PDA

View Full Version : A message from e-seals...

[SS]MILF[r]
02-24-2005, 11:39 AM
I just got this from my e-seals newsletter....usally these guys get info first, but in this case it doesn't look that way..lol. But I will post up more if I find it.

HOT OFF THE PRESS! THE FIRST NEWS ABOUT SOCOM 3!
You wake up in the dead of night screaming "Are they changing the hit detection!?" Maybe in the middle of conversations you speculate "I wonder if I will be able to blow away terrorists from the turret of my strikeboat?" SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs is closer than you think and e-SEALs will be your place to get the latest information about new features, improvements, advancements, and missions in this highly anticipated release. Our friends over at SCEA and Zipper Interactive have given us a sneak peak inside SOCOM 3 and we are going to be sharing any news and information they send our way. So I am going to stop my incessant rambling and just get into the news:

SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs will be released in Fall 2005! (ESRB Rating is still pending.)
Three new, HEAVILY researched Areas of Operation: With every release, the SOCOM development team spends a ton of time getting the details absolutely perfect to re-create the mission environments for the game. For SOCOM 3, SEALs and Terrorists will be battling it out in Morocco, Poland, and Bangladesh.
Larger Maps: Some of maps included in SOCOM 3 will be up to 5 times as large as previous installments. More places to run, more places to hide, more places to die!
More Weapons: You can now customize your weapons! With 30 weapons and 21 attachments, you can create over 1000 different weapon combinations and snipe with a different gun every day!
Drivable Land Vehicles and Watercraft: By popular demand, the SOCOM development team has added usable vehicles to SOCOM 3. Now we haven't yet been told how extensive the use of vehicles will be or if they will be available on every map, but we do know some of the vehicles available will include turret-equipped pickups, SEAL-team Humvees, and the SOC-R Assault Boat. Talk about riding in style!
Greater Environmental Interactivity: Ok that's just a bunch of fancy words meaning that you can do more with what you see. For example, you can now pilot strikeboats along waterways for waterborne assaults. Your characters will also now be able to use water (and swimming!) for cover and to perform more in depth stealth operations. So make sure to bring your swim trunks and some sunscreen...your team might be spending a lot of time in the water!
Improved Voice Recognition: Use your team to their full potential with improved voice commands that allow for a greater selection of tactical options.
Looks like SCEA and Zipper Interactive have been busy! But we didn't want to leave you with just wordy descriptions so here are a couple screenshots from SOCOM 3 for you to share with your friends:

This is just a glimpe of the new advances to the offline portion of SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs, enough to get you talking in the forums about what's to come. We will be bringing you more information as it becomes available with TONS about the online advancements that SCEA and Zipper Interactive will announce at this year's E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) in May. What's do you want to see?

P.S. MILF is looking to go to this...so Beansy, we need to saddle up bro. E3 here we come!