ILLusion
12-30-2004, 08:41 PM
so how iz it. from people who have played. im just wondering b4 i buy it

[SS]Rator
12-30-2004, 09:16 PM
let me know...lol

75R Airborne
12-31-2004, 10:22 AM
I thought it was so good that I moved my clan operations to Ghost Recon 2. I can't speak for the PS2 version, from what I heard there was some serious bait-and-switch advertising done on that which angered alot of people who bought it. Apparently everyone who bought it thought it would have 3rd person view. Turned out only the Xbox version has it. PS2 version is first person only, and you can't even see your gun. So as far as the Xbox version goes, I haven't been this pleased in a military 3rd person shooter in a long time. If you appreciate true tactical gameplay on very large maps (for the most part) with minimal to no lag, then this game is for you. But If you like run-n-gun on smaller maps and enjoy the challenge of trying not to get killed in your own spawn point by a grenade launcher 5 seconds into a round...in the middle of the worst lag you've ever seen...then stick with Socom.

To be fair, I should tell you that there is no blood when you shoot someone. That bothers alot of people. However, when you shoot someone they die 99.9% of the time. When you cap somebody in the back, they die. They don't spin around and kill you with one lucky shot instead. Another downside is that there is a boot error inherent on every disc. Once in awhile either before, during, or after a game you will get a red X on your screen with text saying that there is a problem with your Xbox, please restart. It can be annoying, but it doesn't happen near as often as a booting from a Socom room. And since you're obviously a Socom player, you're already used to that anyway.

Ghost Recon 2 for Xbox - A great, fun game!
Ghost Recon 2 for PS2 - Buy at your own risk!

And no, I am not a paid endorser laffyguy

The Chief
12-31-2004, 12:12 PM
Our clan (ReD) had talked about moving over to another game...but to date we havn't found one. I know that Curveo is trying to get me to City of Heros...I am working bro...LOL.

But perhaps this one might be the one to move to...

[SS]Rator
12-31-2004, 03:16 PM
Glad you like it airborne. The SS however will not be moving from console to console, if we move, it will be to the real deal with our own servers and a PC game.

[SS]Blitz
12-31-2004, 05:46 PM
I also own the X-Box version. I have only played it online a couple times, but I must say that I am really enjoying the single player missions.

Another thing is that the PS-2 version and the X-Box version are completely different games. I am not sure why, but all the maps and the single player missions are totally different.

[SS]Shooter
12-31-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 75R Airborne
But If you like run-n-gun on smaller maps and enjoy the challenge of trying not to get killed in your own spawn point by a grenade launcher 5 seconds into a round...in the middle of the worst lag you've ever seen...then stick with Socom.
Damn! You are sure badmouthing our beloved Socom!

LOL -- I know Socom has its issues, and we complain too, BUT it does do a lot of things right. It is fun to play, has simple controls, and lends itself well to building small unit tactics and cohesiveness.

I don't know if more techincal gameplay would be an asset or not. I remember I loved Strike Commander for the PC but hated more techinical F-16 simulators... too much BS, not enough actual fun.

75R Airborne
12-31-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Shooter
Damn! You are sure badmouthing our beloved Socom!

LOL -- I know Socom has its issues, and we complain too, BUT it does do a lot of things right. It is fun to play, has simple controls, and lends itself well to building small unit tactics and cohesiveness.

I don't know if more techincal gameplay would be an asset or not. I remember I loved Strike Commander for the PC but hated more techinical F-16 simulators... too much BS, not enough actual fun.

I've never played any game longer than I played Socom. Before the lag became unbearable, I wouldn't have traded it for anything. Unfortunately there was no other recourse but to move on to something better, and I think Ghost Recon 2 is definitely better (The XBOX version, that is). But it depends on the person and what your idea of a fun gaming experience is. Plus, the Xbox offers more control as far as keeping out unruly hooligans.

ILLusion
01-09-2005, 01:34 PM
This Game is trash i just wasted a good b day present that i coulda got something good oo well

[SS]Fight[r]
01-09-2005, 02:58 PM
The PS2 version is horrible. Stay away.

razor
01-11-2005, 12:56 PM
send a friends invite

xbox live tag = RAZOR 404

XBC = RAZOR-404