PDA

View Full Version : PC problem #2

[SS]Snakebite
10-09-2003, 10:59 AM
Didn't want to change Jammer's thread, so I started another.

I got my Comcast cable internet and it's fast! No complaints about it other than whenever my laptop is used it loses connection ever 5 or 10 mins. I have 2 wireless PS2 adapters to play socom with and they work fine when used alone. If the laptop is turned on it boots both PS2's. This is really starting to irritate me. It's a brand new Linksys wireless router. Anyone have a clue what I need to try. (the laptop is hard wired to the router, I havent been able to make the wireless lan card work in it yet either).

[SS]Cuervo
10-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Snake.. the frequencies must be interferring with each other between the two.. change the frequency of your wireless card... unless you can change it on your controllers.. here is the ultimate test...

unplug the Infrared reciever that plugs into the PS2 for your controllers, have ur PS2 online.. and then boot up ur laptop.. should no longer be sending frequencies to your PS2 via the infrared reciver to reboot.. hence.. you cable controllers, change the frequencies till they dont interfeer.. keep laptop turned off, or use a LAN cable

[SS]Cuervo
10-09-2003, 07:59 PM
Nah breach.. i got cisco wireless all around me at work.. with access points everywhere.. and when designing it.. it was one of the issues.. with people usig wireless keyboards and mice.. so they made sure they were running on a rarely used frequency

<WH>sMoKeOuT
10-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Maybe update your Firmware for your Router.I had the same problem with it booting me and that fixed it.But I could be wrong.

[SS]Steve-O
10-10-2003, 08:40 AM
what is with the 3 posts Ful, glitch?

[SS]Snakebite
10-10-2003, 10:05 AM
Well it fixed it for about 30 mins. It happened again and I had to shut down the laptop. After than, PS2 ran fine no lag, no boot. I guess I'll have to call tech support....ewwww

[SS]Dr.Who
10-10-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Snakebite
Well it fixed it for about 30 mins. It happened again and I had to shut down the laptop. After than, PS2 ran fine no lag, no boot. I guess I'll have to call tech support....ewwww

aint no thing as support lol