PDA

View Full Version : S3 Online Update...

[SS]Chief
04-14-2005, 06:26 PM
This was translated from a French site using Google....

http://www.playfrance.com/ps2-Socom-3/news/474,94989-Info-Socom-3-se-devoile.html

[Information ] Socom 3 is revealed!
April 1, 2005 with 21h18 by Steven

Revealed a few weeks ago by Sony at the time of a conference, Socom 3 had been the object only one presentation of its Offline part. Today, Zipper Interactive finally decided to speak about the famous Online mode awaited so much by the community of players. The first information relates to the maps which will be divided into two great parts: best charts of Socom 1 and 2 (modified for the occasion) and 11 completely new maps. These new charts would be, for certain, up to 2 times larger than those of the precedent opus and were studied perfectly to push the tactical aspect of the software to its paroxysm. The developer ensures us in addition that the balance of the forces (seals/terros) was the very detailed attention object in order to make the confrontations even more intense.

The physical engine of Socom 3 will make him also new skin with an exponential multiplication of the destructible elements in the decorations or a localization of the damage led to the extreme. A ball in the head and your enemy died. Aim in the leg and this one will be wounded and in the incapacity to run or go according to the gravity of the wound (according to the weapon, the distance...).

As regards the play with properly spoken, two new fashions of play should make their appearance, being added to five the already present ones in Socom 2 . This new opus will strongly stress the clans which the players will be able to create or join. Thus, a very whole section should be dedicated to the management of the life of the clan. One thus announces the possibility of customiser to us his persos and his clan in order to, for example, to reveal a logo (single) on the uniforms of the members. The zone reserved to the clan will also make it possible to easily develop strategies for the future matches. The charts of the play could for example be used in order to register visible information by all there. The members of the clan will be able to test all their tactics directly by facing the club-footed ones with a variable IA. This mode will be very useful in order to discover the gaps and strong points of a strategy to make modifications there so necessary.

Strategy, here is certainly the Master word of this Socom 3 . All seems to be done to push the players and the teams in their last cuttings off in order to work out the strongest techniques. The possibility of swimming or the appearance of air ducts in certain buildings is perfect examples. As if that were not enough, the teams of Zipper Interactive considered it convenient to remove the possibility of seeing which members of its TEAM still alive or had died. Diverting with the first access, this decision takes all its direction after reflexion. Indeed, in reality, it is impossible for a Soldier X to know if the Soldier Y on other side of the zone east always in life. The goal of the operation being significantly to increase the tension on the shoulders of each player. Are the supposed fellow-members to ensure my backs they always alive? Am I an easy target? Am I the last survivor? As many questions as the players will be posed. The only way of having a brief reply will lie of course in the use of the microphone.

The microphone will undergo to him also a considerable modification. For recall, each TEAM has one or more channels in order to speak and to establish strategies. Deaths are of course in a specific channel while waiting for the following sleeve. The communications are always carried out via the micro Head-Set. The innovation lies in the management of the propagation of the sound. A soldier who speaks with his microphone with a fellow-member could from now on be heard by whoever passing in trimmings. The distance from diffusion of the voice will depend on a multitude on elements (volume, etc). The players of the opposing team will be able to hear these voices but these last will not leave the helmet Head-Set, but indeed the high speakers the tele one. Logical thing since these voices belong to the sound effects of the environment. The difficulty will be thus to distinguish the whispers from the other parasites (winds, etc).

Lastly, let us note that it will be from now on possible of customiser its parts as good seems to us with, enter others, the possibility of choosing if such or such weapon will be authorized or not. The avid ones of competitions and other friendly matches will be also delighted by learn the appearance of an entirely dedicated section in which creations of parts will be specific. The player creating the match will have to select in a list the name of the two teams in competition. The goal being to store each meeting in a basic kind of data which will be, for example, visible in the public card of the clan (a number of victories, defeats...).

For this first official statement on the part Online de Socom 3 , to say as much that Zipper Interactive was not miserly in information. Remain to know if all these promises will be respected and perfectly used in the play, in which case Socom 3 could become the new reference of the play on line on PlayStation 2 . E3 of Los Angeles, which will be held in next May, should bring many answers.

[SS]Chief
04-14-2005, 06:30 PM
LOL...I tried to read this as well...here is the translation for the Tactical Underground site...

Summary:

*11 new maps

* ''The better maps of SOCOM1 and SOCOM2''

* New online maps will be at least 2 times bigger than old maps

* Balanced teams (Seal/Terror) = For a tactical approach

* Some maps one side has a slight advantage to make ''clashes''

* Destructable elements in the game that you can destroy (parts of the map, like barrels)

* ''A bullet in the head and your enemy is dead. ''

* Shoot me in the leg, and I'm injured and cant run or walk, due to serious injury

* Two new game modes (Putting a concentration on clans)

* Possibly have a logo on your team-mates uniforms

* ''The members of the clan will be able to test all their tactics directly while confronting club with a variable AI''

* Removing who is alive and dead. Get your pen and paper at the ready.

* Headset/Comms only work on a certain distance and depend on a multitude of elements (volume, etc)

* The enemy can hear your comms, but out their speakers not their headset

* Customize which guns are allowed or not in a room

* Clans Stats = Real, this time you can make a clan room and select the clan which you are to fight from a list, and this will keep data such as
clan losses/wins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

[SS]Chief
04-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Okay...standdown from Drill....the guys on the Sony boards said this was an Aprils Fools joke...I guess I should have known by the date. Sorry.

[SS]Blitz
04-14-2005, 07:32 PM
I wasted 20 minutes trying to figure out exactly what they was saying in the 1st post. Then I notice that you already did that.

Then I read its a j/k.

LMAO !!!!!!!!!1

[SS]Shooter
04-14-2005, 09:21 PM
CHIEF DELETE THIS THREAD SO NO ONE ELSE WASTES THEIR TIME.

[SS]Chief
04-14-2005, 09:46 PM
I tried:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

PSYCHO
04-15-2005, 02:09 AM
lol. that's painful. I gave my friend info on that while reading it, then read the april fools deal.

[SS]Vapid
04-15-2005, 03:07 AM
It's probably all Chiefs doing anyway.

[SS]Cuervo
04-15-2005, 10:13 AM
YOU F'N BASTARD!!

[SS]Snakebite
04-15-2005, 11:51 AM
"These new charts would be, for certain, up to 2 times larger than those of the precedent opus and were studied perfectly to push the tactical aspect of the software to its paroxysm."

to translate that = lag lol

Badger
04-15-2005, 01:59 PM
<--- Not entirely happy with Chief at the present moment spinningde SCREAMYGUY rofl

[SS]Steve-O
04-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Badger
<--- Not entirely happy with Chief at the present moment spinningde SCREAMYGUY rofl

[SS]Shooter
04-15-2005, 03:53 PM
The really disappointing thing is that those are ALL really good ideas.

Clan patches = rockin!

Hearing enemy comms in earshot = realistic

Wounds affecting player = great

I'm betting Zipper has none of these ideas in S3.