PDA

View Full Version : S3 Credit card verification

[SS]Rator
10-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Yes. You DO need to enter a credit card number, your addy, email etc. to "verify" your account. You will get an email saying youve been verified. It took a few minutes for it to recognize that i verified my account, but it does work. This will allow you to create a clan, join ranked games, make rooms, and be ranked and some other stuff too. Have one handy...

TIMEX.
10-11-2005, 05:19 PM
hmmm.....i wonder if its secure? and i wonder how much its going to change the gameplay, as far as how many pple are going to be willing to put that info on there..... we'll probably only have like 15,000 average people logged on, as opposed to 25,000?? what do u guys think.snipersmil

[SS]Frost
10-11-2005, 05:45 PM
You may be right TIMEX. Maybe this will cut down the lag too. Having less people on the servers.

[SS]Rator
10-11-2005, 05:59 PM
well there just wont be as many stupid fly by night clans. The CC is needed to make and join a clan from what i know, when i logged in, i was the only person in 20 that had a tag.

I think there will still be as many people playing, just not in clans and not ranked.

~~HF~~ Roket
10-11-2005, 06:25 PM
I noticed this is causing quite a stir on the US PS2 forums, and is the same down here in Aus. Personally I think it is a fantastic idea, and really hope they keep this feature in the game for the PAL release. This should be a real dterrent for those who abuse the system.

Well done Zipper bigclap

[SS]SportoFu
10-11-2005, 09:12 PM
I concur.

BTW Roket, where in Australia are you? I have a couple of girlfriends in Bendigo right now.

[101] Hog Wild
10-11-2005, 11:08 PM
It's depressing to me, the CC issue. I have one. But some fantastic people in my clan don't. They don't glitch or TK. But because of their own situation, either age, in college, or bad credit, they can't join our clan online.

I think it's a step in the wrong direction. What's next? Your first born (exagerrating of course, but where this end up?).

I think the best solution to glitchers, cheaters, and trouble makers is if you are voted out of a room, you can't join "ANY" room for 3 hours (or more) regardless of if you log off or not. That would cut down on alot of problems from S1 and S2.

Call it self-policing. At least that way, no one in a established clan is left behind because they are under 18, in college with no job, or just bad credit.

[SS]Vapid
10-11-2005, 11:16 PM
can you register their name on your credit card?

LegendKiller
10-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Vapid
can you register their name on your credit card?
Only one name per credit card,by the way long time no see everyone and hope to see you on socom 3 soon.

[SS]Vapid
10-11-2005, 11:53 PM
You're always welcome here Legend.

~~HF~~ Roket
10-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by [SS]SportoFu
I concur.

BTW Roket, where in Australia are you? I have a couple of girlfriends in Bendigo right now.

I'm in Northern NSW, a little town near the QLD border.

[SS]Rator
10-12-2005, 02:07 AM
i agree i think its a cop out personally. They couldnt fix the game to be cheat free so they make you put a CC in? Easy way out if you ask me. But who knows why they did it, they never tell us anything.

LegendKiller
10-12-2005, 02:16 AM
Yea i havent seen an official statement from anyone regarding the credit card issue,they just threw it at us and like you said its like they just tossed that in there so it looked like they tried to do something about the cheaters..etc.Im just hoping that this is 100% safe from hackers.

[SS]Shooter
10-12-2005, 09:58 AM
On one hand, Rator is correct, they need to fix everything so this isn't an issue.

BUT, given the time and efforts the kiddies go to to find every last possible glitch/exploitable thing in the game, it makes sense to be able to track jackasses, cheaters, etc.

I do like the idea that if you play in clan/ranked rooms everyone will have a Socom name linked with a verifiable ID. There shouldn't be problems....if someone acts like a jackass, they WILL answer for it in some shape or form. Provided that Sony sets up a way to discipline people.

Most of us only play in our own rooms or in semi-private rooms anyways....

[SS]Frost
10-12-2005, 10:50 AM
I concur with everything. shiftyeyes

Demolicious
10-12-2005, 12:27 PM
This will also get rid of Ringers and Ringer names. Clans wont be able to carry extra names on their roster so that players not in their clan can log in under them and war with them.

[SS]Cuervo
10-12-2005, 01:48 PM
someone mentioned Western Union ... u can also Use Payapl.

Either of those will issue u a Debit/CC card which you have to put money into (via online)

They should work as it has all the information Socom needs.. u dont need money in it

TIMEX.
10-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by LegendKiller
Only one name per credit card,by the way long time no see everyone and hope to see you on socom 3 soon.

i read somewhere that it was 3 names per credit card...? anyone hear that too?

LegendKiller
10-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by TIMEX.
i read somewhere that it was 3 names per credit card...? anyone hear that too?
For me its no names because the thing wont accept my credit card number some error pops up,also my mic hasnt worked at all,anyone else dissapointed overall in this game as i am.I guess i can play respawn and unranked games till that credit card thing gets taken off hopefully.

Mech16xx
10-12-2005, 11:04 PM
most people i know have said that you cant use the credit card number more then once.

[SS]Chief
10-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by LegendKiller
For me its no names because the thing wont accept my credit card number some error pops up,also my mic hasnt worked at all,anyone else dissapointed overall in this game as i am.I guess i can play respawn and unranked games till that credit card thing gets taken off hopefully.

Killer,
As far as the mic not working, I ran into this same issue. What I found to fix it has to do with your router....if you have one for example like a linksys. You need to open up Internet Exploer and type in the IP to get to the router ( I think it is http://192.168.1.1/)
-Then look for the tab that is call Applications and Gaming (and go to it)
-Then you will see DMZ Click it
-Make sure that your DMZ is disabled

And that should clear it up for you.

-sTeVe-
10-13-2005, 10:13 AM
You can still play without using a credit card...glitchers can still glitch and team killers can still team kill...If someone with a "verified" account enters your room and starts glitching they arent going to care if they get voted out...there is no penalty... as for the lag issue...its not the number of people on the server..its the QUALITY of those servers...S2 was built for 100,000 people but could only support MAYBE 20000 without causing major problems..your always going to have those people with 9 routers, 3 playstations, and 5 computers trying to play causing lag..its really unavoidable. Personally i havent gotten my copy of S3 yet but a friend of mine did and he told me can play every map use any gun and he hasnt put in a credit card...to form a clan with people who either refuse to use a card or simply dont have one they are just going to have to be friends list clans with the clan tag in your user name...I think the credit card idea is bullshit...if your not charging WHY DO YOU NEED MY CREDIT CARD!! An email address would have been better to "verify" a user. because if someone can play socom online chances are they can get access to yahoo mail to click on a damn link to verify an account....that just my opinon, but then again im just a stoner/alcoholic college student stuck in mooner fuck upstate new york with nothing better to do then play socom toothysmil !

[SS]Chief
10-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by -sTeVe-
You can still play without using a credit card...they are just going to have to be friends list clans with the clan tag in your user name...

I agree the Credit Card is a little extream...but just so you know. You don't have a Friends List Unless you are verified...so no friends list clans...sorry. It will be more like an AIM list clan....

-sTeVe-
10-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Yah thats like what i meant..something OTHER than an official clan...lol

LegendKiller
10-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Chief
Killer,
As far as the mic not working, I ran into this same issue. What I found to fix it has to do with your router....if you have one for example like a linksys. You need to open up Internet Exploer and type in the IP to get to the router ( I think it is http://192.168.1.1/)
-Then look for the tab that is call Applications and Gaming (and go to it)
-Then you will see DMZ Click it
-Make sure that your DMZ is disabled

And that should clear it up for you.
Thanks for the info,anyone else having trouble getting verfified,it shows some error screen..ive tried 5 different credit cards many times and nothing.

TIMEX.
10-13-2005, 06:27 PM
ive heard of that.....all the info that you plug in needs to be the same as your credit card's. ex. i heard that it asks for ur mothers maiden name so that has to match, or your security question has to be the same. try that... idk

LegendKiller
10-13-2005, 07:57 PM
ive heard of that.....all the info that you plug in needs to be the same as your credit card's. ex. i heard that it asks for ur mothers maiden name so that has to match, or your security question has to be the same. try that... idk
It still wont work and for some reason after doing that thing to fix my mic it still doesnt work,im sure in a few days ill be able to get everything working once everything settles.

-sTeVe-
10-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Maybe your mic is broken?? lol

LegendKiller
10-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by -sTeVe-
Maybe your mic is broken?? lol
Works fine on socom 2 online and socom 3 single player,but ive heard from many people that mics arent working so maybe in a few days or so it will be fixed.

Demolicious
10-14-2005, 02:19 AM
I heard the mic issue had to do with a certian type of mic, BUT I use that type of mic and hadnt had any issues. Remember the info you give for your account must match the info on the CC you use. So if you use someone elses CC then make sure that the info you give matches all the info that their CC company has as the info on that user. You might need to contact your CC company and verify all your info. They also might be able to tell you why the transaction isnt going thru. And from what I understand there is a transaction done inorder to verify the CC info. They charge $1 to your account then remove or refund a few days later. I might be wrong on that but I remember reading that somewhere.

TIMEX.
10-14-2005, 02:36 PM
ok, what is the real reason for the CC anyway, i mean yeah everyone is doing it...but why?!? if we arent paying for it then, why do we need to put that info in?

LegendKiller
10-14-2005, 03:27 PM
ok, what is the real reason for the CC anyway, i mean yeah everyone is doing it...but why?!? if we arent paying for it then, why do we need to put that info in?
Very good question,it obiously isnt for cheaters because ive already seen people under the maps and glitches from socom 2.Another question though is exactly how safe is it to put your credit card number on there?

Nile
10-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Are you able to use someone elses CC? Like, I would like to use my mom or dads. Thanks

-Nile

Nile
10-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Nevermind, I finished reading everyones posts. Thanks anyways

-Nile

[SS]Vapid
10-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Nile, Yes you can enter anyones credit card info. You will need to enter all the inforamtion for that person to match the credit card.

LegendKiller
10-19-2005, 09:45 PM
I still cant get verified i get some error message everytime.Ive tried different cards,i even had someone else do it for me just in case if i was doing it wrong,still nothing so i call the credit card company and ask whats up and they say they dont recommend putting my information out in the open like that,im not sure what else to try,any suggestions??

Captain
10-19-2005, 10:09 PM
are you also including with the card number the security code on the back of the card(it's the set of numbers after the card number on the back)

LegendKiller
10-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Captain
are you also including with the card number the security code on the back of the card(it's the set of numbers after the card number on the back)
Yep and no the credit card is not expired.

[101] Hog Wild
10-19-2005, 11:27 PM
We in 101st, have had two members who went and purchased a $5 Visa gift card (8 bucks total for the transaction) and use that to get "Verified".

It works, two of our members have done this. Hope it helps.

Nile
10-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Everything is secure right? Because my dad wont let me use his unless its 100% secure. So what do they do with the information once youve put it in? Do they delete the info? Because like I read earlier that it could be hackers heaven.

-Nile

[SS]Steve-O
10-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Nile
Everything is secure right? Because my dad wont let me use his unless its 100% secure. So what do they do with the information once youve put it in? Do they delete the info? Because like I read earlier that it could be hackers heaven.

-Nile

Nothing is 100% for sure. Although if anything happens the credit card company will usally credit your account for anything that was stolen, as long as you have nothing to do with it.

Pai-Mei
10-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Its a simple age verification. The game has a mature rating, plus they have no way of editing mic chatter and such. It basically saves their butts if a minor, or their parents, decide that Zipper and Sony should be doing something about it. So this verifies that you have consent to play.

Nile
10-20-2005, 05:20 PM
so nobody from Sony or Zipper can actually access the CC #'s? Sweet. Sorry bout all the questions, my dad is just SO skeptical about putting his CC# into a videogame.

-Nile

[SS]Shooter
10-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Nile
so nobody from Sony or Zipper can actually access the CC #'s? Sweet. Sorry bout all the questions, my dad is just SO skeptical about putting his CC# into a videogame.
-Nile

The credit card companies are pretty good about crediting you for all unauthorized usage. And Sony is a pretty big outfit with lots of security as well.