbenannt-14.1.jpg), and a Super Tiger Retic (http://www.exoticjungle.net/galleries/3/images/super%20tiger%20retic3.jpg).

Each female will lay around 60 eggs a year. After 2 generations I would have been getting the following breakdown and price per.

4 Albino Super Tigers ($20,000.00)
8 Albino Tigers ($15,000.00)
4 Albino Regular ($2,000.00)
8 Super Tigers who carry albino ($2,000.00)
16 Tigers who carry albino ($1,000.00)
8 Regular who carry albino ($1,000.00)
4 Super Tigers (500.00)
8 Tigers (250.00)
4 Regular (100.00)

...yes, people pay $20,000.00 for a snake.

Here's a full grown Retic (http://www.albino-boa.de/images/Besuch_USA/011218_RETIC_09_500.jpg)

I also have a young Green Tree Python (http://www.britt2.com/exceptional/eqs/images/GreenTreeYellowMale.jpg) just because he looks cool.

TIMEX.
10-31-2005, 10:52 AM
wow thats amazing! that full grown one is HUGE.. and i cant believe that someone would pay 20k for a snake! and you would have had 4 of them!?!? plus the 8 albino tigers at 15k each! damn man, if i could, i would get back into that business. im suprised your not going to do it. does it take alot of time or something?
-X-

[SS]Vapid
10-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah, it's A LOT of work. The females aren't ready to breed until they are around 14 feet. These snakes can grow really fast and could be 14-15 feet by the time they are 2 years old if you over feed them. My 8-9 foot snakes eat a chicken every 2 weeks and the 10 feet snake eats 2 chickens every 2 weeks. Next year he'll be eating pigs. You can't imagine the mess they make a few days after eating. I keep them together because they are still juveniles but I'll need to give each one their own house in the next few months. They regularly grow to over 25 feet and they are extreamly powerful. A 15 foot Retic can easily kill a person and it is recomended that once they are 12 feet you always have a person with you incase you are attacked.

TIMEX.
10-31-2005, 08:14 PM
wow.......thats crazy!! if u dont feel like answering these questions dont, but how do u feed them the pigs and chickens? are they alive? and what are their houses like? what kind grow up to 25 feet!?? i didnt read that before. and these are all constrictors right? wow, this is really cool, i never knew that there was so much to know about snakes, and i didnt know that you could raise them, and breed them...
dancingban

[SS]Vapid
10-31-2005, 08:35 PM
I have no problem answering your questions.

I feed them live chickens. If you have a small snake, like the Green Tree Python, you can go to PetCo and buy a mouse for $1.50 once a week and you'll be okay. You can also pick up rats from PetCo without breaking the bank. When you get into rabbits, you start to spend a lot of money. I had to do a lot of searching to find a place that would sell me rabbits for a reasonible price. The ones at PetCo are pet rabbits and go for $15.00 or more while the ones I was getting are a pretty aggressive but they cost $4.00. When my snakes started eating 3 and 4 rabbits I had to find a place that would sell me the chickens. I found a guy who sells chickens, ducks, turkeys, ect to people as pets. I buy the chickens nobody wants and he sells them to me for $2.00. Sometimes I get crazy ones, like the one that would only walk in clockwise circles. When I need pigs I hope he can get them for me.

A lot of people say it's better to feed the snakes freeze dried food because it makes the animal less agressive but I think feel it's healthier for the snake to have that hunt.

I learned the hard way that these animals are no joke. They eat people in the wild. Everyone has heard of the Anaconda, these are bigger. There has never been a documented/verified account of an Anconda eating a person. The Anaconda has more girth but the Reticulated Python is the longest snake in the world. I will probably choose to not breed them because the animal gets the short side of the deal when people decide they are to much animal to take care of. As far as snakes go, they really are pretty impressive looking and they really smart (for a snake).

TIMEX.
11-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Vapid
Sometimes I get crazy ones, like the one that would only walk in clockwise circles.

LMFAO!!!rofl

thats cool man, but i can see that it could be dangerous and pricey. where do you keep them? u said houses, but what are those like. and how can u trust them, do they get to know you as their owner? also i always thought that the Anaconda was a killer, lol. the reticulated python is a constrictor right, or do they bite too? and i agree about feeding them live food, its more natural that way.

[SS]Vapid
11-02-2005, 05:27 AM
Yes, they bite. Mine have only bitten as a mistake when they thought they were going to get fed. I've never taken a serious hit where they latch on. It's usually just a strike.

Here's a skull of a Retic.
http://www.boneclones.com/images/BC_118.jpg

I saw a 12 footer bite a lady at the pet store on mistake because of the way she was feeding him. She was holding a rat by the tail and bouncing it back and forth. The snake tried to get the rat and got her hand instead. She was wearing a HEAVY leather work glove and he went right through it. She broke several bones in her hand, needed over 100 stitches, and many months to rehabilitate her hand. Not very pleasant.

As far as thier house goes, I have mine in a 6'x2'x2' wood inclosure. I use a giant kitty litter dish for their water, 5 gallon totes (upside down with a hole in the side) for them to hide in, and various heat laps. I want to build a plastic inclosure with a resivour on one side for water, drainage system, and it's own climate control. I just have to decide on the building material.

[SS]Steve-O
11-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by TIMEX.
wow.......thats crazy!! if u dont feel like answering these questions dont, ....

You got him all worked up now, he won't sleep for days. All he will ever talk about now is "Did you see what I wrote to Timex about the jumping frog snake, or the picture that I showed Timex of the snake eating Star Jones.", he may not mind but we do, (sarcasticly)thanks a lot Timex.

j/king Vapid, I still don't see any video yetbigcry2 toothysmil

[SS]Vapid
11-02-2005, 12:27 PM
I'll get it recorded.

TIMEX.
11-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Steve-O
"Did you see what I wrote to Timex about the jumping frog snake, or the picture that I showed Timex of the snake eating Star Jones.

LOL....i cant help it steve-o!! this stuff is cool! toothysmil

and that skull is fricken scary! look @ all those teeth! SCREAMYGUY

I cant imagine the ammount of power behind one of their bites! I mean, to bite through a leather glove and break bones!?! damn! not for me....sillysmile

and yeah vapid, i wanna see those videos...sounds cool. just be careful, imagine what would happen if you couldnt play socom for months because you got bit by a snake... (while trying to film it eating a chicken that only ran in clockwise circles....lol.)laffyguy

ps. can they distinguish you as their owner?

[SS]Vapid
11-03-2005, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by TIMEX.
can they distinguish you as their owner? I believe they can. When i approach their house they move closer to what ever door I'm at. My brother wants nothing to do with them and when he approaches their house they don't move at all. When anyone else is handling them they get real nervous and wnat to be put down. They also know my dogs and my cat. My cat used to jump into the snakes house when I was cleaning it and the snakes wouldn't try to attack. There were many times I turned around to find the cat sniffing the snakes face, and they never tried to eat him.

The teeth on my 10 foot snake are about 1/4 inch in length.

[SS]Vapid
11-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Here's an African Rock Python eating a Gazelle.
http://209.233.186.60/AprilFolder/absolute/misc/bigsnakes/afrrock1.jpg

The African Rock Python does not grow to be as big as the Reticulated Python.

Here is a picture of a Retic eating a person. I believe this is a fake, but it is a good example of how easy it would be.
http://www.mooseheaven.com/snake/snake5.jpg

Heres' a large Burmese (I think)
http://5octave.com/images/snakes/PYTHON.JPG

/SuPerMan\
11-07-2005, 12:10 AM
wow....im in awe haha

ive alwasy wanted to get a snake but my mom would like flip out

but in ur opion what would b a good first snake that is fo a snake easy to handle and not too expensive ( i know there is no "easy" or "inexpensive" snake for the most part but whats one that is easier and less expensive than most)

if i were u and saw my cat hop into the snake hosue then i turn aroudn and look back and the thing was gone but now the snake had a big lump in it i would b like WTF then i would laugh becuase i would think how funny that would b if the snake opened its mouth annd all u heard was meoooow lol dark humor there

/SuPerMan\
11-07-2005, 12:12 AM
o and btw after liek the 3rd time the matrix mouse evaded the snake i woulda taken it out and kept it as a pet hahaha cause that thing is awsome

[SS]Vapid
11-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Most people buy a Red Tail Boa or a Ball Python. I think the Green Tree Python is a better 1st snake. THe only problem is the Green Tree will cost around $500.00. It hurts a little to pay that much but it really is wortj it, if you are interested in keeping a snake. They are easy to take care of and generally don't have health problems.

/SuPerMan\
11-09-2005, 04:57 PM
alright thanks