PDA

View Full Version : Headset suggestions?

Cree8
09-26-2003, 01:51 AM
I know this isn't a faq forum...BUT I'M DESPERATE!

I have a playstation 2 with a network adapter for online play. I play SOCOM Nave Seals and am problems with my headset. I can talk and I'm heard by other players, however I cannot hear them at all. I have tried port forwarding as well as enabling the DMZ directly to the IP my PS2 is on. Still nothing. I've also disabled the firewall, the modem firewall, and the windows XP firewall. STILL nothing. I even play with my computer off, and get the same results. I've contacted everyone from Frontiernet, Mcafee, Sony and have come up with nothing. This is really frustrating as I've searched all over the net for help and everything I've tried does not work. The ports I "need forwarded" to hear voices are UDP 6000-6999 and TCP 10070-10080. This is my last resort. Please help.

that's my cheesy complaint letter to the makers of my Speedstream 5200 modem. I'm waiting for a reply but in the meantime, can anyone suggest something? please?:confused: :confused: :confused:
I do hear the comfirmation beep so it's not the headset.
Any input is much appreciated.

[SS]Deadeye-R
09-26-2003, 01:56 AM
I don't know this for sure (when mine broke I just through it out an bought another one, but I have heard you can open up the inline sound card and mess with the wires within. The major problem was a certain wire that comes a bit loose and starts messin with your headset. Again, I take no responsiblity for you breakin your headset for good. But, if it doesn't work right now there is no harm in trying. Good Luck!!

Cree8
09-26-2003, 02:03 AM
What do you mean by inline sound card?
The headset works cuz I do hear that "beep" when you key up. So I don't think it's the headset. It's brand new (the one that came with the game.)

[SS]Steve-O
09-26-2003, 09:18 AM
Take it to Wal-Mart and ask for a new Socom game. Even if you do not have the recipt they will take it back. But you have to say you at least bought it there(even thou you you probably didn't).

[SS]Cuervo
09-26-2003, 10:43 AM
Cree8.. best test is.. does it work offline?? I had the same problem and thought forever it was the network etc.. and when i finally tested it offline.. it was the headset.. people could hear me but i couldnt hear them.

also.. you got a speedstream eh?? well try one thing.. should have an option to enable all ports.. but i was told by them that their modems do not support voice over IP yet they work.. i have a speedstream as well..

<AE> MISERY
09-26-2003, 01:48 PM
CUERVO UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE TO YOUR ROUTER...

TRY THAT..

OR....

I HAVE ANOTHER SUGGESTION AND IT HAS TO DO WITH DITCHING THE PS2 ADAPTER AND GETTING A DIFFERENT ONE THAT PLUGS INTO THE FRONT...

YOUR ACTUAL MIC MAY BE BAD AS WELL.. THE WIRE FOR THE EARPIECE MAY HAVE BEEN PULLED LOOSE...

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT ANY FURTHER EXPLANATION ON ANY OF THESE ABOVE

[SS]Cuervo
09-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by <AE> MISERY
CUERVO UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE TO YOUR ROUTER...

TRY THAT..

OR....

I HAVE ANOTHER SUGGESTION AND IT HAS TO DO WITH DITCHING THE PS2 ADAPTER AND GETTING A DIFFERENT ONE THAT PLUGS INTO THE FRONT...

YOUR ACTUAL MIC MAY BE BAD AS WELL.. THE WIRE FOR THE EARPIECE MAY HAVE BEEN PULLED LOOSE...

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT ANY FURTHER EXPLANATION ON ANY OF THESE ABOVE

Misery.. i dont have a problem anymore.. and it was my mic.. as i replaced it and was fine.. my firmware is up to date..

DO NOT GET AN ADAPTER THAT PLUGS IN THE FRONT!!!! They are not sanctioned by Sony and because Socom II uses DNAS, it authenticates via a "REGISTERED" Network adapter.

[SS]Dr.Who
09-26-2003, 02:46 PM
Cuervo Said: DO NOT GET AN ADAPTER THAT PLUGS IN THE FRONT!!!! They are not sanctioned by Sony and because Socom II uses DNAS, it authenticates via a "REGISTERED" Network adapter.

What did I read that right??? I think there may be a mixup here cuz I play Madden 04 (it has the same DNAS technology) and I have it hooked to the front top USB port on my PS2................ it plays just fine.

<AE> MISERY
09-26-2003, 06:53 PM
ADAPTER OUT FRONT WORKS.. PASSES ALL THEIR TESTS.. I HAVE ALWAYS USED IT AND CONTINUE TO DO SO.. YEEE HAWWWW

[SS]Cuervo
09-26-2003, 11:59 PM
ok.. good.. thanks for clearing it up..

Cree8
09-27-2003, 04:05 PM
I have tryed it on the one player mode and it works fine. I hear my guys, and they respond to my commands. What modem do you have Cuervo? Mine's the 5200 and there's not a command that I can see that says to open all ports. I even tried with the computer off and STILL nothing. I shut the modem firewall off completely also. I'm clueless.