PDA

View Full Version : Liberation Not Working

UMMaDCoW
12-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me out a little. I got the new map Liberation the other day and copied to the HDD. I then logged on to socom and wanted to play the new map, but it tells me that I don't have it installed on the HDD. So I rebooted the PS2 and tried to load it again from the demo disk. It tells me the file already exist. I tried browsing the HDD, to try and find the file, so I can delete it but I can't find the file anywhere. I also can't find the After Hours file, but I can play it just fine.

Any Ideas would be great.

PS, sorry about the confusion last night guys and hopefully we won't have any more of those.

Thanks in advance.

[UM] -MaDCoW-

[SS]Fight[r]
12-30-2004, 04:46 PM
When you first boot up Socom 2. On the main menu, go to options. Make sure you have the HDD enabled.

S10Draven
12-30-2004, 04:48 PM
it is enabled if he can play the ah map. check in the socom folder on the hdd. thats where the file shoutld be.

UMMaDCoW
01-01-2005, 04:02 PM
When I try to look in the Socom folder on the HDD, it tells me to insert the disk, so when I do that it just loads the game. I got another CD with Liberation on it, so I'm going to try and overwrite that file with the new one, thinking maybe it was corrupted on that particular disk. I will post back if that doesn't work. Thanks for the replies though.

[SS]Informer
01-01-2005, 07:06 PM
enable HDD in your options, then install the file. Then reboot the ps2.

S10Draven
01-01-2005, 07:14 PM
it is enabled. he said he can play the after hours map just fine. he probably just got a bum disc.

[SS]Grunt
01-02-2005, 02:39 PM
or try a redownload. the same happened to me too.

G6 SOUR WHISKEY
01-02-2005, 08:56 PM
i downloaded mine like 5 times in a row just to extra safe.

The Chief
01-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Yea I would go for the redownload again..thing. Unless you already gave your disk to someone else...yikes...

UMMaDCoW
01-03-2005, 12:15 PM
I got it fixed, but if anyone else has the problem, here is how I fixed it. I deleted the Socom II partition on the HDD, loaded socom up, disabled and re-enabled the HDD in the options section. That created the partition again. Then I put the OPM disk back in and copied the Liberation file to the HDD as well as the one for After Hours. Booted socom back up, logged on, and they were both there finally. Thanks for all the help guys.